Wonder what the lovely Mr Steve Ashton would think about all the changes at gemstv!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How lovely to hear from you Steve, so glad to hear that you and the family are all well, and Laura has made a complete recovery.

I'm afraid I rarely watch Gems these days, things started to change after your departure, and although I do like some of the presenters, the fun has just gone out of it. Even if I wasn't buying I would watch for the entertainment value alone - something that's just not there anymore (IMHO).

Anyway, good luck for the future and whatever you decide to do, it was great while it lasted, and was a real pleasure to meet you at Gems Towers.

:doggie:

Only just seen this thread and was really please to that Steve had taken the time to pop in and post. I too rarely watch Gems Tv these days,its not the same since you left Steve but who can blame you. You gave it your all and its like lemonade without the fizz now you are gone hun. You joked,sang,chatted away about your children and made us feel like we were your friends. Its a shame really that they have changed the format,I do understand the pressures of business and having to move with the times etc but like many of the others on here do not enjoy it anymore so tend to give it a miss.
Mind you I did have a few bargains during the first few years of it being on air but the one thing I really do not like is the look of suprise some of the presenters show when they open the boxes and the price goes down.Its so false,sorry it just annoys me and makes me feel that they are treating me like a fool.
Hope you and your family are all ok,and I am sure that we will see you starring in something soon as you have a real talent for whatever you turn your hand to.

xxxxxx angie

Hi Steve nice to hear from you and know that your family are doing fine. I must admit I dont watch so much these days partly to stop me buying!! and partly because Gems isn't quite the same anymore.(Really don't like the timed games but can understand why they're doing it in the present climate) Good luck in whatever you do and pop in from time to time to let us know how things are going. xx

What a nice post from a gentleman.

Steve, never mind your time in shopping telly is over, bugger that, you belong in shopping telly, but shopping telly with a difference, the snatchit of old, the presenting towels dressed only in them (oo errr), the presenting suitcases by shutting one of your co presenters in one.

Nobody is interested in the boring, same as, same as presenting that is prevalent on gems these days, we want entertainment while shopping, we want to laugh, to cry laughing, to not be able to see the phone numbers cos of the tears from laughing etc.

It'd be a crying shame if shoppingtelly lost you, and please DO come back here now and again, you're a funny bugger as well whether it be shopping telly or what.

Am so pleased the family are well now too and hope you find your pot of gold soon xxx

big snoochieboochies Steve. what a gent you are coming in to make a post like that.

Never say never! after all this rain, there's bound to be some rainbows....

take heart and don't give up.
Sammi xxx

:) I'm so glad i started this thread....you see Steve we all miss you loads!!!!

Please pop back in to have another chat to us real soon, or when ever you have
any free time.

Mirabelle xx (aka Superman card Mary) :D

Good to hear from you Steve, glad to see you and yours are well too! I hope you re-appear in some form in Shopping Telly land, its certainly where you belong. As for Gems, i'm sure you'll be remembered by many as our "Knight in shining armour" who rode in and helped out in times of need!

Don't forget to stop by and say Hi from time to time,it will be good to hear from you.

L x

Great to see your post Steve - I hope it's not the last - and you show a great deal of professionalism and loyalty to your old employer and fans too!

I happen to agree with you on designs and have found myself interested in some pieces now when that, the design, was what I found let Gems TV down in the past. I admired the CS but not the product - I don't care how fabulous the gem, if the design sucks I wasn't interested - and wished I like more Gems TV had to offer. Trouble is, now I find the CS sucks and that makes me less likely to be a repeat customer although my last three purchases have been exactly as they appeared on TV - not something I could have said in the past - but my one foray into CS left me with the knowledge they couldn't care less if they lost a customer or not!

I am delighted all is well with you and your family, long may it continue and I wish you well in whatever you decide to do in the future, preferably in the public eye as that is your forte IMVHO. :heart:

Who is this guy Steve Ashton? I probably did see him when I watched Gems (as I used to do :rolleyes:) but I certainly can't picture him in my head. Can someone please post a Jpeg or whatever?

Just realised that I haven't seen Ali presenting for a while and her picture/profile has disappeared from the presenter list on the Gems website. Anyone know where she's gone? That's another good presenter lost..........

Just realised that I haven't seen Ali presenting for a while and her picture/profile has disappeared from the presenter list on the Gems website. Anyone know where she's gone? That's another good presenter lost..........
Well I don't know about 'good presenter'......she seems a lovely person but her voice could cut glass!!

However,if she has left I wish her all the very best:1:

wasn't there a red haired girl though we used to watch in the day too

Emma? I like her. Her profile's not there either, and nor is Sam's, though I thought I saw her on the TV the other day.

Ali's photo was the one that came up at the side of the page when I went onto the presenters' page, but that's it. I didn't like her voice much either, but I thought she was really sweet.

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea I guess but she was certainly better than Caroline!! IMHO. I noticed this morning that Emma was missing but hadn't realised about Sam. If Sam has left too that was recently because she was presenting on Saturday. It seems all is not well at Gems Towers..........................

Latest posts

Back