when can I see my posts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We would love to do another one there, however to/from Southampton ends up as a 3 weeks cruise...we are newly retired so now have the time, but not so free and easy with the money.
I am not sure if I didn't cruise if I would have purchased some of the sparly outfits I have, as it is I see it ,I love it, and when OH says where are you going to wear it I say on the cruise....tee hee.
Out of interest, having read some of the other posts in the forum, which are the popular fashion brands, and which aren't....please done let all of my choices be in the not popular.....
Can I ask if you have done those 'pay up front' schemes where you pay the tips and drinks beforehand, only have heard mixed views on that?

Can I ask if you have done those 'pay up front' schemes where you pay the tips and drinks beforehand, only have heard mixed views on that?

. Paying for tips is a good idea then you aren't in for a shock at the end. Sometimes you can get deals where tips are free or half price. If you drink wine/alcohol then it is worth buying a drinks package but for soft drinks
I would say just pay for them as a lot of soft drinks are free anyway.

With Pando you can either have what they deem the correct amount added onto your cabin account sometime during the first week -for the whole cruise..should you so desire you could tip on top of that amount in person-I know some do. Or you can speak to reception and have the whole lot taken off and give in envelopes on the last but one night.
I think they started the auto tipping as soo many people were not tipping at all.
We prefer auto tipping..actually we would like it to be added into the price of the cruise-ala Thompsons..but pando do not want to go down that path-yet.
did not notice any difference in service. The cabin staff and wait staff do know who is auto tipping and who isn't.

With Pando you can either have what they deem the correct amount added onto your cabin account sometime during the first week -for the whole cruise..should you so desire you could tip on top of that amount in person-I know some do. Or you can speak to reception and have the whole lot taken off and give in envelopes on the last but one night.
I think they started the auto tipping as soo many people were not tipping at all.
We prefer auto tipping..actually we would like it to be added into the price of the cruise-ala Thompsons..but pando do not want to go down that path-yet.
did not notice any difference in service. The cabin staff and wait staff do know who is auto tipping and who isn't.
should add with pando you cannot pay for bar drinks in advance....added to your shipboard account. I think you can purchase a wine package at the start, but we thought it expensive.you are also allowed to take alchahol on board with you for in cabin consumption. don't think you can on the American ships.

On RCI you aren't allowed to take alcohol into your cabin. If you buy any you leave it till you disembark.

Yeah I read that on our booking notice Loveheart, it was the same on the last cruise we were on.. Which ship were u on Loveheart?

Legend, Navigator, Independence, Serenade.Have done P&O too but prefer RCI.

I went on vision of the seas which is one of the smaller ships.It was lovely. We paid for the soft drink package which was a good deal as it was boiling every day so we drank loads.
Also went with Holland America which was fantastic. Elemis soaps,body lotions and shampoo/conditioner in the cabins every day. I dont know how they found the way into my suitcase!

Latest posts

Back