You're watching Mark Heyes.......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
.......from GMTV on QVC.

I don't watch GMTV but I do know Mark Heyes and his work, and I much prefer him, his opinions and his fashion advice to Glenn Campbell. The latter seems to really plug the QVC fashion ranges, even those which are for dowdy middle aged women, he will say they are suitable for all ages from teenagers to older ladies.

Mark does seem to have settled into the QVC studio extremely comfortably, too. I think they would be daft not to have him back on.

Has Glenn also been to design college? I didn't think so, which is probably why what Mark says is more diverse and appealing. He is not afraid to voice his true opinions, and that is what we ladies, followers of fashion or not, want.

His book is cheaper on amazon and there is no p+p. It isn't signed, however, but I don't think the fact that QVC's copy is makes the book any more valuable. With celebrity guests' products they have aired in the past (Beverley Knight is one example), they have not charged p+p. Obviously they feel that, because they are 'offering such a good price', they need to recoup some of that loss by charging for delivery.

The one down side with this show: why, oh why did they have to schedule Catherine Huntley to front it? Is there any job this woman hasn't done?

We are all not worthy!

I really liked Mark as well, a guy who actually knows what he is talking about and always liked his GMTV slots before I give up on GMTV.

Bring on Mark as the 'resident fashion expert' and scrap Glenn! Come on QVC we need a Gok Wan style fashion guru to get us laughing! :devil:

Agreed. He was really good to watch and had some fun as well as giving some sensible advice and comments. He's also properly qualified. A pleasure to watch. QVC take note. He didn't mention having 'a little pump on your trouser' once. Neither did he 'dressupdressdownwithapairofbirkis' or 'go out to play in this fashion story'.

Pls tb having moar of Mark pls.

I really liked Mark as well, a guy who actually knows what he is talking about and always liked his GMTV slots before I give up on GMTV.

Bring on Mark as the 'resident fashion expert' and scrap Glenn! Come on QVC we need a Gok Wan style fashion guru to get us laughing! :devil:

If an offer was made and accepted it might be dependant on masses of accessories to hide all the 'fashion' :devil:

I'm sorry, am I missing something here?

While I agree that Mark Hayes was better than Glen, my poinit is that its Womens fashion, call me old fashioned but Glen, Mark, Gok..all men. Gay or straight what would they know about womens clothes? How could they understand what its like not to be able to wear your usual pair of jeans for one week of the month, or how thin straps can be annoying if you need to wear a bra and so on..

I just cant understand men telling me what to wear. Just because they have a big/quirky personality does not make them a fashion expert.

Can QVC not find a female fashion expert, or do they have something against them.

Phew!

glen sorry but..

:sleepy::sleepy::yawn:
I'm sorry, am I missing something here?

While I agree that Mark Hayes was better than Glen, my poinit is that its Womens fashion, call me old fashioned but Glen, Mark, Gok..all men. Gay or straight what would they know about womens clothes? How could they understand what its like not to be able to wear your usual pair of jeans for one week of the month, or how thin straps can be annoying if you need to wear a bra and so on..

I just cant understand men telling me what to wear. Just because they have a big/quirky personality does not make them a fashion expert.

Can QVC not find a female fashion expert, or do they have something against them.

Phew!

its like hairdressing some of the most well known popular are men. i lkie a good male hairdresser as he will style my hair the way he wants a woman to look. not saying women cant but..

glen is a sweetie but he has a couple of things going against him in the fashion world:

firstly working with qvc fashion. a real thumbs down. the clothes are for the older lady who may not want to go out and would rely on mail order etc. the cuts fabrics that qvc use the over beading/excessive embellishments/animal printing and elasticated wasitbands et all need i go on.

secondly he has not got a clue about clothes to dress himself. if you dont know what suits you at his age then you are in real trouble. the dated old stuff that he drags from the bottom of his wardrobe should be binned and never see the light of day again.

also glen like a few other presenters has limited vocabulary which makes him tiring to listen to.
:yawn:
apart from that i like glen but not as a fashionista.

Mark Heyes was just on GMTV doing "geek chic" and do my eyes deceive me, was that a little city short on one of the models? :doh:

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back