GG TSV 2.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 35
  • GG TSV 3.jpg
    GG TSV 3.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 31
  • GG TSV 4.jpg
    GG TSV 4.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 35
Love feeding the birds. Its getting harder to buy bird food these days. WILKO's dont seem to be selling any and was my fav place to buy from. Robert Dyas have also stopped. Prefer Sunflower Hearts to mixed seeds that the birds pick and choose what they like. Nothing more irritating watching them throw away seeds and the mess. But QVC are way over priced specially when you add the huge postage costs.

Unfortunately, we stopped feeding the birds because we got rats due to spills. Even when they say no mess, after a flock of starlings there is seed everywhere. Got rid of rats now, and cats help but am reluctant.
Used to get bird seed from The Range, garden centre and wilcos. Also Amazon.

Love feeding the birds. Its getting harder to buy bird food these days. WILKO's dont seem to be selling any and was my fav place to buy from. Robert Dyas have also stopped. Prefer Sunflower Hearts to mixed seeds that the birds pick and choose what they like. Nothing more irritating watching them throw away seeds and the mess. But QVC are way over priced specially when you add the huge postage costs.
I only use the sunflower hearts too, I usually get them on subscription from Amazon but top up from B&M Home stores or Tesco..

I do like the Grumpy Gardener food but you have to make sure they are In the right feeder that only small birds can get at🙂
We have 4 doves that come, couple of squirrels and then the little birdies. Love seeing our robin, he/she loves mealworms. We have feeders for the small ones and larger ones for the bigger ones. We have a couple of magpies come, but they are more interested in any cat biscuits the hedgehogs have left.

We have 4 doves that come, couple of squirrels and then the little birdies. Love seeing our robin, he/she loves mealworms. We have feeders for the small ones and larger ones for the bigger ones. We have a couple of magpies come, but they are more interested in any cat biscuits the hedgehogs have left.
It’s a shame we don’t have hedgehogs in our garden anymore we used to love watching them on the camera, we still put food out for the foxes though 🙂

We have 2 hedgie houses in the garden and both are occupied. We love our hogs. In the summer, if I'm a bit late with the food, they just sit there and wait for me. Still put food out now, as they sometimes wake up and want feeding.

We have a fox 🦊 wanders round the gardens about 1 in the morning. Can hear him, never seen him though.

We have 2 hedgie houses in the garden and both are occupied. We love our hogs. In the summer, if I'm a bit late with the food, they just sit there and wait for me. Still put food out now, as they sometimes wake up and want feeding.

We have a fox 🦊 wanders round the gardens about 1 in the morning. Can hear him, never seen him though.
Foxes and the food recycling bins are a recurrent nightmare. We wedge them between the huge wheelie bins and lock them. They still manage to get to the food waste.

Grumpy Gardener 12.55kg Gold Mix No Mess Wild Bird Food Fatballs
QVC Price £45.00
Todays Special Value Price £33.99
P&P £4.95

Treat your feathered friends to a feast they'll love with this box of Gold Mix Fatballs from Grumpy Gardener. Packed with peanuts and sunflower chips, these no-mess fatballs are the perfect option for nutritious and delicious year-round feeding, providing wild birds with the goodness they need to survive throughout the year. Ideal for using on bird tables, in a feeder or on the ground, these fatballs are sure to attract wild birds to your outdoor haven.
*A great saving: If you were to buy this Grumpy Gardener 12.55kg Gold Mix No Mess Wild Bird Food Fatballs from QVCUK.com after this offer ends, you'd pay £45 plus P&P. So, for our Today's Special Value price of just £33.99 plus P&P, you're saving £11.01.
Delivered directly from Grumpy Gardener - please allow 5 - 7 working days for delivery to UK mainland and Northern Ireland only.
Only the best - made from premium quality ingredients including sunflower chips, these fatballs will be loved by wild birds throughout the year, especially during winter when food is scarce. The softness and smaller chips of each fatball also makes it easier for smaller birds to eat and digest, simultaneously reducing perch time.
Stay stocked up - select our Subscribe & Save option to receive these Gold Mix Fatballs every 60 days for 5 more shipments, at the same great price.
  • Not suitable for human consumption
  • Contains nuts
  • Store in a cool, dry place, away from pests
  • Shelf life: minimum 9 months upon delivery
Contains:
  • 1 x box of Gold Mix Fatballs (12.55kg) - with approximately 150 fatballs
How to use:
  • Please make sure garden birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing
  • Clean feeding and drinking areas regularly with warm water and a mild detergent
  • Keep food in feeding stations fresh and dry, removing any wet or old food to prevent spread of bacteria and diseases
  • Wash your hands after handling this or any bird feed

Single

Auto-Delivery

I get big bags of bird seed from our local shop for a couple of pounds and suet balls at the cheap shop. We have a lot of birds in the garden but we do have to watch out for old Roland Rat and his mates. When we put those peanut butter things out they disappeared overnight - the holder as well - when we demolished the old shed all the empties were under there :oops: Where there's a rat there's a way!

CC

Unfortunately, we stopped feeding the birds because we got rats due to spills. Even when they say no mess, after a flock of starlings there is seed everywhere. Got rid of rats now, and cats help but am reluctant.
Used to get bird seed from The Range, garden centre and wilcos. Also Amazon.
I had that problem and got a couple of rat boxes, then I decided that they were actually encouraging them into the garden so I have taken all the bird food down. I took the rat boxes in and hadnt seen any for absolutely ages until today when I found a dead one on my patio :(

I use the humane mouse traps in the loft and then release them in the woods. Rats not so lucky. We poisoned them and next doors dog finished them off (we did warn next door about the poison so they watched out that the dog wouldn't eat the rats. One good shake and the rat was toast heh heh. Sorry if you love rats but I cannot bear them).

CC
1703288599138.png

Ahh I love my hogs too!

But my newish cat is a bit of a ninja so I’ve not put the hedgehog house back out since I got him.

Do you have any issues with cats getting in the houses at all?

My previous puss was a much bigger boy and couldn’t get in the house!

But he did like to eat the cat food intended for the HH’s - as did half of the local cat population!

How I would love to have hedgehogs in my garden. I think they are the most adorable little creatures.

I get big bags of bird seed from our local shop for a couple of pounds and suet balls at the cheap shop. We have a lot of birds in the garden but we do have to watch out for old Roland Rat and his mates. When we put those peanut butter things out they disappeared overnight - the holder as well - when we demolished the old shed all the empties were under there :oops: Where there's a rat there's a way!

CC
Did Roland disappear because he ate peanut butter?

Latest posts

Back