www.Rocks.tv virgin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lol thanks hun!
Every other day she's whinging about me (thankfully NOT by name, to be fair) and I logged on the other day and responded to try to clear up the misunderstanding - and got another bollocking for my trouble!
Apparently I'm bang out of order! Can't be rsed with it any more though, especially as things are all meant to be sweetness and light since the big reconciliation, so I just lurk when she's around now.

I know who you mean Anne.

I was astounded by what I read the other day. They were unahppy because you outbid them on an item which you already had but it was going for a LOT less than you had originally paid and just kept whinging onandonandonandon about it.

I didn't want to say anything at the time as there was enough bad feeling about but I did think "well if you had wanted it badly enough you would've bid more!"

I'd do the same in your position but next time keep :27:! :4:

I know who you mean Anne.

I was astounded by what I read the other day. They were unahppy because you outbid them on an item which you already had but it was going for a LOT less than you had originally paid and just kept whinging onandonandonandon about it.

I didn't want to say anything at the time as there was enough bad feeling about but I did think "well if you had wanted it badly enough you would've bid more!"

I'd do the same in your position but next time keep :27:! :4:

Thank you so much Janey! I actually let her win it at a much lower price than I paid in the end - wish now I'd kept on bidding as I had planned to. I thought I was being nice to her, it certainly backfired! When I tried to explain to her the other day, she basically told me it was tough if you paid too much for something, you were stuck with it and that was what auctions were all about.
I'm so glad someone else has seen it as I was a bit concerned that maybe I was blowing it out of proportion. I'm more annoyed that I feel I can't really get involved while she's around, as I don't want it all to kick off again. Grrr!
I really appreciate your support hun.

I guessed that was why I hadn't seen PQ around for a while.

Coupled with saving your pennies for the new designs coming in a few weeks :4:

I'm on most evenings (I have no life lol) mostly lurking, occasionally chipping in with an incisive or witty comment & waiting for something to spend my dosh on!

Thank you so much Janey! I actually let her win it at a much lower price than I paid in the end - wish now I'd kept on bidding as I had planned to. I thought I was being nice to her, it certainly backfired! When I tried to explain to her the other day, she basically told me it was tough if you paid too much for something, you were stuck with it and that was what auctions were all about.
I'm so glad someone else has seen it as I was a bit concerned that maybe I was blowing it out of proportion. I'm more annoyed that I feel I can't really get involved while she's around, as I don't want it all to kick off again. Grrr!
I really appreciate your support hun.

I saw that too and thought how pathetic it was - I'm not a regular chatter on there, just watch the jewellery and only really started watching this week so missed most of the trouble. I didn't know any background but thought what you said was very reasonable and I would have done the same thing, and she was just being silly. My memory being what it is at the moment though I can't now remember who she is but think I know.

I can back you up on this one Anne as I also saw the conversation a short while after it took place. The other party certainly had a bee in their bonnet whilst it was so obvious what you had been endeavouring to do.......get something for a lower price than previously. She seemed to take it personally.....needlessly... and then proceeded to give you a lecture on auction bidding!

How many times have we all said it here? It's a bliddy auction!! We can bid (or not) as we choose. I'm sure I've sniped a few people or whatever, but it's the name of the game.

Anne, do your own thing in the knowledge that your pals here understand and would act the same way. :)

Thanks Rebecca & Sacha (and Calvin, lol, we were posting together so I missed you!), it's great to know that my name isn't mud with everyone! I didn't think I was being out of order at all (otherwise I wouldn't have said what I was doing d'oh!!!), and I just wanted to clear the air when I tried to talk to her about it. Managed to make things worse though, but I suspect that nothing I could say would change her mind. It is nasty to feel that someone dislikes you so much over something so petty - and something which should in my view be a fleeting irritation if anything, not a full-blown feud for all eternity!

Last edited:
Anne take no notice! Bid on what you want and when you want. I missed this but please don't let it stop you chatting in rocks. Who is this person is there a clue in your post?

I don't mind you changing the subject, what with me being so shy and retiring, my virginity's not easy to talk about :)

Anyway, I dipped my toes in the water and thanks to a text from Calvin telling me the Kama jewellery was on I almost went all the way! Then Hannah came in and started wittering on about her music teacher and she said she'd lost her book lost her book and he said she'd have to write her notes on lined paper and copy them up and she said could she have a new book and he said so early in the term and just about then I might have lost the will to live and the urge to splurge!

I was teased with the prospect of more Kama later in the evening, but it never materialised. I fear I may now be hooked. I am amazed at the price of the jewellery though. A ring not dissimilar to my engagement ring, although a bit smaller, sold for about £100ish, I can't remember exactly, but I know for all the difference in carat size it's unbelievable and my ring cost over 10 times that, and a diamond set eternity ring the same as the one I hve bought for my wedding ring sold for about £70. Once again it's a 1/4 carat and I think my wedding ring is 1/3 carat but it's not a big difference, and my wedding ring was just under £500 and that was with 1/3 off!!!

I don't buy much jewellery, but that's cos I have always waited for someone to buy it for me and that's why I have none lol, but that's about to change - roll on payday!!!!

I don't mind you changing the subject, what with me being so shy and retiring, my virginity's not easy to talk about :)

Anyway, I dipped my toes in the water and thanks to a text from Calvin telling me the Kama jewellery was on I almost went all the way! Then Hannah came in and started wittering on about her music teacher and she said she'd lost her book lost her book and he said she'd have to write her notes on lined paper and copy them up and she said could she have a new book and he said so early in the term and just about then I might have lost the will to live and the urge to splurge!

I was teased with the prospect of more Kama later in the evening, but it never materialised. I fear I may now be hooked. I am amazed at the price of the jewellery though. A ring not dissimilar to my engagement ring, although a bit smaller, sold for about £100ish, I can't remember exactly, but I know for all the difference in carat size it's unbelievable and my ring cost over 10 times that, and a diamond set eternity ring the same as the one I hve bought for my wedding ring sold for about £70. Once again it's a 1/4 carat and I think my wedding ring is 1/3 carat but it's not a big difference, and my wedding ring was just under £500 and that was with 1/3 off!!!

I don't buy much jewellery, but that's cos I have always waited for someone to buy it for me and that's why I have none lol, but that's about to change - roll on payday!!!!

Just bid and enjoy the silly prices. I'm sure they'll start to rocket the nearer we get to C*******s.

I realised a couple of years ago that the only way I'd get any sparkly stuff was to buy it myself.

I was teased with the prospect of more Kama later in the evening, but it never materialised.

Ahhhh... yes, sorry about that - it slipped my mind.

I have emailed my fellow presenter Carol and asked if she would mind putting the bracelet and necklace on again on Friday.

I don't want you to feel like you MUST watch or bid on it!

Really glad you like the programme, look forward to seeing your name again soon.

Barry

Glad you enjoyed it, tootsie:1:

And Barry,you naughty boy you,putting the kama bracelet in when I have just got the necklace....which I love....and knowing I then NEED the bracelet to match!!!!:54:

I'm sure it won't be long before you make yer first bid,tootsie......then.....well the slippery slope awaits!!:18:

:54: :54: come on in waters fine .... i have the karma charms too and they are pretty hope to see you in there ..

Ahhhh... yes, sorry about that - it slipped my mind.

I have emailed my fellow presenter Carol and asked if she would mind putting the bracelet and necklace on again on Friday.

I don't want you to feel like you MUST watch or bid on it!

Really glad you like the programme, look forward to seeing your name again soon.

Barry

Aw Barry, you're a honey, I will do my best to watch again this evening :) Don't worry though, I don't feel obliged to watch - I'm hoping it'll be my guilty pleasure and secret hehe, unfortunately the sound will definitely be off tonight unless I can think of a sneaky reason for earphones.

The kama stuff is for my daughter for Christmas, but I'm meeting with my supervisor to go over my thesis this afternoon before I hand it in, and dependent on his reaction I may well decide I deserve a treat!!

Yeah, it was fun, and more addictive than ebay - oh crikey, more addictive than ebay, now that is a recipe for disaster lol

Tootsie, it is easily the most addictive thing ever. More so than cigarettes IMHO! It really is a slippery slope, so remember, the Government advises that we enjoy Rocks responsibly!

Latest posts

Back