Yankee Candle What A Revalation !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Can't believe what I have just heard.
Michaela has clearly stated she doesn't like the Yankee jars in her living room and that she only has the jars upstairs just for the fragrance value.
Has she not shot herselfand Yankee in the foot ?
Ok to make the statement whilst selling the fancy tumblers but what when the jars are to be sold ?

Last edited:
Michaela has clearly stated she doesn't like the Yankee jars in her living room and that she only has the jars upstairs just for the fragrance value.
Ok to make the statement whilst selling the fancy tumblers but what when the jars are to be sold ?

then she'll tell us she prefers the tumblers! It's in the QVC presenter's contract methinks :dull:

Thats exactly what I thought....just turned it on.
You can't slag off your own product!!!! Has no one told her the basics of presenting. So basically you are saying your products look awful eh?

Well, there's a lot wrong with saying that. Firstly, it kind of implies that the jars are inferior (which they are not) I know plenty of people perfectly happy to have the usual Yankee jars in their 'public' rooms. They are attractive and, because you can put shades on them, are more suitable than tumblers for rooms where there is a lot of 'traffic' and movement that can create breezes. Secondly, why would you not want something lovely in your upstairs rooms? If jars are too ugly for downstairs, what makes them ok upstairs? I love my Yankee Candles but sometimes find that Michaela (presumably as she strives to promote a particular new product) can underplay others.

Personally I think Michaela is an idiot anyway. The way she gushes you would think yankee had the cure for all our wordly ills, just by being in the presense of the candle!

Can't believe she's said that about the jars as thats their main product!! silly girl

To enter the mix this morning AH has also added he too prefers the tumblers but then carefully added he does also have the jars as there's scents he can't get in the tumblers.
Michaela added that they make a lot more scents in the jars, as with the today's special value premium tumblers there isn't as wide a selection.
Wonder how on QVC Yankee wish to continue to sell the wide selection of jars in their range, when those presenting them don't like, or have many of them.

I thought I had misheard her saying that but clearly not. Methinks that YC will not be at all happy with her. What a daft thing to announce !

Personally I think Michaela is an idiot anyway. The way she gushes you would think yankee had the cure for all our wordly ills, just by being in the presense of the candle!

Can't believe she's said that about the jars as thats their main product!! silly girl

what is the poor women suppose to do? If she gushes about it she is an idiot, if she says she prefers the tumblers then she is dertrimental to the whole range?
I have no views about the woman at all, she is a sales person, but seriously feel she can not do anything right as people seem to be on her case

To me, she is patronising, irritating and comes across as superior. But if you like her, then great. We can't all like or respect the same people.

but his things were rubbish, I think a lot of people like Yankee candle:grin:

They may well do but according to Michaela whilst presenting the TSV in the 11am hour a lot of people have told her they don't like the jars.
Just a shame Yankee Candle went to the trouble of doing previous TSV'S of jar candles and offering auto del. sets, when Yankee Candle buyers don't like them. :wink:

Personally I prefer the jars. They are safer, perfectly acceptable and, to be honest, as lovely as those handpainted ones are - it does limit just where you can use each one!

I don't think this thread started as a dig against anyone....if you saw the original broadcast you would see that she effectively slagged off the look of half of the range she is meant to be endorsing......she made it sound as those she hid them upstairs as they were too ugly to have in room where visitors would see them. I have no opinion of her whatsoever, but only commented as it was such a strange thing to come out with!

I don't think this thread started as a dig against anyone....if you saw the original broadcast you would see that she effectively slagged off the look of half of the range she is meant to be endorsing......she made it sound as those she hid them upstairs as they were too ugly to have in room where visitors would see them. I have no opinion of her whatsoever, but only commented as it was such a strange thing to come out with!

Yes she said she had them upstairs to get the fragrance value from but not for decoration.
No dig at her but she also said she doesn't burn candles because of safety with her young son.
Which was my concern with pets and young children when she brought the TSV of the tealight fire screen.
When she mentioned burning her tealight screen, she failed to mention her young child.

Personally I prefer the jars. They are safer, perfectly acceptable and, to be honest, as lovely as those handpainted ones are - it does limit just where you can use each one!

The previous selling point of the jars was that the colours of the wax match with the scents or time of year ie christmas colours.
Team with shades/plates and room colours plus you can remove the label should you wish to.
Now these being white seem to be being sold as being much better to match with everything but with no mention of the colours painted on the glass. :confused:

Maybe they're white because they're a 'natural' product (ie soya), if they dyed them it wouldn't natural.
Soya candles are better for you and the environment.

re the uncoloured soya candles being better for you and for the environment... I suspect that's really why Michaela doesn't have the jars burning in her house - safety and her young child, yeah, well... that's what she's going to say isn't it... I suspect she really just doesn't want to be inhaling the smoke and artificial scent - also probably explains why she comes across as craftybell says: patronising, irritating and superior on the telly: she's having to suck it up in the studio and isn't a happy bunny.

re the uncoloured soya candles being better for you and for the environment... I suspect that's really why Michaela doesn't have the jars burning in her house - safety and her young child, yeah, well... that's what she's going to say isn't it... .

She used to rave about the jar candles at first. I don' mind Michaela, personality wise, but I do find her descriptions a bit 'off'. She used to annoy me when she described the Macintosh Apple as a 'spicy' apple, which it is not and neither are the actual apples! She also used to tell us they were a special American apple as if no-one had ever had them, but they used to sell them in Tesco! Understandably after 9/11 when everything was so disrupted they stopped coming but weirdly, even when everything went back to normal, they Macintoshes never reappeared! If anyone knows where they sell them, let me know - they're my favourite apples!
Anyway, back to the point ... now I notice Michaela is saying the Macintosh apple scent is a floral. I don't think it's that either and surely a scent can't be fruity and spicy AND floral?

I'm a huge fan of Yankee. And I like using soya candles but bought one of the Beanswax ones that Yankee did a couple of years ago and had all kinds of problems with them, tunnelling and smoking etc and I have asthma and found the smoke (natural or artificial or whatever!) really aggravating - not a problem I have with usual Yankees! The Hanna's candles they also seem to have stopped were much better as soya candles. The Milkhouse Creamery ones - soya and beeswax are lovely too!

Not a fan of Yankee myself. But soya is suppose to burn at a lower tempt and last longer.

Now on another thread someone(sorry forgot who), said Clean Cotton was being discontinued shortly. Yet Craig last night said it was the most popular selling candle worldwide. Sounds like Yankee could be shooting themselves in the foot by getting rid of it.

Latest posts

Back