Yet another new layout on website!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatsgoinon?

Registered Shopper
Just clicked on a couple of products on Q to find that they have fiddled with the website yet again!!

When you view an item you the first thing that appears is a ****** great big video with a little tick box for you to select whether or not you want the video(s) to start automatically. Scroll down the page and you find the description and then the reviews/questions extremely confusing. Why oh why can't they leave things be, it's bad enough waiting for the website to lead up these days.

Is it just me, but I'm getting more and more disillusioned with Q and am loosing interest very fast...sorry but I can get more stash for my cash elsewhere with faster delivery and free returns if needed.

The 'problem' in my humble opinion for what it is worth (yes zilch I know) is that it confuses people, now I would consider myself fairly 'tech savvy' (well at least as 'tech savvy' as Lee Holbien (though that may be dumbing me down a bit :)), but in the main the whole ethos is aimed at people who are similar to the everyday people (or the majority of certainly the female presenters who 'claim' they are not 'tech savvy' then the 'refreshes' of the website will not only confuse but more importantly frustrate people and lets face it there is enough in life to frustrate people, considering that the presenters are forever going on the website with regards to shopping on QVC.com and new shoppers can shop on there, then surely it should be made as clean and easily laid out as possible. I know the refreshes are designed to 'reinvigorate' the website to make it look 'fresh and new' but no I think it just adds to frustration. I mean the 'river' website is the same style it is has always been, I mean the advertising is 'targetted' to each user, but the placement of how to access things is always the same. No whilst I can understand Q's perspective, I do think that they are going a 'tad' overboard!

First rant of the day over, but given the fact that I am 'here all day folks', I somehow don't think it will be the last one :)!

Change for the sake of change (and jobs for the web design boys!) I suspect it's supposed to mirror the same look as the QVC app - and we all know how fantastic that is (not!)
Even the star rating system has been changed so that you now only see the number of reviews and not the product's average score out of 5.

I find the website one of the worst and most frustrating that I use.

Loads of broken links, for example, I just cannot access the current "Recent Items" without typing it into the search box. None of the various links work. And not only that, you have to type both words in full. If you just type recent, it says nothing found!

And also, when you want to sign in, you have to type in your full email address (mine is quite long) EVERY TIME, as well as the password. Even my bank has a tick-box to remember your user ID, so you only have to type the password.

Not to mention videos that won't play, and in many cases, aren't even available.

I haven't ordered on line for years now. When they revamped the site it wouldn't accept the my password or membership no. so it gave me new ones. This resulted in me having TWO accounts (which I didn't realise for months), and lots of confusion when ordering. I had my old info for years beforehand, so reverted back to that and order (rarely) on Q cut now.

It seems more and more that the whole premise of Q is not the product anymore, but the ordering process, so I switch off mentally when they start the spiel of 'various ways to order'; that, and the lack of sizing / colours / choices only when they remember when the product is limited stock is another bugbear. Q is becoming less professional by the week, and is more a vehicle for the Presenters to be on a permanent 'jollie' with the benefit of either free or heavily discounted products to 'try' at home.

I find the website one of the worst and most frustrating that I use.

Loads of broken links, for example, I just cannot access the current "Recent Items" without typing it into the search box. None of the various links work. And not only that, you have to type both words in full. If you just type recent, it says nothing found!

And also, when you want to sign in, you have to type in your full email address (mine is quite long) EVERY TIME, as well as the password. Even my bank has a tick-box to remember your user ID, so you only have to type the password.

Not to mention videos that won't play, and in many cases, aren't even available.

You need to alter your settings so you don't have to type in your whole email address.

I've given up on the TV schedule too - it is terrible. The old system was fine and worked. Don't like the new set up at the moment - how come changes are never for the better?

And as well as everyone's comments above, you CAN'T untick the box to stop videos playing automatically.

I hate autoplay videos, they slow down your PC and eat up your data allowance.

Strato, scroll down the page( quite a long way down) and you will still see the 2 reviews, and yours is still there.
Click on the little box underneath the video so that it shows a red tick in it and it stops the video playing automatically when you go to the page you want to view. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
It didn't matter how many times I clicked on the tick, it just stayed there.

Perhaps their website is so slow that it takes a while to take effect.

Off to look for the reviews now.

I went to the web site to look at the TSV details but got the same .Never seen it before and as I'm not interested in buying didnt bother to continue.They need to make their mind up what format they are going with.

They're bringing the UK website into line with the US site with same fonts, layout etc.

What a complete pain in the fundament this all sounds. Fortunately, so far, nothing has changed for me so they must be rolling it out gradually as I think they did with the new TV Guide. I know it's only a matter of time though. Is anyone else using a Mac as I am and finding no change yet?

What's with website ? Once it gives me new format and next the old .so confused .The old format tells me the wait list of a particular item but new does not give that info .

Is anyone else getting items in a list (rather than side by side) and 2 of everything straight after each other?

To be sure, to be sure in the words of Mrs Doyle.

Edit. Back to usual now! The 10 year old must be away for his tea.

Is anyone else getting items in a list (rather than side by side) and 2 of everything straight after each other?

To be sure, to be sure in the words of Mrs Doyle.

Edit. Back to usual now! The 10 year old must be away for his tea.

I've had that happen when I've looked at recent on air items but then it will return to normal next time I look. I thought it was just me so nice to know that it's not QVC trying to confuse me!

Latest posts

Back