Yankee Candles TSV 24/03/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I actually know of a case of a fire caused by a plug in. ( A well known brand which has been going for years and readily available at all supermarkets.)

Right, that's definitely the end of my interest in plug-ins! Thanks for the warning (and thanks everyone else who mentioned the danger).

My TSV arrived this evening , pleased with all 3.

Bakery air is a vanilla /cinnamon fragrance ( nothing like salted caramel or curry thankfully). Market blossom reminds me of Yankee's cherry blossom which I love and Catching Ray's is a fresh laundry Frangrance .

Oh how lucky!!! I am glad you like them and thanks for the descriptions. Mine has been despatched but not yet here, although one box of candles came from Wednesday! So perhaps he will be back tomorrow, vagaries of Easter permitting.

My TSV arrived this evening , pleased with all 3.

Bakery air is a vanilla /cinnamon fragrance ( nothing like salted caramel or curry thankfully). Market blossom reminds me of Yankee's cherry blossom which I love and Catching Ray's is a fresh laundry Frangrance .

Would love to know how bakery air is on burn.

Mine just arrived, love them! Very pleased that Bakery Air is at the cinnamon/pain au raisin end of the baked goods spectrum and not like Vanilla Cupcake which I find very sickly.

I love Tarte Tatin and Pain au Raisin too. Received my TSV about an hour ago and Bakery Air is my favourite. I even like (but don't love) Market Blossoms and I'm not a floral fan usually. Unfortunately for me, Catching Rays is another one that reminds me of washing powder, or more specifically, Bold liquid wash. It's not unpleasant by any means but there seem to be too many with this sort of 'fresh' smell and my house smells of laundry every time I do a wash anyway. Perhaps it will smell different when lit but I know someone who would love it so they may be receiving it.

Looking forward to the next drops now.

I got mine today along with the other trio that was at £3.95 postage. I only like 3 out of the 6. Oh well, they'll come in for gifts to people I don't particularly like lol.

Not fond on catching rays, line dried cotton and I can live with April showers but it isn't one I'd buy again.

I bought a new melt in town a couple of days ago, Riviera something or other. It smells like Beach Walk and is a light blue one, seems like a sort of recycling of fragrances going on, but with new names. I'm not complaining though, as used to love Beach Walk.

I bought a new melt in town a couple of days ago, Riviera something or other. It smells like Beach Walk and is a light blue one, seems like a sort of recycling of fragrances going on, but with new names. I'm not complaining though, as used to love Beach Walk.

I think that is quite standard. It's new collection for Europe I believe. Riviera escape... I quite fancy summer peach and the other two (sea salt and sage and Olive and thyme) but got a half price beach walk from outlet a month or so ago so might avoid that.

So many new scents smell like similar versions of older ones.

well my all-time favourite was Country Linen, so fingers crossed they'll bring it back under that name... or another fancy one! lol

I heard that some people were getting their auto deliveries cancelled, does anyone know anything about this? hope mine is safe!

I heard that some people were getting their auto deliveries cancelled, does anyone know anything about this? hope mine is safe!

My second drop from the Vineyard AD selection was due around 12/8 and is still showing as awaiting stock. It is Beautiful Day (note avatar!!!), White Gardenia and Tulip. I was going to leave it until the next series of shows and then call CS to see what was happening. I noticed on the last shows that a lot of the new items were being brought in on advanced orders from the get-go so perhaps these will trundle in at some point. Or perhaps they do not have enough of these "treasure" scents to go round. Luckily I have overbought recently so cancellation, whilst annoying, will not cause me to go into crisis mode, LOL.

:mysmilie_59:

UPDATE.

I rang Q and was told a letter had been sent out (12/8 but not received by me) advising it is delayed and will CANCEL IF NOT DELIVERED WITHIN 30 days. The rep suggested I call in a couple of weeks if I hear nothing but apparently they USUALLY get stock in by 2 weeks. I was told that even if delivery 2 fails, delivery 3 will still be active.

I reckon it is "trouble at mill".

UPDATE.

I rang Q and was told a letter had been sent out (12/8 but not received by me) advising it is delayed and will CANCEL IF NOT DELIVERED WITHIN 30 days. The rep suggested I call in a couple of weeks if I hear nothing but apparently they USUALLY get stock in by 2 weeks. I was told that even if delivery 2 fails, delivery 3 will still be active.

I reckon it is "trouble at mill".

Disappointing but, as you say and like me, you won't exactly be short of candles if the AD doesn't turn up, Mazza :wink:

Is it just the Vineyard Collection which has AD problems or the March TSV as well (AD3 due next month - Autumn Gathering, Candied Pecans, Caramel Apple Cake)?

Latest posts

Back