What is the blinkin point of Waitlist orders

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
Grrrr, this is the third time this has happened to me in as many months. I've had items put by on waitlist and then I've noticed routinely that they are back in stock again yet my order still says "awaiting stock". When I've phoned up querying why I haven't been allocated the new stock and received the goods I just get the same old reply "oh your order is stuck in the system" so can't allocate you stock and the system can't cancel it either as its stuck. So they send an em to another dept requesting the order be wiped and then I have to place an order for the new stock separately. But twice now I've been told that the EasyPay I had with the first order cannot be honoured as its not on EP now!! What a bl**dy racket.

Why do QVC offer waitlist if they can't maintain it properly. 3 times since Christmas, feels me with no hope for another time.

reminds me of my waitlist/advanced order saga yesterday. the ordering system is an absolute shambles.

I've had that happen a few times too.
It always seems to happen when it was on easy pay or when they've hiked the price of the new stock.

I've only been on waitlist the once and noticed the item was back in stock. When I called they told me that not when the items come in that only a certain percentage is allocated to waitlist customers with the rest going back into stock. I was a bit miffed because it was a TSV and on easy pay so I could either wait and hope or reorder at a higher price and without the easy pays. I decided to wait but I then got a letter saying they couldn't honour the waitlist requests as thee was a "stock issue" and they cancelled my order. But they did give me a £5 credit.

I took the credit obviously but bought the frock a couple of weeks later on eBay for just about one of the easy pays.

oooh I am pleased I am not the only person who has been waitlist stung, but I am not pleased that you have all been let down too obviously!! The whole waitlist rings a con to me :eek:( if they are prepared to honour your order in the beginning by letting you place it when the original stock has gone, then they should honour it right through to the end. QVC seem to have rules applicable just for them far too regularly, I wish we could change the rules back occasionally, ie refuse to pay last EP or something we can change our tune too LOL LOL.

Last edited:
The OP has sparked off a wonderment with my waitlist order (a ring) Yes I agree, what is the point of waiting so long? A past waitlist order of mine was made, and 3 months later I was informed by email that the stock would never be replenished. Thank you very much, bye bye.

Its a little disconcerting - similar to a parent promising a child a gift, and then not delivering. I got very excited about my waitlist request, (diamonique ring) then my hopes were dashed

I guess the advantage of waitlist, if there is one, is it stops me from spending further, e.g. "oh that ring is nice on air, but I won't order as I have one due" (then dashed as the due fails and the other also goes on waitlist)

What a mess!!

I also feel QVC have gone OTT with the advanced orders also - not 1 stock cycle (released in 1 month) but 2 stock cycles (you will get it in 3 months)

Im sure it wont be long before they do a triple (on air February, delivery estimate December - start planning for Xmas advanced orders)

The only negativity I've found with waitlist orders is an unavoidable problem: item in question hasn't come back in stock. One does have to be careful not to forget one has an item on waitlist, however, or an item you are not expecting or perhaps now wanting will arrive!

Waitlist problems

Yes, I agree that the waitlist is a pain. What annoys me the most about it though is when I have gone on it, only to be sent a letter (90 days later) saying basically that time is up and they cannot get it - only to find about a day or so after, that it is back in stock!! argh!! it always happens when I have an item that is either on OTO price or something similar and of course, if I still want it, I would have to pay the full price for it.

I'd be happy to have £5 compensation when they fail to supply a waitlist order, maybe £10 for a failed auto-delivery or advanced order because there's surely no excuse for Q to over-sell these. I'm not holding me breath.

Jude xx

Got to thank you for starting this thread as I very recently ordered a Gatineau product on waitlist and after reading this I noticed that the item was in stock on the site. I would have presumed I would automatically be sent one but seems when customers cancel the order (as in this case) the stock isn't replenished so the waitlist doesn't apply. I therefore cancelled my waitlist and reordered. YIPPEEE I'm going to get mine and it's all thanks to this thread THANKS

You're very welcome OpalFruit, I am thrilled you got your item, wahoo, result!!!, but again no thanks to QVC, poor

I think the quickest and easiest way to check up is to log into your account on the QVC website and then go into the your order list, the item numbers on each order is a hyperlink so if you just click on it and it will take you straight to the item and then this will show if its in stock or not. I have now learnt to immediately order it again at this point on cheque hold (so no one gets in before me lol) and then I ring CS to sort out the waitlist order. 9/10 times they have to cancel the W/L order as the system has gone doo lally, so then the cheque hold takes over. And I then argue about the original EP, introductory price etc - never get anywhere mind :eek:(

Why cant QVC go back to the good old days "oh! sold out! - maybe the buyers will get this back in stock, as its so popular" End of. (Paul Lavers selling turn your metal into gold solution in 1997)

I knew I'd seen a thread about this, have just searched through and found it! I've been tracking some south sea pearls to see if they'd go into Last Clicks so I could justify buying them :blush:. I've been keeping an eye on them for at least six months, maybe longer (I know tragic isn't it :giggle:) and then lo and flipping behold they are reduced on the one day I fail to check and of course instantly sell out :headbang:. I noticed that there was a waitlist so immediately got myself on it, although I assumed that this dated from when it was a regular stock item and didn't really expect any success. Next time I had cause to ring QVC I asked what the chances were of my waitlist being fulfilled and CS said that a few people had put them on chequehold so there might me a cancellation, but that there is no facility for any stock that is either returned or cancelled to be allocated to waitlist customers, and advised me to keep checking every day in case the item started to show as in stock again :dull:. Seems a crackers system (or non-system) to me, but I have kept checking but it's still consistently been showing as waitlist only. Then yesterday I couldn't believe it when I got the 'your parcel is on its way' email! Am thrilled to ribbons but wondering how I managed to secure them if indeed there is no link between my waitlist order and returned stock or cancelled orders...think I'll believe it when I see the package :wonder:

Latest posts

Back