Where are they now ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Some brands have disappeared, or it might just be me that's missing their broadcasts. They're not brands I like, just a random list of those that stick in my mind for various reasons.

-microfibre towel sets (Carrie who takes her twins swimming)
-Calico fudge (presented by the beetroot-haired Gilly Jones)
-Trind nail treatments
-Those russian watches (called something like aeroflot)
-the "blue lens " sunglasses
-the tan-through swim suits
-Tiffany style lamps
-Gazebo - supposedly easily erected by 2 people :)heart:)
-DiscGear - a filing system for CDs and DVDs

I know they can't keep adding new lines without losing others, and I don't miss any of these. In fact I don't know why I've started this thread, it must be time for bed.

Linda zzzzzzzzzz

My OH loves the Blueblockers and managed to get another pair in the States a couple of years ago. The Russian watches I think are on IW.

Some brands have disappeared, or it might just be me that's missing their broadcasts. They're not brands I like, just a random list of those that stick in my mind for various reasons.

-Trind nail treatments
-Tiffany style lamps

I know they can't keep adding new lines without losing others, and I don't miss any of these. In fact I don't know why I've started this thread, it must be time for bed.

Linda zzzzzzzzzz

-microfibre towel sets (Carrie who takes her twins swimming) - never seemed that good -
Calico fudge (presented by the beetroot-haired Gilly Jones) - on other week
-Trind nail treatments - comes on now and again
-Those russian watches (called something like aeroflot) - Poljot on IW
-the "blue lens " sunglasses - blublockers not seen for ages
-the tan-through swim suits - solar saw a few on the other day
-Tiffany style lamps - they were on the other week and coming back in a few weeks
-Gazebo - supposedly easily erected by 2 people :)heart:) - IW have enough of them lol
-DiscGear - a filing system for CDs and DVDs - they had quite a few new ones over the last couple of weeks

my answers are in pink to help

the poljot have defected to IW much to hubbys dismay as he picks up the returns from the outlet & as its his only expensive vice as well as classic cars i can for give him........he for one REALLY wants them back......their CS is 2nd to NONE...even QVC on good days cant compare.
micros fibre towels providing there not the plush ones which are carp.........IMHO & others who visit.....normal ones are fab & i cant extol the virtures of the face clothes they used to do/ i stocked up on quite a few wehn they were on special offer
talking of blublockers i have some to list......ta for the nudge

I really miss the microfibre towels:sad: I didn't like the fluffy ones, but the original ones and the ones with a soirt of square pattern on them were great for centerparcs as they are so light and dry so quickly. I still have a couple of small ones I use for when I wash my hair-they are 'as new' as I never allowed the kids' grubby hands on them lol. They dry my hair superquick-quick blast with the hairdryer and my shoulder length hair is dry.

I really miss the microfibre towels:sad: I didn't like the fluffy ones, but the original ones and the ones with a soirt of square pattern on them were great for centerparcs as they are so light and dry so quickly. I still have a couple of small ones I use for when I wash my hair-they are 'as new' as I never allowed the kids' grubby hands on them lol. They dry my hair superquick-quick blast with the hairdryer and my shoulder length hair is dry.

Now don't laugh but a couple of years ago I bought a couple of microfibre "pet towels" from Poundland, they are brilliant for drying hair, which is what I keep them for..my hair is short and I just need a good rub and then a blob of gel and the hairdrier to spike my locks up for the day and away I go!

I was thinking the other night I would like a small tiffany style lamp for the lounge,they are on but not that often I think
I also miss MOP hair stuff,the tsvs were always good

Don't miss the BluBlockers. The lenses were good but the frames all fell apart after a year or so and yet I have much cheaper glasses that have been worn for years. One set even got dropped out of a plane and are still in use!

And microfibre cloths go nasty colours when used for a while. Is that just me or do others find the same?

-Trind nail treatments
-Tiffany style lamps

Linda zzzzzzzzzz

I saw Tiffany lamps recently

My microfibre towels have gone grubby-looking, too. I wash them with my whites (my normal towels still look like a Persil ad on the line, even though they're ancient) and used to stick a Colour Catcher in with them, too. Still, they look grey/blue - I'm almost embarassed to put them on my line!

It's not just the QVC ones either. I have a few face cloths and hair turbans from Dunelm that, admittedly were very cheap, and they've greyed, too. They do a great job, though. They face cloths (great for daily exfoliation and really get my skin clean)are 99p and the turbans (great for drying my shoulder-length hair quickly) are about a fiver.

Love micro fibre towels!

I have a set of the purple square ones & love them! Great for hair drying but the bath sheet was not that big. Taking them with me for my Son's wedding in Barbados this year as super quick at drying & fold up really smal :)

i like the guy who does the tiffany lamps can't remember his name think it's anthony

way back I used to buy my Aveda on QVc but sadly it disappeared ages ago, I tend to shop around now or buy when I get offers from Lookfantastic.

way back I used to buy my Aveda on QVc but sadly it disappeared ages ago, I tend to shop around now or buy when I get offers from Lookfantastic.

It was when Estee Lauder bought Aveda they not QVC decided to leave.

EL really changed the brand and loads of bits I bought and loved have not gone altogether from the rang. I never look at it now at all.

Latest posts

Back