"House of Malachite" - LOL! - Trough and Angeline

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SnowMoon

Registered Shopper
On now, "House of Malachite". Trough seems to have caught Ellis's delusion of grandeur with no real understanding of the correct use of "House of..." or the history of that terminology. The arrogance, the ignorance and the hubris is almost tangible - and definitely laughable. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it advertised. Hilarious - but sadly desperate and predictable.

That's nothing he did a big slice of it for £1,499. Said if it didn't sell he would take it to Sotheby's! Well, yeah you can take it - but that doesn't mean they will accept it or it will get that price, all that says is you will take it with you - doesn't even say you will show it to them. I did a search on Etsy and they have some lovely big pieces of bullseye malachite at a fraction of the price (£70 to £100). So it looks like more of Dave's inflated prices. He's still using clocks too.

I saw that floating across the screen. House of Malachite. A better term would be Collection of Malachite. House is used for fashion and big well known jewellers etc. Not a house of stones. The next thing they'll put up is Clay pieces as part of their House of Kimbie, except they'd call it The House of Brick. It comes with a free front door, but only if they absolutely choose Jess to present the show. (If we keep saying absolutely here, we'd beat her record and some, absolutely.)

Just seen the back screen. It's official title is, The House of Malachite, by Kimbie Home. I was joking when I mentioned Kimbie. But doesn't that sound so much better now that Kimbie is associated with malachite? Really makes it an impressive stone. I think I will buy the show out ;)

Just seen the back screen. It's official title is, The House of Malachite, by Kimbie Home. I was joking when I mentioned Kimbie. But doesn't that sound so much better now that Kimbie is associated with malachite? Really makes it an impressive stone. I think I will buy the show out ;)

It's hard to take the company seriously any more when they're linking a stone that he claims he can take to Sotherbys, and a fluorescent yellow scarf that looks like the micro-fibre cloth that I wash my car with, to the 'Kimbie' range.

It's hard to take the company seriously any more when they're linking a stone that he claims he can take to Sotherbys, and a fluorescent yellow scarf that looks like the micro-fibre cloth that I wash my car with, to the 'Kimbie' range.
When you think of what the company used to be and what it made itself into. It's almost like (and I used the association loosely), Fortnum and Mason having a charity section. The amount of "lesser quality" items, through all ranges hasn't helped at all. Ignoring the way it's presented. Yes, cheap and cheerful has it's place, and is warranted, and is nothing to sniff at, but a place renowned for diamonds, platinum etc etc now selling tuppence-apenny items. At NOT tuppence-apenny prices.

When you think of what the company used to be and what it made itself into. It's almost like (and I used the association loosely), Fortnum and Mason having a charity section. The amount of "lesser quality" items, through all ranges hasn't helped at all. Ignoring the way it's presented. Yes, cheap and cheerful has it's place, and is warranted, and is nothing to sniff at, but a place renowned for diamonds, platinum etc etc now selling tuppence-apenny items. At NOT tuppence-apenny prices.

This is the problem with Gemporia these days. They don't know who their target audience is - and they seem to have a 'jack of all trades, master of none' sales policy.

They're selling half-a-million quid Arthur Ivy Csarite necklaces, alongside flogging average stones that they claim they can take to Sotherbys, alongside flogging hideous fluorescent yellow scarves and tacky glass ornaments that wouldn't look out of place in B&M or Poundstretcher.

Imagine Lord Tarquin of Toffland browsing their website to look for a £500,000 Csarite necklace to celebrate his 50th wedding anniversary to Dame Fanny of Farquaardland only for it to say "We no longer have this is stock - but we think you might like this instead:" - as it recommends a £15 glass Ostrich-come-Giraffe with three eyes and a wonky leg.

Imagine Lord Tarquin of Toffland browsing their website to look for a £500,000 Csarite necklace to celebrate his 50th wedding anniversary to Dame Fanny of Farquaardland only for it to say "We no longer have this is stock - but we think you might like this instead:" - as it recommends a £15 glass Ostrich-come-Giraffe with three eyes and a wonky leg.
But the glass critter is soooo cute, it's worth every penny ;) He might buy the lot :p

Oh gosh, the girl in green (Lindsey?) opened her gob so wide I thought she was going to swallow that malachite paperweight sphere thinggy.

Oh gosh, the girl in green (Lindsey?) opened her gob so wide I thought she was going to swallow that malachite paperweight sphere thinggy.
That's the woman. Not her best choice of outfit. She's known for dressing to colour co-ordinate with her shows. Hence Green today.

Lindsey Carr is wearing all black today, and looking like she's come straight from a funeral.

If she dresses to co-ordinate with her shows, perhaps she's celebrating the death of Gemporia?

1.JPG

Latest posts

Back