Where are they ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Paul MacKenna, Uri Geller, Joan Rivers and I think I saw Tony Robinson the motivational speaker from the US at some point on QVC UK.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Andrew Gatineau is referring to a Youth Molecule, not a Youth module!! Not that it makes any more sense, I highly doubt that 'Youth Molecule' is a scientific term with any meaning whatsoever...

those china pigs!!! Piggin Collectables I think they were called, used to watch it just to be amused at a presenter gushing over the naff piggies and pretending how lovely they were.

I've still got one of those :blush: Was in my "pig collecting" phase though. Does that make it OK?!

Yes that is the fantasy wonder ingredient RedT.

Joan Rivers is on every few months, she has a few tv shows on in the US so doesn't come over as much.
Uri he pops up(usually when you think its safe to come out),

Paul McKenna has moved to the US and big there doing his I Can Make You Stop this and that.

Nails FX used to be foils and things for nails.
Tefal in the kitchen.
Really going off Keely of Elemis as it is always about her and not the product.
Mojave Magic as well
YBF
Moria C - who is still mad on IW

Had no idea Moira had been on QVC. I learn so much from you guys. Beth, the-wanna-be-presenter, who has one ear tuned to hear if anyone mentions her name, drives me crazy. I hit the remote to banish QVC for the next hour while she is on. But first, I give a loud, cat-like hisssss. Ah, so satisfying!

I heard from a former seller on Ideal World that QVC had a minimum volume per hour. If they sold (at that time) say 10K of stuff in that hour, the show stayed.. If it regularly failed in that, I guess the show got either dropped or done less often.

Yep, that David guy was on yesterday (Sunday) extolling a bird feeder (placed above a bowl of water, so no chance of food contaminating anything there!) and a hosepipe attachment that apparently did the job of a car washer/window cleaning unit, but without the need for a motor.. Because a Hozelock attachment that does the same thing for cheaper.. isn't sold by QVC?

Oh, also saw Mr Lock n Lock on Ideal B$ Xmas extolling their returns policy. Apparently with Ideal, you only send the one item back (if it messes up) rather than the whole order (as with QVC, apparently). Strangely QVC now flogging Cooks Essential me-toos of similar stuff they flogged for L&L. And naturally their version is better..

Anyone remember the Rolykit from years ago that were little trays filled with lots of different items and then rolled up.Kathy Van Zeeland bags was another one that bit the dust,also remember Mr Christmas, a very nice man ,think his name was Dexter.

I remember the Rolykits......bought two which are still going strong! Thought KVZ bags were still available but I see the brand isn't showing on the website now. As for Dexter, he always came across as such a charming man but boy he pushed some tat!

What happened to Old Tupton Ware I wonder?

The dyanamic forces was a range of comics wasnt it, and the guest was a guy call Nick Beruchi, i feel i may have spelt his surname wrong, but it was something simular. He was very hyperative, and knew a lot about the comics, and who signed them and stuff, he done a lot of hours with debbie flint if i remember.

Tefal i was only thinking about annette baker malpas, who i think appeared on IW, once with the actifry, but soon got replaced with there resident chefs, Paul Brodel and Joe Remblance.

There was a mythical range of strange tat, called Myth and Magic again debbie flint done a lot of those hours.

The cookery dou, were called Greg and Max, i know some of you said greg but couldnt remember his partner max.

Tony Blackburn, with his music cd's there used to be a music CD TSV every other week, ive even got the copy of the QVC Staff singing the locomotion, if anybody remembers that, much more professional than any of IW music.

I could go on but i wont, as could be hee all day

Debbis Flint used to present Egyptian gold jewellery - Nefertiti pendants and the like.

Jude xx

I remember the Rolykits......bought two which are still going strong! Thought KVZ bags were still available but I see the brand isn't showing on the website now. As for Dexter, he always came across as such a charming man but boy he pushed some tat!

What happened to Old Tupton Ware I wonder?

Yes, Joy Mangano wasn't it? I think it was her that also did those jewellery boxes that had millions of fold in & out bits..I had one and it was fine, I just got sick of seeing it and gave it away eventually!

The dyanamic forces was a range of comics wasnt it, and the guest was a guy call Nick Beruchi, i feel i may have spelt his surname wrong, but it was something simular. He was very hyperative, and knew a lot about the comics, and who signed them and stuff, he done a lot of hours with debbie flint if i remember.

Tefal i was only thinking about annette baker malpas, who i think appeared on IW, once with the actifry, but soon got replaced with there resident chefs, Paul Brodel and Joe Remblance.

There was a mythical range of strange tat, called Myth and Magic again debbie flint done a lot of those hours.

The cookery dou, were called Greg and Max, i know some of you said greg but couldnt remember his partner max.

Tony Blackburn, with his music cd's there used to be a music CD TSV every other week, ive even got the copy of the QVC Staff singing the locomotion, if anybody remembers that, much more professional than any of IW music.

I could go on but i wont, as could be hee all day

I think that hour was called Enchantica and didn't Debbie bring her kids along on one or two of them? Or was it just the trailers, as I didn't actually watch the hours..

Debbis Flint used to present Egyptian gold jewellery - Nefertiti pendants and the like.

Jude xx

yes, who could forget the kartouches (or how ever you spell it!)

Eco-tan that came in spray bottles

Temp-tations all purpose cook-ware. I loved that. The U.S. site has LOADS of it available, yet our shows have been consigned to room 101.

Latest posts

Back