Why is Ideal World so popular?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have to agree Jazzy.

There's an air of innocence about her in that clip. Little did she know in those halcyon days that the dizzy heights of her 'fame' would bring her to Ideal World. :tongue:

Maybe my memory is failing me but did Ellis really appear on You Bet?

Maybe she did but I remember her with Jeremy Beadle, Henry Kelly and others on Game for a Laugh - which was taken the mickey out of beautifully by the Not the Nine O'Clock News programme.

That was Sarah Kennedy

Ellis on You Bet, just about to be dropped into some gunge :clapping:

9fcc75bf.jpg

Ellis on You Bet, just about to be dropped into some gunge :clapping:

9fcc75bf.jpg

Wouldn't you just love to be the one that pulls the handle that drops the ledge that Ellis Ward is on into all of that gunge..........:nod:
I would pay to do that,it would make my day............:happy:

Wouldn't you just love to be the one that pulls the handle that drops the ledge that Ellis Ward is on into all of that gunge..........:nod:

Hee hee... So evil! However, yes - especially when she starts 'upspeaking'. It's almost like she has picked it up from someone, and thinks it is the cool thing to do. Has anyone else noticed this? It drives me :angry:!

IW is not a channel I patronise; customer service is an absolute nightmare. My mum has bought several items from create and craft and, whilst ordering, they have tried to sell her something else. I do know of Lottie Meyer from another shopping channel and would, therefore, agree with another poster regarding her admirable presenting capabilities.

I'd insist on filling the gunge with a dozen crocodiles though!

Hee hee... So evil! However, yes - especially when she starts 'upspeaking'. It's almost like she has picked it up from someone, and thinks it is the cool thing to do. Has anyone else noticed this? It drives me :angry:!

Sorry for coming across as being thick kat,but what is "upspeaking".....?
I even tried to google it but nothing came up.
Is it a descriptive word that describes a person who is totally false,irritating and patronising by any chance..............:wonder:

It's where her voice goes up at the end of a sentence: Australians do it a lot, and it's been slowly creeping in to everyday spoken English.

It makes every sentence sound like a question, which in turn can make the speaker sound insecure and unsure about what they're saying.

Is otherwise known as high rising terminal.

It's where her voice goes up at the end of a sentence: Australians do it a lot, and it's been slowly creeping in to everyday spoken English.

It makes every sentence sound like a question, which in turn can make the speaker sound insecure and unsure about what they're saying.

Is otherwise known as high rising terminal.

Thanks for that HC...........:wink:
I wish I hadn't asked now as that will be another thing that will wind me up.........:headbang:

One aims to please :smirk:

Unlike IW's Customer Service dept (waits for complaint from IW about how unfair their CS dept found THAT remark) :wink:

One aims to please :smirk:

Unlike IW's Customer Service dept (waits for complaint from IW about how unfair their CS dept found THAT remark) :wink:

Lol they're probably chained to their phones for 23 hours a day with just the Ideal World website as their only web access. I shouldn't worry. :call:

Rolling back the years when IW kicked off - QVC truly c"""pd themselves

Well now QVC are having the last laugh The OP raised all the faults....too long a product, too minimal products, high rate numbers.

I used to 'flick' over just to see what was going on.. but then got tired that 90% of the time it was either a computer or something to steam or clean.

I don't even look now

The channel so so damn predictable and sooooo boring

They don't step out of their 'safety zone' (products that they know, sell well) -- not everyone needs a new steamer/laptop/paint roller! MOVE ON!!!

I've noticed Ellis upspeaking too, it's another thing that annoys me about her :dull:

A few points here. I used to like IW about five years ago and found it to be a friendly place until the individual presenters started annoying me. Ellis is a cow and I can just imagine her being the school bully. Debbie thinks she is the most beautiful woman on telly - she isn't. Sean is so overtly camp. Loen is too good for the place and should be given a job on network telly. Howard I like. Lottie is very good. Deniece so so. The South African girl is nice too - is she pregnant? I haven't watched in ages.

I have never seen anyone wear a scarflace or carry a Vellutti bag. Has anyone else?

I too believe that Ideal World should just present Craft items and it should get itself a British call centre and try to equal the customer service of QVC.

Latest posts

Back