Why-are-we-waiting lists! (And PedicSolutions)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Totally Loopy Lou

Registered Shopper
Hi there. Please could I ask for your great qvc wisdom!

I am desperate to buy a gel-based memory foam mattress topper.
The one I really want is item number 801888 Pedic Solutions Cloud Memory Foam Topper - "Cloud memory foam topper from Pedic Solutions. This memory foam topper features a 2" layer of gel infused memory foam and a 2" layer of regular foam with a bubble knit skirted cover. Perfect for providing a little extra support during the night, sleeping on this foam topper is sure to leave you feeling refreshed and well-rested."
http://www.qvcuk.com/Pedic-Solutions-Cloud-Memory-Foam-Topper.product.801888.html?upsh=1

It shows as sold out when you search for it, but 3 months ago, it would allow you to go on wait list. I did this and it expired on Friday without it ever coming in to stock. The lady said I could order it again, starting a new 3 month wait list which I've now done... But I'm getting inpatient and really want the item or similar ;)

My question is, do wishlist items ever actually come in to stock?! Lady I spoke to said that she has no date for new stock and no current shows scheduled with any PedicSolution products... but that it's listed as a regular stock item.

I can't find Pedicsolutions items for sale anywhere else in UK (loads on qvc usa but they won't ship to UK). Has anyone here tried one of their gel toppers, and/or got anything similar which they could recommend at all?! The recent Magniflex TSV is not deep enough for me.

I'm getting a bit desperate as I have a chronic illness and intense pain and really think it will help my rest/sleep BUT I know regular memory foam will likely be far too hot for me (have major temperature-control problems - not a euphemism for hot flushes, I'm only 35!). And would actually like to buy this item from QVC because I think the 30 guarantee would be v useful on this occasion.

Thanks for reading and sorry this is so long! x

Well I will say QVC will have to wait for the manufacturers to make so many units before getting back in stock, they won't send in a few at a time.

I did once get an item on wait list, now it did take about 9 months as I got two letters asking if I wanted to continue. It was a white gold ring which I did get as I said.

Keep checking online every so often as its been known for wait list items to come back into stock and not automatic sent out.

Well I personally have never received a wait list item but have read on here and in reviews that people have so you never know. If you want something urgently though it is perhaps a bit risky. Sometimes they do say on shows it has taken us 9 months or whatever to get this back in stock.

In case of it may be of interest, I have a Northern Nights featherbed which I thought would be too hot for me as I also have temperature issues but it is lovely and has no adverse effect on that at all!

Hi TLL i am sure they had some of these in the Birchwood Outlet on Thursday you could always ring and ask them. They deffo had a few Memory Toppers in boxes and it looked like that one. I wanted to get one but OH said we did not need to replace the one we have.

Thanks for all the advice. Very excited about there maybe being one at this outlet store. No idea what or where that is (and I'm housebound anyway!) but am going to find out and phone them ASAP. Thanks again.

(And re temperature thing, I currently sleep on a feather duvet and don't find that too hot but I understand memory foam is sadly! X

Found the phone numbers on the Q website for you:

Find our Outlet Stores:

In Warrington at Birchwood Shopping Centre, 34 Benson Road, Birchwood, Warrington, WA3 7PQ. Tel: 01925 813725

In Shrewsbury at Lower Mall, Darwin Shopping Centre, Shrewsbury, SY1 1BP. Tel: 01743 366667

I really hope you find something to bring you a comfortable night, it's miserable being in pain ((( hugs ))) x

Hope you get sorted, chronic pain is hard to deal with and just wears you down..anything that can alleviate that is always worth a try.

Thanks for the kind comments - and useful ones too ;) Much appreciated. Chronic pain is indeed hideous, and not sleeping at ALL really doesn't help one cope with it (been awake 42 hours straight today - I kid you not!!)

I called up the Birchwood outlet and they didn't have any PedicSolutions toppers, and never have had the one I'd ideally like, but have had another Pedic one recently - so that was possibly what you spotted last week Miss Molly..

I have the man a couple of item numbers and he was very sweet/helpful (I was kind of expecting him to be abrupt, I don't know why!) and said to call regularly to see if they get any back in etc as new deliveries all the time. Not entirely sure how I would go about getting one from Warrington to the east of England but I shall find a way if I do happen upon one as I agree that if anything would help with my pain, I'll try it, esp as drugs not helping much atm.

Thanks again for your collective wisdom x

Hi Totally loupy Lou Ebay has a gel memory foam topper by a company called abri-pedic. Its a US seller that ships to the UK. Cost around £72 but shipping would be high I reckon.

Thanks Weathergirl - bless you for looking for me on ebay.
A little nervous about buying from America on ebay (have done in the past but only for low-cost and physically small items) but def worth a peek - which I will do tomorrow...
Find it strange that there seems to be whole range of gel memory foam products in America by many brands but we don't seem to have any in the UK? Maybe a gap in the market for someone entrepreneurial - Quick! Get call Kelly Hoppen/ Dragon's Den!!

You are welcome. Yes it's risky on ebay-all you can go on is the feedback and no MBG either.

I had the bethlem Lillie's in a pot eventually after the weight list expired once so after about 5 months. Also a Leighton Denny set.
I am not convinced a gel memory foam would be any cooler than a normal topper. I have a normal topper from qvc and sometimes get too hot but I have cozee home bedding and sleep in fleece pyjamas! I manage somehow in the summer too.
That said memory foam toppers are fantastic and I was able to sleep through an episode of acute back pain where I could not stand or sit and ended up on morphine.
Why not try a cheap memory foam topper from Argos? If it is no good, you may manage to return it or if you have a spare bed put it on there. Worth a try.

I've regularly bought from US via eBay. It's no hassle except for three things:
Check the seller ships to UK before you bid
Worth checking whether the seller can ship slower and more cheaply (Americans rarely have to deal with international post, and sometimes don't realise they can do a cheaper option)
If the item costs over £20 or so, then UK customs may charge import duty on it - they hold it until you cough up the extra. Payment is really easy. They send you a card saying how much you owe, you pay online and the delivery appears as normal.

Totally Loupy... take a look at 802 576 on air now. Not gel but "coolmax" memory foam. £99 (for double) plus just under £8 postage. On easy pay.

Thanks for that - will have a look at that later. Think it may be the Magniflex one that was a TSV? Didn't get very good reviews (think it's incredibly thin) but may be worth a go!

Latest posts

Back