Whitby gold jet

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why would QVC break a habit, it's not only jewellery that they are asking mega money for these days.

That a side, I recall one of the presenters commenting that a slim and lift model made Whitby jet jewellery.

Someone should have told the model to lay off the body glitter stuff, it looks ridiculous.

My sister used to have some beautiful pieces of Victorian mourning jewellery in jet, intricately designed and crafted. I wonder how many of the QVC pieces will still be worn in a hundred year's time?

Jude xx

I've a couple of pieces of Whitby jet set in silver. It has always been expensive because of the Victorians loving it but this is just QVC capitalising on the fad of the moment.

My sister used to have some beautiful pieces of Victorian mourning jewellery in jet, intricately designed and crafted. I wonder how many of the QVC pieces will still be worn in a hundred year's time?

Jude xx

Jet was used a lot in mourning jewellery, a collection of which I have, and it is for this reason that I was attracted to this line of jewellery. I had to 'catch up' online as I couldn't watch the show, being at work! To be able to afford the range.......I do prefer Clogau.

Even if I did have the money, there's no way I'd part with the best part of £100 for a pair of non descript matt black stud earrings that to the onlooker could be made from anything from the cheapest plastic to porcelain. There's nothing imvho that would make them stand out. For me, if I were to spend such money on earrings, I'd want them to look special. You could get diamond earrings for that price...Ok not very big ones...but at least they'll sparkle and shine!

Latest posts

Back