Yay, my Halo arrived today!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
And it really works, I love it already! It's beautiful & clever & makes me look younger & pretty (well, pretti-er....a bit....I hope! lol) & I just adore it!
Couldn't wait to try it so just shoved it on just over plain moisturiser & I could not believe the difference it made! Even my daughter noticed the difference! The colour is just right for me (light) & the brush is the softest, easiest to use brush ever!

My eldest tried a little of it & although she would need the fair I think (being a true pale-skinned, dark-haired 'English rose', she was most impressed!
Her little face fell a bit when I told her the powder & brush together were pushing 40 quid but once she's got the brush from the first buy, the powder would be a lot cheaper to buy on its own when it needed replacing!

Thanks to your Halo thread on here, I decided to try this & I'm already so glad I did! (I would've chucked the packaging but guess I better keep it just in case I develop an allergy to it after a period of use but I'm desperately hoping I won't!)

Fairynuff - yes, it does, it's lovely! I don't have 'dewy' skin by any stretch of the imagination but the Halo went a fair way to achieving a soft natural 'glow', I was amazed to be honest with you as I had steeled myself for a so-so result so as not to be too disappointed! lol

I'm ashamed to say I have spent rather a lot of time this afternoon admiring myself in the mirror! :11:
(Not that there's a great deal to admire but even so......!)
It even took the emphasis off my (much despised!) eyes, as it is such a pretty finished look, so worth it for that alone!

I may have to dig my Halo out of my 'discarded make-up drawer' Kitten and give it another go. I couldnt make it look nice on me, I just looked caked in powder but I am not an expert at application by any means.

Reading how happy you are with it though, I will try it again at the weekend, when I have a little more time!

Glad you are happy with your purchase and thanks for the thread, its good to have a nudge to revisit past purchases, I hope it works better for me this time round!

Bet

And it really works, I love it already! It's beautiful & clever & makes me look younger & pretty (well, pretti-er....a bit....I hope! lol) & I just adore it!

I'm a recent convert too (got mine from JBD though - cheaper there) and I agree - it's amazing stuff! I had practically given up trying to find something I'd like, was easy to apply, and made me look better. I thought it was all hype but it really isn't and it's so nice to find something which actually works. I'd never use anything else now - and I *do* use it every day, whereas before I went without because most products made my skin look worse.
Great eh? :)

I may have to dig my Halo out of my 'discarded make-up drawer' Kitten and give it another go. I couldnt make it look nice on me, I just looked caked in powder but I am not an expert at application by any means.Bet

I'm not much of a 'make-up applier' either Bet & I can't use a lot of stuff anyway because of irritation or allergies but I thought this might be worth a go as an 'all-rounder'!

I only use a very light moisturiser over no 7 beauty serum as I can't stand the claustrophic feel of heavy creams during the day, so although by no means perfect, my face is at least fairly velvety in texture to start with!
Ditto most foundations & primers, I just hate the feel of them on my skin & always have done!

I know I can't & won't achieve a perfect finished look (or can't be bothered to go to that much effort on a daily basis!) but to start with a blank canvas of not very good at all & get a 100% improvement (even if it's not as good as my daughter's skin with no make-up on at all! lol) is still a big difference!

Have you got the brush Bet? I found that a huge help for a ham-fisted person like me, though I soon discovered to keep it light around the eyes towards the ears or it could very well emphasise rather than hide outer eye lines when you smile!

I'm a recent convert too (got mine from JBD though - cheaper there)

Well now I have the brush & have used QVC to 'experiment' with it & see if I like it, I shall *ahem* probably be purchasing from, err, yes, JBD, when I need to replace the powder! ;)

Yes, have the brush Kitten. I think I just put it on and didnt really blend enough. I want perfection without having to work at it (that why my New Years gym membership has not yet been used!!!),

Also, my mirror is very magnifying and if I can see traces of makup, I feel clogged up. I should just look at the effect with naked eye, not 7x what anyone else can actually see.

Shall work at it on Saturday morning and see how I go. At least I will have time to remove it before facing the world if I still dont like it.

Bet

Although my skin is a bit 'dull' (stress, smoking, much of it self-inflicted!), it is neither oily nor dry so unless I put on too many 'layers' most stuff is not too bad going on, though pores are sadly not what they used to be & I shall sadly never be likely to achieve that 'just photoshopped' look! *sob*

Also, my mirror is very magnifying and if I can see traces of makup, I feel clogged up. I should just look at the effect with naked eye, not 7x what anyone else can actually see.

*whispers* For my part (unless one is doing one's eyebrows & has little choice!) I usually find it best not to look in the flipside of the mirror, though I do occasionally have some kind of masochistic urge to do so, whereupon I then normally immediately wish I hadn't! :15:

I'm not much of a 'make-up applier' either Bet & I can't use a lot of stuff anyway because of irritation or allergies but I thought this might be worth a go as an 'all-rounder'!

I only use a very light moisturiser over no 7 beauty serum as I can't stand the claustrophic feel of heavy creams during the day, so although by no means perfect, my face is at least fairly velvety in texture to start with!
Ditto most foundations & primers, I just hate the feel of them on my skin & always have done!

I know I can't & won't achieve a perfect finished look (or can't be bothered to go to that much effort on a daily basis!) but to start with a blank canvas of not very good at all & get a 100% improvement (even if it's not as good as my daughter's skin with no make-up on at all! lol) is still a big difference!

Have you got the brush Bet? I found that a huge help for a ham-fisted person like me, though I soon discovered to keep it light around the eyes towards the ears or it could very well emphasise rather than hide outer eye lines when you smile!

Snap! I use No7 serum and then halo - I do use a Liz Earle moisturiser. They don't have mineral oil and don't make your skin feel coated.

I think the brush you use makes a big difference with Halo. I used to use the mini kabuki that came with the Halo in the TSV and didn't especially like how it looked on my skin. Too shiny and glowy for me. But I recently dug it out again and used the massive 19 brush with comes with it as a regular item and it's far better. You get a more polished buffed finish.

One thing I have noticed is that when I wear halo i'm quite shiny come the afternoon. I use my LG Matte Maker over it and that sorts it but any suggestions for what to use under the Halo to avoid it in the first place? I currently use Smashbox primer light.

Tx

Just want to say a HUGE Thank you to all you ladies here - I've ordered Halo from JBD (what a great site, and so reasonably priced as well) and even with next day delivery, it still works out cheaper than QVC. I've been dithering over whether or not to try this and decided to give it a go after reading your comments on here.
Big Thank To Everyone :40:
RG

I know there was a fairly long thread on here recently about Halo and it does seem to be a love it or hate it product. I am just wondering if there is anyone out there who uses Philosophy Supernatural foundation and how this compares with that.

I really like the Supernatural, but thinks it is quite expensive and not always that easy to get hold of. I love the effect of it and the Natural colour is perfect for me but just might give Halo a try if the effect is similar. I'm not sure with the Halo whether to go for light or fair.

Any help much appreciated. XXXX

I'm not sure with the Halo whether to go for light or fair.

I am a mid brunette but quite pale with more of a naturally sallow (sounds horrid but can't think of a better way to describe it! lol) tint to my complexion & I went for the Light, which suits me perfectly!

My eldest is also brunette but is even paler with more of a soft pinky/ivory tinge to her complexion (a real English rose!) & although it wasn't necessarily too dark for her, the Light just looked wrong on her somehow & she would definitely need the Fair I think!

I think the brush you use makes a big difference with Halo. I used to use the mini kabuki that came with the Halo in the TSV and didn't especially like how it looked on my skin. Too shiny and glowy for me. But I recently dug it out again and used the massive 19 brush with comes with it as a regular item and it's far better. You get a more polished buffed finish.

One thing I have noticed is that when I wear halo i'm quite shiny come the afternoon. I use my LG Matte Maker over it and that sorts it but any suggestions for what to use under the Halo to avoid it in the first place? I currently use Smashbox primer light.

Tx

Thanks for that, I've been dithering about going for a bigger brush, wondering how much difference it would make.

I know there was a fairly long thread on here recently about Halo and it does seem to be a love it or hate it product. I am just wondering if there is anyone out there who uses Philosophy Supernatural foundation and how this compares with that.

I really like the Supernatural, but thinks it is quite expensive and not always that easy to get hold of. I love the effect of it and the Natural colour is perfect for me but just might give Halo a try if the effect is similar. I'm not sure with the Halo whether to go for light or fair.

I havn't tried the foundation, but I love the flawless poreless for a little bit of colour on my very pale skin.

You could try a couple of tester pots of halo from JBD to see what colour suits you best. I got the fair in the TSV last year, it should by all acounts be the right colour, but I wasn't 100% convinced so I got a tester pot of light from JBD to try out as well.

I really can't use the primer light that came in the TSV at the same time with it though as the 2 together turn my pores into craters. With the flawless or the normal primer its much better!

Last edited:

I have used both and personally think the Halo is lots better - but you will probably find others who don't.

I found that the supernatural was a bit too powdery and cakey and was quite a flat colour whereas the halo has a lovely sheen - but not so much that you look shiney.

Hope this helps. As above you could always order a couple of samples from JBD to try or else buy from QVC as you could send it back if you don't like it.

I've tried both and much prefer the Halo. The thing I disliked about the Supernatural was the sponge applicator which was fine for the cheeks but very difficult to use around the nose and I would end up using a brush as well which seemed to defeat the object. Also found the sponge clogged up really quickly and I was forever washing it.

I've tried both and much prefer the Halo. The thing I disliked about the Supernatural was the sponge applicator which was fine for the cheeks but very difficult to use around the nose and I would end up using a brush as well which seemed to defeat the object. Also found the sponge clogged up really quickly and I was forever washing it.

Thats all very true Fairynuff - I used to use an ultimate kabuki and eventually I left the sponge top off (which was a bit messy if you weren't careful when you opened the pot) and applied with the brush. I had forgotten that.

I loooooove my halo that i bought from our marvellous Jane
I use it with SB nr 19 brush, the chunky one. But I prefer applying it wiht the Ultimate Kabuki brush (also from JBD). I love this range of brushes so much. I feel like the powder is applied better and "deeper" iykwim. Hmmm, feel the urge to buy another Ultimate b rush

I use Halo and supernatural. Supernatural is more like a foundation and gives indeed more coverage, halo is -imo- more a finishing powder, but can be used over your primer/moisturizer. I use halo over my favourite The Present primer or Benefit TM rebel light.
Every morning I have to decide what I will apply Halo? Supernatural? Tinted Poreless flawless? Benefit? Mad minerals?
Decisions, decisions lol...

Latest posts

Back