Whats "lurking" in your cupboard ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Scampdog

Registered Shopper
I wonder if anyone else has purchases from QVC lurking around the house that they just dont use ?, you know the one !, you fall for the sales pitch and "dash" to the phone !, then it never sees the light of day !, we all must have something :thinking2::flower:...

mine well here goes !

I still have 2 Hanna's candles, out of a set of 4 they smell awful and I threw the other 2 out because my OH and I could not stand the scent plus we got headaches.

some "twigs" around the garden that should be "blooming" lovely plants according to Mr Jackson.

a serving dish in a metal frame !, yet to be used and collecting dust nicely.

I have a food chopper thingy, that just stays in the cupboard and has yet to be used.

I am sure there are others

Your turn now !! :thinking2::flower:

Nothing, absolutely nothing!
Anything I didn't like or want has long since been returned/flogged/given away - I am definitely an 'anti-hoarder', hate clutter & conform totally to William Morris' theory of “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful”! :angel:

I am definitely an 'anti-hoarder', hate clutter & conform totally to William Morris' theory of “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful”! :angel:

Can you give me lessons on this theory Kitten, I so want to conform but I'm not having any success!!

Back Magic..!

I know it works & that I 'should' use it regularly... but... it hurts sooo much to get off it, it puts me off!!

I wonder if anyone else has purchases from QVC lurking around the house that they just dont use ?, you know the one !, you fall for the sales pitch and "dash" to the phone !, then it never sees the light of day !, we all must have something :thinking2::flower:...

mine well here goes !

I still have 2 Hanna's candles, out of a set of 4 they smell awful and I threw the other 2 out because my OH and I could not stand the scent plus we got headaches.

some "twigs" around the garden that should be "blooming" lovely plants according to Mr Jackson.

a serving dish in a metal frame !, yet to be used and collecting dust nicely.

I have a food chopper thingy, that just stays in the cupboard and has yet to be used.

I am sure there are others

Your turn now !! :thinking2::flower:

I've got lots of bath/body/beauty products stored away but I'm sure I will use them all up eventually. Also I'm a bag-a-holic and have some bags I've bought but not used yet - though I will when the time is right, the same goes for some items of clothing and jackets, think I'm a jacketolic too!!

Things I've bought and not or hardly used which are just a waste of space are:

A kitchen 'implement' for making omlettes and other meals (bit like a sandwich toaster without the ridges) which has been used twice in two years.

The Yankee Candles Christmas TSV from last year as it makes a noise as it rotates and gets on my nerves (the musical Christmas Tree tart burner).

The Paul McKenna 'I Can Make You Thin' CD's and books, seemed like a good idea at the time but never been played/read.

The green bags for keeping food fresh for longer in the fridge, never seemed to work for me.

The storage bags you vaccum the air out of as they keep opening up all on their own.

I'm sure there are other useless items lurking around the place, just can't remember until I have one of Kitten's lessons on how to declutter.

I have multiple supplies of various miracle creams and potions - most of which I am sensitive to, also some birkis which I don't find as comfortable as my Clark's. I have a laser hair remover which was the biggest waste of money ever.:headbang: Thinking of this we also have a laser spirit level machine, which although is brilliant it is one of those things that we don't use as how often do you need to put up shelves!!

Oh, bottles of L'Occitane body lotions, soaps, Elemis PCMCs,cleansers and serums.

All quietly waiting to be used at some future date. Which could be the next century.:tongue2:

The Hulk Hogan grill! Yes it was me-I bought it. What a tw*t! (and that's not an i in there). It was used for about 3 months and now clutters up the cupboard taking up loads of room!!!!

various lotions and potions that seemed like a good idea at the time.Lots of beauty products that i bought as part of "must have kits" and never use.
oh yes and a stepper that was at a super bargain price, i used it once and convinced myself i was going to continue using it, that's now gathering dust in the spare room.
Not such a super bargain after all!!

'pasta perfect' - the pasta cooker where you leave the pasta in a pot of boiling water and in between times can store pasta in the pot

utter rubbish, and doesnt do either job well

Not sure about anything lurking because I tend to get rid of rather than be reminded of my mistakes but one of the worst things has to be some salad chopping machine which was also a salad spinner. Only ever tried it once and it then moved to the back of the kitchen cupboard, to the garage and then the dump!

Nothing wrong with a knife and lesson learned about useless kitchen gadgets....

It "doesn't work" Work blocks under the sink. Although I did discover they get rid of limescale/soap scum in the bath but only if I rub really really hard, which makes the end of my fingers dissolve.

Stainz R Out. It smells of bananas and that's just about it's only redeeming quality

Stuart

Forgot to mention my Jack La Lanne juicer. It does juice very well. The pulp is very dry which did bulk up a casserole quite nicely but….

The thing is a pig to clean. It requires a special tool to undo the blade. Plus it is too tall to fit under the kitchen cabinet when fully assembled. It may well go in the dishwasher but if it does then nothing else will. Plus I don't want to be running the dishwasher every time I feel like some juice

Did I mention that the vegetable/fruit combos I juiced (from the leaflet) tasted like the stuff you sick up in the back of your throat if you over eat?

I used it three times!

Stuart

'pasta perfect' - the pasta cooker where you leave the pasta in a pot of boiling water and in between times can store pasta in the pot

utter rubbish, and doesnt do either job well

I bought that too and totally agree, my OH nearly hit me with them as they were such junk. I also bought the spray tan but never sprayed it and some Markon flat shoes which are still boxed. I foolishly bought vintage cards and stamps along with scrapbooing papers which are now collecting dust in the bottom of a storage crate.
The only other thing that I thought was a complete waste and it took me two purchases to decide this are the prezerve jewellery wraps. I prefer boxes and only use these for junk jewellery, bit pointless!!:headbang:

Latest posts

Back