Fragrance and you

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MsTrouble

Registered Shopper
:cheeky:

Does anybody really spray perfume in the manner demonstrated on QVC?

As perfume usually contains alcohol the last place I would spray it is in my hair as it can be drying but the presenters always give it a good swoosh around like hair spray and then I half expect them to flick their hair back Miss Piggy style afterwards!

What makes me chuckle is that today in the L'Occitane show with Catherine Huntley, after spraying around herself she started coughing as if she had inhaled the perfume.
Ann Dawson I think got some in her eye in another show.

It clearly appears to be a health and safety hazard therefore I recommend before demonstrating any luxuuurious fragrance that they literally pop on a pair of safety goggles, an actual gas mask/respirator and a presteegious hard hat to protect the hair area for you.

This can be accompanied by a red warning sign 'Flammable' if so desired.

Regards

The Health and Safety Executive

:angel:

Many have this idea of walking through a mist of fragrance. When all it does is land on your hair, yes it will dry it out. On top of your shoulders and top of your head totally useless for staying power.

Perfume needs to be on or near your pulse points as they are warmer and keep the perfume and give you sillage(that is the trail you leave as you walk, perfume wise). The back of the neck along the hairline, most people will sweat there. About an inch below the earlobe not right behind the ears. The hollow at the base of your throat, down between your breasts. On the inner wrists and the bend of the elbow, behind your knees and even the V at the top of your legs where it joints to your body.

Doesn't that sting a bit?!! You lot are hilarious, made a dull start to the day so much brighter. Not to mention educational - never heard of sillage before. I've been behind folk who smell vaguely of silage. I've spritzed on a bit of Coco Mademoiselle today, the body mist, so I do waft that about but not in the manner the model was doing the Liz Earle the other night, she was having a shower in it.

Many have this idea of walking through a mist of fragrance. When all it does is land on your hair, yes it will dry it out. On top of your shoulders and top of your head totally useless for staying power.

Perfume needs to be on or near your pulse points as they are warmer and keep the perfume and give you sillage(that is the trail you leave as you walk, perfume wise). The back of the neck along the hairline, most people will sweat there. About an inch below the earlobe not right behind the ears. The hollow at the base of your throat, down between your breasts. On the inner wrists and the bend of the elbow, behind your knees and even the V at the top of your legs where it joints to your body.

i do NOT want to see Tova doing that. ever.:wait:

nice threat, made me laugh out loud this morning, so thank you for all to make my morning so bright and start of with laughter.

Sillage? You learn something new everyday!

I spray my Dolma on my wrists, below the earlobes & between my "lady bumps" & I seem to produce enough sillage.

From the reviews of LE perhaps they're using it as a fform of pest control at the same time?

:mysmilie_61: at this thread, however got to admit I'm a wafter/spritzer.

I love perfume but if I spray directly onto my skin I get an excema type rash, especially on my neck and wrists (no comment on the Maldives...:giggle:)

don't spritz around my facial area or hair though, just tend to wait till I'm fully dressed then do a body spritz so it goes on my clothes rather than on my skin - bit bizarre I know but it's the only way I can wear perfume without triggering allergies.

i spray on my pulse points at the moment i am spraying ralph by ralph lauren as it's a summery scent i go with the seasons come autumn i switch to a slightly heavier one not too heavy as they give me headaches

pulse points for me, currently wearing Prada Infusion D iris , love it, very summery. Would not spray it around al la QVC demo style, what a waste. I always laugh at them putting scent on by the bucket load grinnning away as if drunk on the alcohol.

Obviously the wrong thing to do, but I like to 'walk through the mist'. :happy:

That's silage with 1 L Lily:sun:I can smell that on the air every day down here in Devon though:confused::wink:

Sillage is a french word said as sillege it means wake or trail.

Bit like if someone has bad body odour the smell just seems to hang round after they have gone. On with perfume its suppose to be a nice smell.

i read somewhere that you should never put perfume behind your ears as they have a lot of oil glands there that can make the perfume go off. old habits die hard and i do sometimes for get and also the chest area when exposed to the sun is a cause of much ageing the alchohol and sun a no no..

fav juice atm is "y" by ysl best chypre in the world similar to a certain fragrance that many mixed reviews on qvc....:wonder::wonder:

Latest posts

Back