When was the last time ..........?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Posy

Registered Shopper
When was the last time you saw a TSV that truly was one? When I look at so many other websites that have free or reasonable postage I despair of QVC. Remember the days when beauty TSVs were so great you rushed to the phone. My QVC membership card has been gathering dust since Christmas when I succumbed to a White Charlie Bear!

When was the last time you saw a TSV that truly was one? When I look at so many other websites that have free or reasonable postage I despair of QVC. Remember the days when beauty TSVs were so great you rushed to the phone. My QVC membership card has been gathering dust since Christmas when I succumbed to a White Charlie Bear!

Yes I remember those days to it was so exciting you just had to rush to the phone to order.

The other day I was tiding my cupboard and filled a whole bin liner of used beauty products surplass to requirements.

Never order anything now think I've learnt my lesson :0))

of all the beauty brands i buy l'occitane the most as a tsv. but i found that they put a super size or two in the deal and say it is worth double,chuck some sample sizes in and call it a tsv with a fancy box for good measure.

most of the super sizes are available elsewhere and are not double in price anyway.

I bought the Elemis Christmas TSV along with hundreds of us on here.
I won't be buying the next one due to the cost.
I used to buy all the Philosophy TSV's when Lee was on but haven't bought any since he left.
I would buy LOccitaine if they bought us some new products now and again.

Think the real problem is most of the TSV's are just the same old same old, and added to that they come around what seems to be like every other month.

There is a limit to how many TSV's you can take really especially if you have been weak like me and doubled up on many of them. I think I could live forever and never get to the bottom of my stash:(

Totally with loveheart on this. Used to get sooo exhited and even stay up until midnight to make sure I got it. lol
Long, long ago.....

Haven't ordered anything since before Christmas. I can find most of what I need cheaper in the High Street. And I get the same results. After all, if the claims they make for these creams and lotions were true, they would be classed as ointments. Yes, for example, a product will cover up/fill in/ wrinkles, but what they don't tell you, is that 5 minutes later or after you have smiled, the effect wears off.

I've given up on QVC as well these days, I can hardly ever be bothered to stay up to watch the TSV's at midnight as I know that chances are it won't sell out straight away these days.

I was tempted to stay up for the Charlie Bears one but didnt bother and I dont think it sold out at all!

The Beauty TSV's are now ten to a dozen (literally), Elemis, Gatineu etc etc are on nearly every two months or so with another one and its all samey!

The last item I bought was a Joseph Esposito necklace which I was in two minds about, it came and was damaged at one of the magnets so sent it back for a full refund and I haven't been tempted since.

I remember when you could watch for a whole day (ie Beauty Day) and you would hardly see the product repeated twice, now if you watch one show you can be safe in the knowledge you've seen all they have to offer and no point watching any later shows.

I find I come on here more than I actually watch QVC these days! More interesting chat on the forum than on the channel! lol

I agree with boffy & loveheart. The tsv's no longer tempt me. I used to buy a lot of philosophy when Lee was around as he had so much enthusiasm for the products and his presentations were superb. The brand no longer appeals to me.

The last TSV I brought was the L'occitane summer showers collection back in June 2010. L'occitane & Elemis (depending on the cost) are now the only TSV's I give consideration to. Saying that I have managed to find Elemis sets elsewhere at a much cheaper cost & with L'occitane, I now feel that the same old products keep reappearing.

I did visit Cheshire Oaks yesterday & picked up some marseille soaps which were £2.40 each, 3 Ruban d'orange shower gels at £18.75 (for my niece & nephews) & a pack of 3 verbena liquid soaps for £26.80. They had the Christmas TSV - floral collection & were selling it for £50.00, so not much to save on that apart from QVC's p&p. They also had supersize cherry blossom shower gels & shea vanilla shower gels at £12.50 each & Rose des neiges (250ml) for £7.50.

I think with QVC the cost of the TSV keeps rising & when you add the p&p, & then consider that the items have been repeated a number of times, it just isn't worth it.

Saira x

I can't think of an example - but TSV's used to be such better value for money (and I'm not just talking about beauty stuff)

TSV's these days.like its been said on here many times - just feels like you're saving the postage really - and on a rare occassion,maybe a couple pounds as well,if you're lucky - I think the LG TSV may have been an example of that?

I,too,haven't bought anything since before christmas.I did buy some birkenstocks on sunday,but am sending those back tomorrow - I don't like them and they're not worth the money - simple as!

I was quite tempted by the LG,and am a bit cheesed off that the reviews are good and I didn't go for it - but I can wait till its on either easy pay or Ebay:sun:

Just wanted to say also,and I think it was said recently - that QVC brings us the products that they can form relationships with - rather than what we need,is it good,is it fashionable etc...................and I think thats why they have such a limited amount of companies n their books and their products are just on one endless loop:confused:

As a very busy, single 40 year old father of two boys, running my own business (and pretty useless at shopping/ knowing what to buy etc) I've always found qvc to be brilliant, particular for things such as Northern Nights and Yankee Candles. Its made my life so much easier, after putting the boys to bed being able to view items, demonstrations etc and the quality has historically always been good.

That said in recent times i'm shopping far less and less. The quality and range just doesn't seem here anymore. I only need 1 Acer laptop, 1 digital camera, 1 set of household items - not 10 of them!

Just a bit disappointing for me as trying to run a business, home and childrens busy sporting schedules qvc simplified my life. Lets hope their management team/buyers take on board their customers views.

I'm also not seeing such good value TSV's these days, and now the p&p is usually £5.95 for the beauty ones, I tend to give them a miss. I bought two of the Elemis xmas TSV's, which I thought was good value but am very proud that I haven't bought anything since then apart from some Alpha H Microcleanse. And that was only because I got the £5 discount that they sent out a few weeks ago. I would normally have bought several items a month but I'm just not seeing anything I've got to have, and the prices just aren't that competitive anymore.

Latest posts

Back