Sorry, another return query (and rant!)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
Q have cocked up by re-ordering an order I've already returned.

I had a ring my niece really wanted after seeing one I was returning that was too big for me (even though I'd ordered smaller than usual after reading reviews - I was expecting big, not huge!), but too small for her. Bit gutted as I'd liked it forever but a bit relieved as it was a frivolous purchase and our circumstances have changed since it went on my wishlist.

In the meantime, my credit card company decided to unexpectedly supply us with new cards (on the same account but different numbers), six months before the end date (no reason given, no credit limit changes). Now I'm having phone calls and letters even though I've added my new card to my account.

So, latest letter has been the ring I had on waitlist for my niece (that had already arrived AND been returned as, despite me ordering small for her, again was too big) is now back in stock but they can't send it until I sort my credit card, which I have (had to ring them a fortnight ago AND yesterday).

I'm assuming this ring is going to arrive again but I'm unsure if it'll be Hermes or RM. How do I return it without having to pay ANOTHER return postage for a ring that, this time, I haven't actually ordered? Do I just refuse delivery? If I do that what proof do I have it's been refused?

Sorry for the long story. I HAD to get it off my chest so I thought I'd unburden myself on you lovely ladies (and gents) and get some good advice, too.

Thanks.

wow ! AE there is more than one issue here, and it seems to get more complicated the more I read your 'rant' !
Its never easy when c/cards are renewed, and I even had the one I had been using for years rejected by QVC last summer, which gave me the much needed excuse to stop my purchasing with them.

As soon as you take delivery, ring CS and ask for a return postage label, - you can do this up to 14 days I think (it could be 7 days, not sure). So you wont have to pay a thing.

wow ! AE there is more than one issue here, and it seems to get more complicated the more I read your 'rant' !
Its never easy when c/cards are renewed, and I even had the one I had been using for years rejected by QVC last summer, which gave me the much needed excuse to stop my purchasing with them.

As soon as you take delivery, ring CS and ask for a return postage label, - you can do this up to 14 days I think (it could be 7 days, not sure). So you wont have to pay a thing.

Thanks, Brissles.

That's a much more sensible option than faffing around at the doorstep (assuming I get to the door in time - I know I'm slower than treacle but our postie and Hermes guys must be wearing the Flash outfit most days).

I worked myself up into a right knotted knickers state about it and now can't believe I didn't think of a simple phone call!

Latest posts

Back