Seriously, these were for sale on QVC?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
Anyone remember seeing them? If you missed out in 2012, they are up for sale again now. (Strato, put your credit card away. These are not a substitute for that crown you were cheated out of.)

IMG_5216.jpeg

According to this article at the time, QVC’s head gardener (no pun intended) was involved. Looks like they haven’t aged very well.

Anyone remember seeing them? If you missed out in 2012, they are up for sale again now. (Strato, put your credit card away. These are not a substitute for that crown you were cheated out of.)

View attachment 28158

According to this article at the time, QVC’s head gardener (no pun intended) was involved. Looks like they haven’t aged very well.

Can’t sleep (can’t anyway but next door neighbours just brought home their new-born baby too who is screaming away!), so decided to read the links too!

Bizarre?!

It sounds as if they were commissioned by QVC in 2012 to launch their gardening season.

Not a regular viewer - and usually only ever the late hours - and not sure I’ve ever watched a gardening show, but I’m sure I’d remember having seen these eyesores!!

Think the late Queen and Prince Philip would be offended if they’d seen them at the time… poor Queen especially looks very masculine.
Let alone the state of them now.

Not sure how the current owner came to own them, or how much he had to pay to buy them from QVC but as you say they have not aged well!

Thanks for this thread. I saw the article but didn’t know how to do the link. I certainly never saw this on qvc - not something you’d forget😳! Don’t know how it slipped under the radar.

Bloomin' heck, that one of the late Prince Philip IS scary!
It looks like the Prince Philip one in particular has been touched up over the years as he now has open eyes, where in the original they were narrowed. If anything, it now looks more scary!

Their complexions have really suffered. You’d think being from QVC, they would have come with a hamper of skincare to combat the effects of the elements, especially Ultrasun for the sun exposure.

IMG_5217.jpeg

IMG_5216.jpeg

Whatever happened to the 👑 Crown🤔
Don’t start him off!

Were they really ever for sale? They are awful and I find them a tad offensive. The late Queen and her husband were admirable people in my view and this kind of crap does no one any favours.

CC
No don’t think they were for sale ON QVC. I read it that they were commissioned by/made for QVC…

But after the jubilee and their display etc they were obviously sold off privately and the chap who is now selling them, somehow bought and collected them from the studio?!
Can you imagine the P&P they could/would’ve charged for these based on their usual rip-off prices?!!

Latest posts

Back