Why I will never buy from Ideal world...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
  • Their customer service telephone number isn't free
-- now its all well and dandy now we have internet assistance to order, BUT I dread to think the phone bill cost through customer services, if ordered item goes AWOL
  • over -selling, under-branding
-- I personally have a great level of patience and tolerance, but even I cannot watch 1 hour of only 1 product, that is pretty nondescript, item mostly having no track record or known in the world of brands
  • I dont need a Bissell, sat Nav, or a PC
-- need I elaborate? LOL
  • Only 14 day MBG
-- ok its 14, which I guess is 16 shorter, but it makes a hell of a difference. In the busy lives we all have it is so easy to exceed the 14 days.. then on the 16th, remember the item you should not have ordered in the first instance!
  • I just cannot trust them!
-- A little unfair maybe, but since viewing IW from day 1, I truly thought this company would have gone from strength to strength, but all it seemed to do was have an early 'peak' -- QVC clenched their buttocks at the time, but it was a flash in the pan. .. and ever since, gone IW has gone downhill Which begs the question 'why?'

A little history
I have only ever ordered 1 item from IW. A Goldstone power bracelet (that stone is now known as Gold Sandstone, courtesy of Lola Rose)
I had no probs with that order, and product was good.. even though it was delivered in a brown paper bag similar to the bags that hold grapes from a fruit stall seller!

QVC Is NOT faultless, by a long shot, but it has a lot of aspects that make ordering/testing/returning easier than IW

Last edited:
I've had no problems with Ideal World. Delivery is a bit slow. There is not much product choice. Every time I flip the channel on at the moment it's either a halogen oven or the window vac. I never watch a full hour. I still would buy from them if there was something on that I wanted. I also like the fact that they do lots of flexi pay and that whatever you add into that basket you get on flexi pay. They also cap p & p on some items.QVC TAKE NOTE!

I've had no problems with Ideal World. Delivery is a bit slow. There is not much product choice. Every time I flip the channel on at the moment it's either a halogen oven or the window vac. I never watch a full hour. I still would buy from them if there was something on that I wanted. I also like the fact that they do lots of flexi pay and that whatever you add into that basket you get on flexi pay. They also cap p & p on some items.QVC TAKE NOTE!

That sums it up for me as well, I only ever buy once in a blue moon but have not had any problems. I certainly wouldn't buy anything if I had no access to the web, I remember in the days before the extortionate call cost, it took several minutes to order by phone.

I don't trust them either. If I order something online, I like to receive it in a stated time scale.

QVC state 5-7 working days usually, fair enough

IW never really commit to any actual time. 'Delivered to your door' is fine and dandy.......but when is what I'd like to know

I'd like a window vac thingy but if I get one, it'll be off my first port of call (I'm cruising again :tongue:) for anything, Amazon

Latest posts

Back