Whatever happened to Jan Springer?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Hello everyone from a warm and sunny Vilnius, where I am enjoying my free holiday! Next stop, Palanga!

Was just watching some old music videos, including this one of Mary Macgregor, as I heard the song on the radio and looked up who sang it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmvYlJb2-bc

Looking at that backing singer from c. 1:08, I suddenly thought of Jan Springer. Maybe she had a former career as backing singer and bass guitarist for soft rock / pop ballads?!

Really like the song though. I like the sort of dreaminess quality it has to it. I like the meolody anad thte harmonies, too. And I like the whole 70s look of the group. You'd never get anything like this nowadays, they have to gyrate their surgically-enhanced buttocks, jump around and swear to make a hit.

Does anyone know what happened to Jan Springer? I haven't seen her on in absolutely ages. Maybe it's because they don't do so many gold hours as nobody can afford it anymore? I did like her as a guest, though. She had a nice, relaxing voice and a non-shouty demeanour.

Last edited:
She was on Q about a week ago Jules.

Oh, I must have missed her. I'd have tuned in if I'd known she was going to be on. She was one of the best guests. There aren't many guests that I like, but she was one of them.

Does anyone remember that bloke with the "Swivel Sweeper," that insisted on saying the words "swivel sweeper" every five seconds? I'd like to have told him to shove his swivel sweeper where the sun doesn't shine!

yep shes always on doing most gold fever shows now

I'll have to tune in. Haven't watched QVC in a while since I tuned in to find Sara Griffiths shrieking about some tacky old cheap Chinese bead necklace that looked like it was made from Superglue!

Hi Julius, hope all is going as well as planned and you are wearing plenty of Soltan :)
I've been to Klaipeda twice and loved the city - half built by the Germans and half by the Soviets - loved the contrast.
Haven't made it to Palanga, went to Kaunas to catch a plane back to the UK. I think it was around £30 one way on Ryan air a couple of years ago - happy days.

Hi Julius, hope all is going as well as planned and you are wearing plenty of Soltan :)
I've been to Klaipeda twice and loved the city - half built by the Germans and half by the Soviets - loved the contrast.
Haven't made it to Palanga, went to Kaunas to catch a plane back to the UK. I think it was around £30 one way on Ryan air a couple of years ago - happy days.

Hi Marina, I'm so glad you liked Klaipeda. It is a lovely place. I can't wait to go to Palanga. I am writing a travel piece so will have to see and do everything and then decide which bits to write about. I'm flying back from Palanga to Oslo, then to Gatwick. Interestingly, Norwegian airlines now fly direct from Gatwick to Palanga International Airport, but I wanted to spend a few days in Vilnius first. It's just so nice to be away from the everyday routine, to breathe fresh air and walk in the green parks.

there is a gold fever on

16/05/2015 09:00 - 11:00 PM

03/06/2015 05:00 - 08:00 PM

so proberbly be on then

Thanks, Willow. I will watch the June one as on 16th May will be travelling back home. Will probably be at Gatwick on a freezing cold railway platform!

Hello everyone from a warm and sunny Vilnius, where I am enjoying my free holiday! Next stop, Palanga!

Was just watching some old music videos, including this one of Mary Macgregor, as I heard the song on the radio and looked up who sang it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmvYlJb2-bc

Looking at that backing singer from c. 1:08, I suddenly thought of Jan Springer. Maybe she had a former career as backing singer and bass guitarist for soft rock / pop ballads?!

Really like the song though. I like the sort of dreaminess quality it has to it. I like the meolody anad thte harmonies, too. And I like the whole 70s look of the group. You'd never get anything like this nowadays, they have to gyrate their surgically-enhanced buttocks, jump around and swear to make a hit.

Does anyone know what happened to Jan Springer? I haven't seen her on in absolutely ages. Maybe it's because they don't do so many gold hours as nobody can afford it anymore? I did like her as a guest, though. She had a nice, relaxing voice and a non-shouty demeanour.

Jan Springer has been on a couple of times lately.

It's 99% earrings as with all the other shows as this is the only items they can bring in under a certain price point. Boooorrriiinnng

Latest posts

Back