Wild Bird Care TSV 31/12/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I eat sunflower seeds every day, mixed in with my 3 other breakfast cereals. I get them from Holland and Barrett in 1Kg bags, but the ones for human consumption cost so much more then for birds.

Perhaps I should risk eating bird seed ones?

I eat sunflower seeds every day, mixed in with my 3 other breakfast cereals. I get them from Holland and Barrett in 1Kg bags, but the ones for human consumption cost so much more then for birds.

Perhaps I should risk eating bird seed ones?
I wouldn’t!
They always look so dusty

But it does make you wonder if they’re just the same product?!

The disparity between the quantity and price of sunflower hearts for birds and those for humans is shocking!

I eat them everyday too - usually mixed with other seeds.
They’re even better lightly toasted..

Ahh I love my hogs too!

But my newish cat is a bit of a ninja so I’ve not put the hedgehog house back out since I got him.

Do you have any issues with cats getting in the houses at all?

My previous puss was a much bigger boy and couldn’t get in the house!

But he did like to eat the cat food intended for the HH’s - as did half of the local cat population!
No problem with cats and the houses. They keep clear of the hedgehog houses and the hedgies. We do have a couple of stray cats that eat some of the food I put out. But we don't mind.

No problem with cats and the houses. They keep clear of the hedgehog houses and the hedgies. We do have a couple of stray cats that eat some of the food I put out. But we don't mind.
Oh well your cats are obviously far better behaved and less curious than mine is/have been!

Don’t mind local cats eating the food I put out except my late boy used to be on a special diet and he was risking his health so had to stop.

Speaking of sunflower seeds - above - HH love and I used to feed some SS hearts. And mealworms…
But then I read it can give them brittle bones if they have too much..

My favourite was when the mum used to come in our garden with her hoglets.

But years we’ve had mating in the garden - it’s loud and sounds violent!!

Latest posts

Back