Samsung 55” Curved Full HD TV 24/11/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't suppose you know the price yet?

Also does anyone know what sort of guarantees QVC offer? Is it just the standard manufacturer guarantee? For instance if I purchase this from John lewis it comes with a 5 year guarantee. Be interesting to see how the price compares. Also the ones in JL have a £200/250 cash back claim as well. Will be interesting to see.

I don't suppose you know the price yet?

Also does anyone know what sort of guarantees QVC offer? Is it just the standard manufacturer guarantee? For instance if I purchase this from John lewis it comes with a 5 year guarantee. Be interesting to see how the price compares. Also the ones in JL have a £200/250 cash back claim as well. Will be interesting to see.

nope wont know what that will be till the day & Q only do the standard 1 year warranty

Q have done the cashback things before as well but sometimes they have already taken that into account and lower the tsv price accordingly, what i mean is say the tv is £1250 sometimes Q do it at a tsv price of £1000 and you dont have to claim the cashback

Thank you:mysmilie_508:

Will have to wait & see then how it compares. Have been looking at this tv for sometime now:)

Thats crazy. How do they expect to sell it then, when people can get such better deals elsewhere.

Not holding out much hope now for the Monday TSV:(

Thats crazy. How do they expect to sell it then, when people can get such better deals elsewhere

Easy pays sway people. We have a culture that wants things now, even if it costs more in the long run, rather than saving up for something and buying it in one go for a cheaper overall price.

Personally I wouldn't buy a tv from anywhere other than John Lewis, 5 year guarantee, and excellent customer service when I bought my new telly from them earlier in the year.

Last edited:
Samsung UE55H6800 55" Curved Full HD LED TV with Smart, WiFi & 3D
Item Number: 505840
QVC Price £1,187.00
Todays Special Value Price £999.96
P&P £19.95

3 Easy Pay instalments of £333.32, plus P&P

£1299 in currys

go for it 3d tv's are fantastic i love mine and the bigger the better screenwise. i will be watching the presentation

I'd certainly be tempted by that had I not bought a new telly earlier in the year. However, John Lewis' 5 year guarantee just can't be beaten.

I was looking at the Samsung curved tv in Currys and the one I looked at the picture was amazing. Our previous tv was Samsung and I couldnt complain about the picture but wouldn't have another active 3D again. We have a 55" and I love it and the passive 3D is excellent.

Sorry for the dumb question, but it has been bugging me for ages... Why would someone want a curved screen? What is the supposed benefit of it? I've really no idea why the new shape is better than traditional flat ones.

It's all about viewing angles. We have one sofa directly in front of our plasma panel, but the other is off to the side. Even though the panel tilts, it doesn't provide the best viewing as the picture is distorted. I think this doesn't apply as much to the higher end LCD tvs. A curved tv would be excellent in our lounge. Mr MK has resisted one for a long time, but if he gets a good bonus at xmas I suspect he may cave!! There has been a huge one in John Lewis for about a year that I always find him lusting over after going m.i.a in the store!!

tv's dont really break down but it is nice to have the security

My last one did .......... all I had on the screen was purple and pink lines. I replaced it with a larger one from John Lewis because of the 5 year guarantee - just incase.

My best mate has got a curved TV, and I just don't like it.

This is my best description why. When you're watching from an angle, something just seems off. For example, I was watching it and people were walking from one side of a room to the other. It seemed like someone was fast forwarding it, but only very slightly.
Sorry, I know what I mean, but that doesn't mean you will!!

Latest posts

Back