YBF by Stacey TSV - 11/04/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, I succumbed as I always do. I worked out that I would use everything in the kit, except possibly the highlighter.

I do agree about the packaging of MP, and it was a shame, as it always looked so attractive. I, too had the not very nice experience of plunging my hand into my make-up bag and pulling it out covered in gunk.

Agree that Stacey seems a bit down-beat lately. Even so, I have to say that, pleasant though her personality is, a little goes a long way. I find her exhausting. And with Pipa screeching like a cockatoo, I had to turn the sound off last night.

Stacey looked pretty in the make-up last night, although she is a lot more subjued than a few years ago, maybe she is just becoming more grown-up?

The lippies looked nice, they would be the only items I'd be interested in, if anyone's thinking of selling them?

I have resisted the TSV, good value though and usable colours.

And what had Pipa done with her hair - I thought she looked like Tin Tin and my hubby said she reminded him of the scene from Something about Mary with the 'hair gel' LOL

Amica looks like a drag queen, not a very good advert for the TSV IMO, Stacey keeps saying that the colours are soft so why hasn't anyone done a 'daytime' look?? They all look like they're off for a night on the tiles.

And what had Pipa done with her hair - I thought she looked like Tin Tin and my hubby said she reminded him of the scene from Something about Mary with the 'hair gel' LOL

I thought exactly the same as your hubby rosey! :11:
It was hard not to keep staring at it whenever they showed her in profile especially! Presumably it was meant to look like that.....? lol

Well surprised myself and succumbed to this! As a long standing user of the MP Eyebrow Pencil I am keen to try and YBF version because my stockpile is dwindling. Think I should enjoy some of the other items so good value anyway.

Well, I succumbed as I always do. I worked out that I would use everything in the kit, except possibly the highlighter.

Hi Satis, when you get it home, if you decide you definitely won't use the highlighter, PM and let me know. It was the one thing in the kit I really did like so maybe I can take it off your hands.

I won't buy because I've never tried YBF and I have no need to really, given all the Smashbox, BE, Benefit I have!! The other reason I haven't bought is that it looks very caked make up - the sort of heaviness I'd associate with those actors on Sunset Beach - thick and applied with shovels! This is merely an assumption though.

I like Stacey and 'prefer' (get it? Yawn!) her more toned down - I'm a fan of the more genuine, girly girl rather than a hysterical blonde sugar lollipop!

I am curious about the yellow powder - in fact it was recommended in one my mags - either 'Look' or 'OK' - which I was most surprised about! I do suffer with redness and at the moment am using Benefit's Lemon-aid, which is OK, but I can't help wonder if there is something better out there!?! This is my usual reason for buying!

Stacey looked very pretty in pink at the TSV launch, I was quite envious. As for Anica - you could see her eyebrows for miles!!

Last edited:
I have to say I was surprised it did not sell out. AY said it would be the cheapest beauty TSV this year, and it was cheap so I really thought that would make alot of people buy. Sort of makes you wonder about the quality, I know MP packaging was rubbish so perhaps YBF still is. Or was it the colours in the TSV?

Funny the duo eyebrow pencils sold out, I believe 17,000 of them, yet there was one in the TSV too and it was only £23+. I caught the 11pm show and C Huntley was going on about the price going up at midnight, not limited or hurry to buy before it sells out. She did say they had sold 19,000 of the TSV, so I wonder how many they actually had?

As for the yellow powder loads of brands sell yellow powder, Bobbi Brown has done so since she started in the early 90's. I did try MP yellow powder when the brand first came to QVC and the quality was not that good. The BB was far better also she did different tones of yellow for different skins, light, med and deep. But the first and best yellow powder, the one Stacey admitted she tried to copy as it was used on models by makeup artisits is T.LeClerc Banane it has no talc in it but rice powder which gives the most beautiful natural glow to the skin.

Surprised it didn't sell out too. The MP ones used to often do so. And it was a cheap TSV too.

If you look at the reviews of the YBF products on the website, many of them aren't particularly positive.

Must admit I too bought a duo of the eyebrow pencil before it sold out, as I know I like it. Even though there was one in the TSV the reviews of the other products on the net put me off. A couple of reviews mentioned breakouts and allergies (including "burning") lips, so I wasn't tempted really!

Latest posts

Back