Which l'Occitane soap is your favourite?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Yeee! It's that time of year again. Have booked summer holiday. Am so excited. Thoughts now turn to which soap to take. Love the milk soap. But on hols sometimes a lavender or lemon verbena soap is nice. Which l'occitane do you like, and why? I think the milk / shea butter has to be my favourite. I love the fragrance. It's just really....nice. It makes me think of Chiswick, of summer and being happy. I just love the scent. The liquid version doesn't evoke the same feeling.

I like the almond one with the prickly bits in.

I haven't tried that one. I like anything almondy so might give it a go. I would buy a set off QVC but I'd probably get honeysuckle or some other ghastly fragrance included. Am very selective!

I haven't tried that one. I like anything almondy so might give it a go. I would buy a set off QVC but I'd probably get honeysuckle or some other ghastly fragrance included. Am very selective!

I love using it around my ankles probably best to avoid any sensitive areas. I got it in a TSV and then another in the L'occ shop with it own little purpose made soap dish.

It sounds nice. When I go to Brighton I'll pop into the shop. They've probably got one here in London too but I don't know where. I think I saw one either in Victoria or Liverpool Street.

I'm sure there are shops in Regent Street, Covent Garden and both Westfields.

My fave L'Occitane soap is Fleur Cherie, not just because of the smell (my fave EDT) but it has a lovely texture too. Also like shea Milk and Shea Verbena. Not that keen on the Bonne Mere ones but will use them up. Want to try the Grasse ones next. :)

My fave L'Occitane soap is Fleur Cherie, not just because of the smell (my fave EDT) but it has a lovely texture too. Also like shea Milk and Shea Verbena. Not that keen on the Bonne Mere ones but will use them up. Want to try the Grasse ones next. :)

What exactly do the bonne mere ones smell like? "Good mother" doesn't conjure up any ideas to me at all!

They do various scents Julius. I am using the Linden blossom one at the mo, and have a lavender and a milk one in reserve. They are OK, last a long time but not as good as the Shea ones IMO.

They do various scents Julius. I am using the Linden blossom one at the mo, and have a lavender and a milk one in reserve. They are OK, last a long time but not as good as the Shea ones IMO.

They sound OK. Linden should be nice if it is what I am thinking of. I don't know the English word for it but in French it's "tilleul." The smell of tilleuls always reminds me of my university which had tilleul trees outside near the metro station.

Tilleil is lime tree or linden tree in English. We had them at my Belgian boarding school. I now live near a road called Lime avenue and always walk down there in May when the trees are flowering. At school huge may bugs used to drop out of the trees and scare me.

the grasse soaps are pure luxury. but the linden is my fav of the all the others. very unique scent. floral but i would say unisex...

Tilleil is lime tree or linden tree in English. We had them at my Belgian boarding school. I now live near a road called Lime avenue and always walk down there in May when the trees are flowering. At school huge may bugs used to drop out of the trees and scare me.

May bugs! Yes. I know those! They are like big cockroaches. They don't bite but they do give a painful pinch. Paprastis grambuloys in Lithuanian. Can't think what they call them in French. Tilleul / linden / lime tree is a nice scent though. I would definitely buy that one.

Latest posts

Back