Zero Coke Advert - really irresponsible

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mediastar

Registered Shopper
Saw this this morning, started with a guy in a cinema foyer working at the "soda fountain", he put the cup with the Zero Coke logo inside the Regular Coke logo cup and dispensed Zero Coke to everyone. Then when everyone was in their cinema seats, he popped up on the cinema screen to announce that they were enjoying Zero Coke. Well, I know it may be frivolous, but there are people and children who are unable to tolerate aspartame, I NEVER have drinks from the draught cola dispenser for just that reason, and some children could suffer serious health issues if they suffer from certain metabolic disorders. I felt it was fraudulent to deceive people like that. For a giant "reputable" company to promote that level of deception beggars belief.

I realise that the people in the cinema "audience" are all paid extras, but, and maybe I am overreacting, but people who are sceptical of allergies and intolerances may feel if Coca Cola can do this wholesale, they have carte blanche to do this with all food and drink regardless of the risk. Yes, I realise I should have better things to do than moan about a telly ad, but aspartame gives me excrutiating headaches! I have complained to both Coca Cola and the ASA! We'll see what happens.

Aspartame should be banned in my humble opinion, or at least withdrawn temporarily pending further research. It was deemed safe by the FDA which is meaningless given its history of licensing drugs that proved to be at the very least unsafe.

It just seems a weird concept to promote any product that way.

You can't really imagine McDonalds popping up to tell everyone they're actually tucking into flame-grilled horse meat, can you?

I think it is a ridiculous concept for an ad. The effort I went to to find the ASA and Coca Cola contact screens too!

I would go to any lengths to avoid aspartame, it's poison. The attached picture (allegedly) shows ants avoiding a lolly sweetened with aspartame.

Attachments

• 306882_10151081156752624_416169459_n.jpg
    306882_10151081156752624_416169459_n.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Back