What do they actually use Ipads for?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do you think they might need these things surgically removed?:mysmilie_17:

I think it is to be interactive with the twitterati, innit??? Dead cool like. I loathe it personally. Looking desperately through their tablets instead of paying attention to the guest or, heaven forbid, the viewing audience is just so rude.

Do you think they might need these things surgically removed?:mysmilie_17:

They would if I got hold of them but it wouldn't be from their arms! ;)

I somehow suspect she's channelling Dennis Norden. "If you're one of those people...."

Don't start me on the turd she wears on her head or the fact she has to belt everything up so tight when she wears it. Like some old Victorian school ma'am!

I remember seeing her on an episode of Casualty years ago. She played a mealy mouthed uptight nag of a girlfriend, of some poor bloke who was a patient. It struck me at the time that she had the perfect face and straight laced look about her to play such a part. I imagined the casting director perusing his/her files and seeing her on there and thinking 'perfect'!

You know, if you or I were told to be rude and interrupt people in order to keep control of the hour and show the guests who's boss, we'd be thinking, gawd, what will my friends think of me and I hope I'm not embarrassing my family. How they come across doesn't seem to bother them, though. Money - the root of all evil.

You know, if you or I were told to be rude and interrupt people in order to keep control of the hour and show the guests who's boss, we'd be thinking, gawd, what will my friends think of me and I hope I'm not embarrassing my family. How they come across doesn't seem to bother them, though. Money - the root of all evil.

The only real loose cannons they ever had on were Lennie and Joan - both sadly no longer with us. There's absolutely no need to try and keep control of the hour. Why don't they realise that a more relaxed style would get them at least as many sales in the hour... and would result in repeat sales from those customers.

Imagine if you were grabbed off the high street, dragged into the store, and then frog-marched up to the till to pay. You might feel intimidated into doing it one time (though based on posts here I sincerely doubt any of the forum members would be intimidated by anything), but you would make sure you never, ever got caught again! AND you would warn everyone you could to avoid the situation.

A really good sales pitch is a conversation, not a shout-fest from any obnoxious presenter on air. Depriving us of any knowledge about how to use a product / how it works / what kind of effects we could see / when to use it etc as they garble and bellow over anything a guest has the temerity to say about a product in which they are the experts.

Now - of course - QVC are kindly ensuring that the guests are as clueless as the presenters. All the knowledgeable, credible ones seem to be quietly shuffled to the side. I'm amazed they haven't gotten rid of Simon Brown and Jilly Jones and replaced them with the likes of "the Christmas crew".

I think it is to be interactive with the twitterati, innit??? Dead cool like. I loathe it personally. Looking desperately through their tablets instead of paying attention to the guest or, heaven forbid, the viewing audience is just so rude.
I agree, it does seem rude, especially when they are 'allegedly' checking the Facebook or Twitter feed and thus not listening to the guest, thus they then ask a question that has just been answered because they weren't listing. Not very good at multitasking. I suppose from 'q' point of view it makes the presenters seem more accessible

Latest posts

Back