why did Bid go bust... just look at this:

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone has suggested as Bid Shopping is in Administration and no liquidation then KPMG could look for a buyer and that is why the tv screens are still showing the breakdown feed.

If they find a fool errr I mean a buyer then the channels would still be there for them to broadcast on.

The chances of this happening?

Someone has suggested as Bid Shopping is in Administration and no liquidation then KPMG could look for a buyer and that is why the tv screens are still showing the breakdown feed.

If they find a fool errr I mean a buyer then the channels would still be there for them to broadcast on.

The chances of this happening?
Work it out for yourself - Some one still has the channels and is broadcasting something. Chances more like 60/40 there will be a re hash. If it works - then a cert it will crash sooner rather than later. If it was me, I wouldn't go anywhere near a shopping channel. Old hat - no future - use ebay/Amazon, that's the future.

Q: Any chance of the channels making a comeback?
A: Although companies can rise from the ashes after being placed into administration, the events leading up to the closure of bid and price drop mean that it's very unlikely that the channels will return.

Q: What happens with the Freeview slots?
A: Both slots are held on Arqiva-owned multiplexes. The bandwidth used to broadcast bid and price drop will be made available to other commercial channels. It's too early to say what will happen. As Freeview has much limited capacity compared to other digital TV platforms, the vacated bandwidth will be quite valuable.
As it's Easter no changes are expected for the next few days.

Q: What happens with their Sky channel numbers?
A: On Sky, broadcasters can trade channel numbers on Sky's Electronic Programme Guide. KPMG may try and sell the channel numbers to another channel in the shopping genre as it seeks to recover what it can from the business.
As it's Easter no changes are expected for the next few days.

Latest posts

Back