Zoe Phillips' Prostrong Nails

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Olivia

Registered Shopper
I'm looking really hard but they really look like they've been wrapped, anad I can usually spot wraps at ten paces ! I know other presenters have had wraps on before and claimed they were their own nails as they had grown up underneath. I'm not knocking them, many years ago, even before she was on QVC I used to get mine wrapped at Carolyn Sears' salon SuperNail but I can't quite make my mind up about Zoe's.

hope not. Must admit I only have it on in the background so havent been paying attention. Actually Prostrong is something I havent tried - any stories folks?

I'm looking really hard but they really look like they've been wrapped, anad I can usually spot wraps at ten paces ! I know other presenters have had wraps on before and claimed they were their own nails as they had grown up underneath. I'm not knocking them, many years ago, even before she was on QVC I used to get mine wrapped at Carolyn Sears' salon SuperNail but I can't quite make my mind up about Zoe's.

I'm not an expert (honest!), but when they had the two models showing off different colours of polish, one of them (Sally) had what looked like really bad ridged and scratched nails.

Not sure that was such a great advert for the ProStrong system. :wink:

Zoe hasn't got wraps, just a manicure. Sally's nails are attrocious and need to be shaped properly! Don't know why they have been using her for modelling nails recently as there are plenty of models with nicer nails!

I always think model Emma has nice nails..not talons, but nicely shaped and well cared-for..would love a set like that, but nothing I've tried so far does any good on my nails, I must have the worst nails in the world:mysmilie_478:

I always think model Emma has nice nails..not talons, but nicely shaped and well cared-for..would love a set like that, but nothing I've tried so far does any good on my nails, I must have the worst nails in the world:mysmilie_478:

The best thing I have found is cuticle oil and a hand and nail cream. That's all I use. I used to use OPI, Nails Inc and I've also tried Leighton Denny products. Right now I'm using the L'occitane shea butter small tin and Arran Aromatics Just Graperfruit hand soother and that helps.

I know QVC always say you need this and that but all the nails need is moisture. I keep my nails short (little bit of a free edge), I use the Nails Inc file that I've had since 2004. Hope this helps.

You could add extras such as cuticle exfoliant (I don't push my cuticles back but I massage them when I apply hand cream or oil or shea butter into them). In my nailcare box I have cuticle nippers which I use on hangnails I don't recommend cutting cuticles, glass nail file from nails inc, nail buffer and hoof stick (hardly use either) and cuticle exfoliant from OPI. If I do a mini manicure on myself I will fill a bowl with warm water, add some bubble bath or bath salt and use a facial exfoliator to exfoliate my hands and then apply the treatments.

Last edited:

OPI's Nail Envy is very good, my nails used to split, don't have that trouble any more.

The best thing I have found is cuticle oil and a hand and nail cream. That's all I use. I used to use OPI, Nails Inc and I've also tried Leighton Denny products. Right now I'm using the L'occitane shea butter small tin and Arran Aromatics Just Graperfruit hand soother and that helps.

I know QVC always say you need this and that but all the nails need is moisture. I keep my nails short (little bit of a free edge), I use the Nails Inc file that I've had since 2004. Hope this helps.

You could add extras such as cuticle exfoliant (I don't push my cuticles back but I massage them when I apply hand cream or oil or shea butter into them). In my nailcare box I have cuticle nippers which I use on hangnails I don't recommend cutting cuticles, glass nail file from nails inc, nail buffer and hoof stick (hardly use either) and cuticle exfoliant from OPI. If I do a mini manicure on myself I will fill a bowl with warm water, add some bubble bath or bath salt and use a facial exfoliator to exfoliate my hands and then apply the treatments.

Thank you Tyson. I do try to look after my nails & cuticles but to be honest they seem to do better when I ignore them! They get to a certain length, then either snap or tear..I came home from shopping on Monday with an index fingernail ripped almost all the way across - pained me it did as that was the best one on that hand! I've been using Milagro as recommended by Clemenzina on here a few months ago, plus I ordered the Perfect Moisture from QVC and use that at night, and during the day I've got a few different things I pop on..Vit E oil, Nu-Nale, Barielle etc etc and I use lashings of hand cream...none of it so far has made a great deal of difference..they get to about 1/8" of free edge and that's it, I lose them. I use a Trind glass file, nothing else for about a month, but still the nails break down at the side where they're still attached to my skin - ouch! I'm sure I'd be a wonderful study case for someone! But thanks for all your tips, I will take them on board!

OPI's Nail Envy is very good, my nails used to split, don't have that trouble any more.

Thanks to you too Suki - I've tried Nail Envy - anything I paint on seems to make my nails split & peel...without, they grow in one layer, but snap or tear, see post to Tyson! Thank you tho...

Thank you Tyson. I do try to look after my nails & cuticles but to be honest they seem to do better when I ignore them! They get to a certain length, then either snap or tear..I came home from shopping on Monday with an index fingernail ripped almost all the way across - pained me it did as that was the best one on that hand! I've been using Milagro as recommended by Clemenzina on here a few months ago, plus I ordered the Perfect Moisture from QVC and use that at night, and during the day I've got a few different things I pop on..Vit E oil, Nu-Nale, Barielle etc etc and I use lashings of hand cream...none of it so far has made a great deal of difference..they get to about 1/8" of free edge and that's it, I lose them. I use a Trind glass file, nothing else for about a month, but still the nails break down at the side where they're still attached to my skin - ouch! I'm sure I'd be a wonderful study case for someone! But thanks for all your tips, I will take them on board!

Hi BusyMum,
When the nail breaks down the side how far down the nailbed does it go, does it happen to all the nails? Medication and lifestyle has a lot do with nails. My Mum uses a keyboard at work and her nails become weak with typing. My Dad has a problem with one of his nails due to nail trauma in the past and his nail splits all down the side into the nail bed and has to be cut a certain way to prevent more damage.
Nail wraps can help with weak nails without causing the damage of acrylic. Gel overlays can also help.

Without anything on your nails are they soft and bendy, strong and hard or do they feel weak?

Hi BusyMum,
When the nail breaks down the side how far down the nailbed does it go, does it happen to all the nails? Medication and lifestyle has a lot do with nails. My Mum uses a keyboard at work and her nails become weak with typing. My Dad has a problem with one of his nails due to nail trauma in the past and his nail splits all down the side into the nail bed and has to be cut a certain way to prevent more damage.
Nail wraps can help with weak nails without causing the damage of acrylic. Gel overlays can also help.

Without anything on your nails are they soft and bendy, strong and hard or do they feel weak?

it's the thumbs mainly where they break at the sides, and the right thumb also has a split that goes lengthways..I've been a typist most of my adult life so more than likely that's got something to do with it - tho I had a friend whose nails were real talons ..I don't know how she managed to type at all but she did, and they didn't break either! I don't remember injuring any of my finger ends, but I'm into my 60s now and I don't think they're going to get any better at this stage of my life..tho I keep trying! I can bend them, if they get long enough, but they all seem to be different..as I said, some snap, some tear, so I think they all want different treatments - in the past I did try the Nail Eat & Nail Drink, but again no improvement to speak of. I'm a lost cause I think! Bless you me duck for trying to help!:wink:

it's the thumbs mainly where they break at the sides, and the right thumb also has a split that goes lengthways..I've been a typist most of my adult life so more than likely that's got something to do with it - tho I had a friend whose nails were real talons ..I don't know how she managed to type at all but she did, and they didn't break either! I don't remember injuring any of my finger ends, but I'm into my 60s now and I don't think they're going to get any better at this stage of my life..tho I keep trying! I can bend them, if they get long enough, but they all seem to be different..as I said, some snap, some tear, so I think they all want different treatments - in the past I did try the Nail Eat & Nail Drink, but again no improvement to speak of. I'm a lost cause I think! Bless you me duck for trying to help!:wink:

I remember when my nails were weak, peeling and just felt terrible I tried the Nails Inc A&E and noticed a difference. A few months ago when QVC had an OPI try me it left my nails splitting and peeling that I decided not to wear anything on my nails again and to go back to basics (the ritual I posted). I'm sorry nothings helped so far, you could try an overnight pack where you wear a pair of cotton gloves (Liz Earle, The Body Shop and Boots sell them), put the oil you have on the nails and then put handcream on pop on the gloves and go to bed.

Last edited:
I remember when my nails were weak, peeling and just felt terrible I tried the Nails Inc A&E and noticed a difference. A few months ago when QVC had an OPI try me it left my nails splitting and peeling that I decided not to wear anything on my nails again and to go back to basics (the ritual I posted). I'm sorry nothings helped so far, you could try an overnight pack where you wear a pair of cotton gloves (Liz Earle, The Body Shop and Boots sell them), put the oil you have on the nails and then put handcream on pop on the gloves and go to bed.

er...how to tell you this, but I do already oil the nails, slather on the handcream, and then put on my little white gloves when I'm in bed...first time I did this and sat reading, as is my wont, when my OH came up to bed he asked if I was off to ref a snooker game, ****** cheek! I should be resigned to the fact that NOTHING is going to help by now shouldn't I! But hope springs eternal as they say, and I'm a sucker for anything new that I spot that I just KNOW is going to work for me...:grin:

I don't know what else you could try. At the moment my skin's playing so I know how difficult it is trying to find things that work. There's nothing else I can think of.

I don't know what else you could try. At the moment my skin's playing so I know how difficult it is trying to find things that work. There's nothing else I can think of.

you tried my lovely, and that's appreciated! Shall update you if I come across the miracle cure!:happy:

er...how to tell you this, but I do already oil the nails, slather on the handcream, and then put on my little white gloves when I'm in bed...first time I did this and sat reading, as is my wont, when my OH came up to bed he asked if I was off to ref a snooker game, ****** cheek! I should be resigned to the fact that NOTHING is going to help by now shouldn't I! But hope springs eternal as they say, and I'm a sucker for anything new that I spot that I just KNOW is going to work for me...:grin:

I have to use rubber gloves for washing up every time cos I suffer from contact dermatitis, even Pledge affects me and have to be careful. I know it's hard but do you put your hands in water too much apart from ablutions, if so and you don't wear gloves there are some very light ones now that are not too cumbersome. I also am allergic to the lining if it breaks down, must be the glue, so I get hypo allergenic ones. Some washing up liquid is like paint stripper, I use Surcare a sensitive one for extra protection for the unavoidable contact. My nails are a bit stronger for it but cuticles have improved with this care.

I have to use rubber gloves for washing up every time cos I suffer from contact dermatitis, even Pledge affects me and have to be careful. I know it's hard but do you put your hands in water too much apart from ablutions, if so and you don't wear gloves there are some very light ones now that are not too cumbersome. I also am allergic to the lining if it breaks down, must be the glue, so I get hypo allergenic ones. Some washing up liquid is like paint stripper, I use Surcare a sensitive one for extra protection for the unavoidable contact. My nails are a bit stronger for it but cuticles have improved with this care.

I hate them but have been wearing rubber gloves for a while, since I developed eczema out of nowhere, but even that doesn't seem to have made any difference - I'm a lost cause! Perhaps I need to take some kind of dietary supplement rather than treat my nails direct..or perhaps as well as..but being on other meds I'm loath to just try things, so I'll have to just keep on as I am..my nails are well cared for, if short!

I hate them but have been wearing rubber gloves for a while, since I developed eczema out of nowhere, but even that doesn't seem to have made any difference - I'm a lost cause! Perhaps I need to take some kind of dietary supplement rather than treat my nails direct..or perhaps as well as..but being on other meds I'm loath to just try things, so I'll have to just keep on as I am..my nails are well cared for, if short!

Doing a Julia and buffing them is good for circulation but it can be overdone and damaging, (if it starts to "burn" you are doing too much or too hard) I buff mine and keep them plain and it has helped with ridges. I keep mine short, just tip showing off edge and have less problems with them this length as opposed to trying for the unobtainable talon, which is out of fashion now anyway, heyyyyy yayyyyyy. :clapping:

Doing a Julia and buffing them is good for circulation but it can be overdone and damaging, (if it starts to "burn" you are doing too much or too hard) I buff mine and keep them plain and it has helped with ridges. I keep mine short, just tip showing off edge and have less problems with them this length as opposed to trying for the unobtainable talon, which is out of fashion now anyway, heyyyyy yayyyyyy. :clapping:

You're right, too much buffing isn't good - I do it quite gently and it does put a nice shine on the nails. All I ask is a nail with a nice white tip, rather than the schoolgirl look of the finger showing above the nail, which is what I always end up with :headbang: - just not destined to have lovely hands!

i hate my nails.so fragile are mine that i cannot make my bed without them splitting and fraying like wafers.

i am using opi nail envy atm but this covers the peels/splits/tears but nothing else.use avoplex every night and rubber gloves most of the time. destined to have the worse nails ever.

may try prostrong when nail envy is finished.:down:

Latest posts

Back