OH, Pleeeeease !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Here is an interesting one.

Bus Pass, I see loads of people keep theirs in a small card wallet thing and just flash it at the reader on the bus. If you keep your debit or credit card in the same wallet, the reader can pass your bus pass and read the DC or CC instead. It has happened to someone I know, and the bus driver pointed it out to her. She did not believe it, but he pointed it out, she had paid with her debit card. He printed a ticket and told her to phone and they would refuse the £2.10. But how many people has this happened to, and they never knew?

OH and I went out for a bus ride on the very first day that the bus passes started, and it was April 1st.

We got to our destination, and I asked the driver what time the bus back would be.

He said that there wouldn't be one! I really thought he was playing an April fool prank on us, but when we got back we found there really was no bus back.

The only alternative would be 2 buses, going in a huge triangle instead of the direct route back.

We had to wait about an hour for the first bus back, then another wait for the 2nd one. But to add insult to injury, the drivers would not accept our bus passes because it was the first day and they knew nothing about them.

So our celebration trip to use our passes for a 20 min journey took us at least 3 hours to get back, and cost us about £10 :(

Whilst clearing out bags last week I was gathering up bit of coins. Mr L saw that some were 5p pieces which he couldn’t remember for years (he uses £2 and £1 coins only!) and actually had to Google if they were still legal tender!

I have a bowl I put all my loose change in, then when its full I take it down to the machine in Sainsbury's that count it all out and give you that amount in a token to spend. I generally have around 30 pounds twice a year.

I have a bowl I put all my loose change in, then when its full I take it down to the machine in Sainsbury's that count it all out and give you that amount in a token to spend. I generally have around 30 pounds twice a year.
Yes we do that as well. Haven’t done Sainsbury’s one for a while but we just took the notes not tokens. I know it’s isn’t a good exchange rate but our banks and building society won’t take more than £5 coins and I‘m not sure they even will do that now, so a bird in the hand and all that.

I was looking at the TV guide to see if they plan to suspend broadcasting during The Queen's funeral (it doesn't look like they do but perhaps they just haven't updated it yet) and I found this show, which is new to me.

Menopause Your Way
Presenter: Pipa Gordon

Join us and our great panel of guests at lunchtime as they enjoy a chat and share a selection of fantastic products from top brands on QVC.

Upcoming shows

• 19/09/2022 13.00-14.00
  • 20/09/2022 13:00-14:00
  • 21/09/2022 13:00-14:00
  • 26/09/2022 13:00-14:00
  • 27/09/2022 13:00-14:00
  • 28/09/2022 13:00-14:00

They’ve been banging on about the menopause for ages 🙄 and I think the shows have all been called “menopause your way.”

It’s just a way for them to sell things like vitamins, relaxing and calming candles and clothes to wear if you’re having hot flushes, etc etc.

With regards to the funeral, in my opinion, it would show respect if that they suspended broadcasting while the actual funeral is happening, but it’s unlikely. I just hope that they do acknowledge the one minute’s silence at Sunday evening at 8pm though.

I was looking at the TV guide to see if they plan to suspend broadcasting during The Queen's funeral (it doesn't look like they do but perhaps they just haven't updated it yet) and I found this show, which is new to me.

Menopause Your Way
Presenter: Pipa Gordon

Join us and our great panel of guests at lunchtime as they enjoy a chat and share a selection of fantastic products from top brands on QVC.

Upcoming shows

• 19/09/2022 13.00-14.00
  • 20/09/2022 13:00-14:00
  • 21/09/2022 13:00-14:00
  • 26/09/2022 13:00-14:00
  • 27/09/2022 13:00-14:00
  • 28/09/2022 13:00-14:00
I got an email about this overblown campaign last week. It’s so exciting, though - they’re up for awards an’ everything.

9F06A484-2C44-44F8-8E49-9842B64F3BC8.jpeg

I bet the marketing department can’t sleep for the excitement.

I'm glad Frank Sinatra isn't around, or someone would suggest that Menopause Your Way would be a good title for him to put a song to !!!! Honest to God, it makes me wonder where QVC are going to stop. Is there going to be a Dementia Down Memory Lane, or Is It Hard to Discuss Erectile Disfunction ? and despite it not being yet another LGBGTXYZ month, they are still advertising the caring/sharing the helpline.

I attended some training in work recently on how managers can support someone going through menopause. It was pointed out to us that trans men can also experience some of the symptoms, which hadn't occurrred to me.

AY has been referencing it for years when flogging high-end beauty products, saying how they can help to combat the drying effects on skin, thinning hair etc.

I'm glad Frank Sinatra isn't around, or someone would suggest that Menopause Your Way would be a good title for him to put a song to !!!! Honest to God, it makes me wonder where QVC are going to stop. Is there going to be a Dementia Down Memory Lane, or Is It Hard to Discuss Erectile Disfunction ? and despite it not being yet another LGBGTXYZ month, they are still advertising the caring/sharing the helpline.
Brissles, please don't give them ideas for future shows🤣. We'll know who to blame if these shows appear. And you forgot "Have you got piles of piles?"😋

I attended some training in work recently on how managers can support someone going through menopause. It was pointed out to us that trans men can also experience some of the symptoms, which hadn't occurrred to me.

AY has been referencing it for years when flogging high-end beauty products, saying how they can help to combat the drying effects on skin, thinning hair etc.

I suppose that's like husbands experiencing phantom labour pains during childbirth then ?

I suppose that's like husbands experiencing phantom labour pains during childbirth then ?
No obviously not! 🙄

The transgender men who may experience menopausal symptoms would either be doing so, I presume, because they’ve not transitioned and still have female reproductive systems and/or as a result of the hormonal treatment being given to transition...

Oh, trans-men. Yes, sorry, my brain doesn't work quick enough to get the right situation for whichever gender. Its all a minefield for which I'm getting too old for.

Thought you were being derogatory/ sarcastic with phantom labour pains comparison comment - if you weren’t, I apologise.

I agree it can be very confusing with the various situations and terminology!

Last night I watched a romcom with Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart made in 2008. After an argument in the hotel lobby he stomps off to the gents - she follows him to continue the row. He then turns around and says "you DO realise this is a GENT'S restroom ! ". I thought, how times have changed in just 14 years., when we didn't even KNOW what trans was.

Latest posts

Back