Yankee Candle TSV........ 17th May

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It costs £6.43 to post one large jar so i find the qvc postage on Yankee very reasonable.
Would love to see either some rare treasures or the pure radiance line as the tsv......

I'm not sure about the little hat on the jar. I have a couple of "lampshades" which I use on medium and large jars and they look lovely.

What does summer love smell like Spooky?

I'm not sure about the little hat on the jar. I have a couple of "lampshades" which I use on medium and large jars and they look lovely.

What does summer love smell like Spooky?

The actual YC description is "Berries, violets, vanilla and spice". But I would say it is just a lovely and fruity fragrance, almost sharp, I can't smell flowers in there and I hate any floral YC as their floral ranges give me migraines. But having said that I have it here in new votive form - not lit them yet, so whether floral comes through then I cannot say, but certainly in its unlit state it is just a lovely fruity smell, and somehow it has a sparkling almost fizzy note to it.

YC also describe it as "as sweet and innocent as a first kiss" - but to that I say "WHAT A LOAD OF OLE TOSH!!" HA HA HA !!

Re the illuma lid, I have persian cats here so cannot ever burn any jars without a lampshade on top as open flames are too dodgy cause of all the fluff and fur. But I only have shades, I've never used these jar toppers. However, I have seen them instore and they also do them in pink, yellow and green to match the candles, but the paint on the colours is a bit "patchy" - you know the "oh its hand painted" comment, so that seems an ideal excuse if its not all nice and neat. So for me, I am much happier with a white version cause that looks ok and hopefully won't be similarly patchy.

The only thing holding me back is the votive holders but only cause you must have open flames at the top, but I could easily keep these to give away as pressies.

Last edited:
I was tempted but now you remind me about the large jars and having to burn them for so long and I am forgetful. If they had 2 wicks then I probably would.
My friend almost burnt her house down when a candle in a holder melted the top of the tv (before the flat screen tvs). The tv caught fire just as she came into the room and she called 999. The house was so damaged that she had to live in a hotel for months whilst it was renovated.

I often set a kitchen timer to alert me to go and snuff the candle/votive/night light. That is why I am looking for an electric tart burner.

Had a fireman living next door for a while and he said that candles were dangerous.

Last edited:
funny the perception of danger isn't it? Fireman will say candles are dangerous as they see careless people causing fires with candles. However many more people get killed in car accidents every year. If you look at fire damage causes you will find fridges, tumble dryers,dishwashers, toasters and coffee makers amongst the "dangerous" category too
Go figure:thinking:

I suppose one of the differences between car accidents, fridge, dishwasher fires and candles are that damage by candles is under the control of an individual ie can be avoided by not burning candles

i love yankee but have not bought a tsv for years. i like the large jars but tend to buy tarts from clintons and e-bay as i can smell the new offerings and the prices are good and no p&p. dont like this tsv tooo many little bits and pieces

Be quick if you want to buy from Clintons as 350 of their stores are closing, some as early as week beginning 21st May!!!

I like the sound of fruit fusion but am not ordering the set of 3 large jars and dont know if I will get to a clintons before they close

Latest posts

Back