Final Yankee Candle Show On QVCUK???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I dont do it regularly but I treat myself a couple of times a year but only if I like the fragrances. Its my guilty pleasure. I am beginning to think that I might look at other brands to see what they are like.
Oh! Of course, I wasn't thinking that it was a bad thing as I used to love buying candles. My real guilty treat now is Molton Brown and candles have had to give way :D

CC

Oh thanks for that. I went into hospital in July and didnt watch QVC for a while. Seems that I missed alot in that time including the new presenters who havent impressed me.
Hope you are on the mend Puffin.😘😘

I only bought YC once and never again. All I could smell was paraffin,I did post on FB and DF said no it couldn't be as they were Soy wax. Loads of comments that she was wrong as they were paraffin wax.

I only bought YC once and never again. All I could smell was paraffin,I did post on FB and DF said no it couldn't be as they were Soy wax. Loads of comments that she was wrong as they were paraffin wax.
Thanks Lemonpop. Still under the hospital but hopefully am getting there.

it was an outlet show to get rid of some items to make way for more so it dont mean it was the acutal last show as usually they dont mention when its the last show ever
Unless we’ve all gone mad, it was YC’s final show on QVC so I doubt very much that the outlet show was to make room for more.

It was probably mentioned because YC have been on air for so many years and were a popular brand although I stopped buying them when the quality went down …. no fragrance other than a paraffin type smell.

EDIT:
The “was” was meant to be the only highlighted word …. Not the rest of my post. 🙄

There has been another Yankee show in the last couple of weeks that Rosa did and she seemed very subdued on it. I thought this was coming as alot of their items have been in clearance recently. Such a shame for Rosa as she seemed very nice. I do have an outstanding waitlist item due on February (the new Japanese cherry blossom candles) so wonder if this will still be sent out. 🤔

Ms Flint obviously doesn't own any YCs, then! And she doesn't know how to google... methinks there's a little bit of fibbage going on....
The majority of YCs are paraffin wax candles.

I remember when YC first started on QVC, it was pointed in every show that unlike other candles the fragrance was through to the bottom of the candle. It made it sound like all other brands only scented the top few cm of theirs. Which of course is total crap!

I have said many times I am not a fan of YC, I have had them bought for me now and then a friend brought me one direct from the US some years back. The black smoke from YC is awful, and I do cut the wick down before relighting each time. No way are they soy and never has been.

There has been another Yankee show in the last couple of weeks that Rosa did and she seemed very subdued on it. I thought this was coming as alot of their items have been in clearance recently. Such a shame for Rosa as she seemed very nice. I do have an outstanding waitlist item due on February (the new Japanese cherry blossom candles) so wonder if this will still be sent out. 🤔
Poor Rosa ☹️🤗 So I wasn’t dreaming it she had been on recently, and you thought too she wasn’t her own self. 🥲

For those interested, and even has a kiss at the end. Official reply to the query over YC no longer being sold at QVC UK.

Hi Hazel, we are not currently selling Yankee Candle products on QVC UK, however we still have an amazing and wide range of scented candles, reed diffusers and scent spray products available on our website which you can view here - https://bit.ly/35vHdrR. Stacey x

They always said not selling currently which in QVC speak mean bye bye.

I think we should take a dead pool on which brand are going next?

IT Cosmetics seems to be top of recent queries on stock.

At the rate they’re going, QVC will be soon be known as the Marla Wynne, Dyson, Elemis channel. It’s become mind numbingly boring. I occasionally have it on in the background if the items interest me so that I find out more about it, but that’s not very often.

Some of their deals aren’t deals. For example, the current Emma mattress one. The same mattress is on Amazon and it’s cheaper and you get a free pillow included. At least with other companies you don’t have to jump through hoops if something goes wrong and refunds are dealt with in a few days, not weeks. Most also offer free P&P.

QVC really do need to start coming out of prehistoric times and update their modus operandi.

I agree, Toril. Do you think they are casting around for new, more youth-appealing brands? I would say close to 50%of my orders were for YC so that money will be going elsewhere. I am not buying the likes Harry Slatkin candles because they are very expensive for the burn time, and if you use candles for around 5-6hours every night, they would be unaffordable for me. At the other end of the scale, I cannot smell anything from Price’s so don’t buy those either. I wonder if Yankee Bundles will sell the new releases in lieu of Q? I have bought some of the new Japanese offering from Temptation Gifts but they are dearer than Q, albeit a very good retailer. ☹️

it was an outlet show anyway so dont mean they have gone competely
it was an outlet show to get rid of some items to make way for more so it dont mean it was the acutal last show as usually they dont mention when its the last show ever
It was very clear, it was the last Yankee Candle show on QVC.

You only need to watch back the the very start of the show and listen to what Craig said. He was very clear as was Cait.

Last edited:
Such a lovely message from Rosa.
👇🏼

Attachments

• F88874DC-FAB2-42B2-8509-4C70625E0707.jpeg
    F88874DC-FAB2-42B2-8509-4C70625E0707.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 325
She has a number of kind replies too, but then she was a very popular BA. Steven has mentioned it and people have relied to him but I cannot see if he has replied to them. Cait also has put up a nice message.

What a shame. Cait says that there is mutual respect between Yankee and Q… hmm, so why the break up then? I would love to know what led to this. One tweet also comments, as was done upthread, about the number of brands leaving Q.

I agree, Toril. Do you think they are casting around for new, more youth-appealing brands? I would say close to 50%of my orders were for YC so that money will be going elsewhere. I am not buying the likes Harry Slatkin candles because they are very expensive for the burn time, and if you use candles for around 5-6hours every night, they would be unaffordable for me. At the other end of the scale, I cannot smell anything from Price’s so don’t buy those either. I wonder if Yankee Bundles will sell the new releases in lieu of Q? I have bought some of the new Japanese offering from Temptation Gifts but they are dearer than Q, albeit a very good retailer. ☹️
I hope Temptation Gifts arent going to put their prices up because they were usually very competitive. It may be that, because the Japanese collection is new, they are charging more. What are the fragrances like, the labels look lovely with the blossoms etc, so I wondered if the smells reflected that. The problem with QVC was the postage was £5.95 whereas other places are alot cheaper and, as I have said before, if you spend £50 Temptation Gifts is free postage.

Is Ryan Clarke still on QVC with his candles?

Is Ryan Clarke still on QVC with his candles?
Rylan candles Luxenoa there’s just two sets in clearance.
From what I’ve read It would appear he had been going through a lot following the breakdown of his marriage, not eating, losing a lot of weight and was in hospital.
But it appears he is now getting himself back on track looking after himself, eating healthy and fitness training.
So if he’ll be back with his brand who knows.

Rylan candles Luxenoa there’s just two sets in clearance.
From what I’ve read It would appear he had been going through a lot following the breakdown of his marriage, not eating, losing a lot of weight and was in hospital.
But it appears he is now getting himself back on track looking after himself, eating healthy and fitness training.
So if he’ll be back with his brand who knows.
With a new set of teeth 😊

Latest posts

Back