Celebrate The New Studio Countdown Thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tbh, I don't care about a new studio.
Would just like them to sell some decent stuff and do it honestly, equitably and with good grace.

Would love some decent tech. Maybe their target demographic doesn't have the cash, but some decent TVs (for the Euros?), tablets, TV sticks, phones.

Not kitchen gizmos and mobility and weather and garden or appliance paraphernalia?! Those solar bumble bee flowers for £20+ on a stick were shocking!

I nearly fell for a QVC HP Chromebook TSV, which was actually a cheapest web price at the time, so some tablets, laptops, tv tech would be great. If they could get a decent price...rather than adding a £10 mark-up to everything.

Yes, true about the studio….But when their staff appear on here bragging about one and on-air, too, they look somewhat ridiculous when one continually fails to appear. Day 253..

And why would any self-respecting tech manufacturer want their goods shown off in a broom cupboard of a studio with appalling picture quality, and by people who know nothing about their goods?

Any idea why it wasn't 1st of June? We hear dates but no explanation when it doesn't happen. Of course things happen and cause delays but when no comment comes it leads people to believe its all pie in the sky.

You're obviously in the know so what have the continual hold ups been? I'm sure it can't be anything confidential.

Really looking forward to seeing the new studio in 16 days, I think that would be 27th June.

I think what they should first focus on better transparency in their selling tactics. A new studio should be the reward:-

1) If you are going to do relentless price comparisons, then compare with accessible websites from your rival traders, where the viewer can actually check what you have supposedly found. This is what your predecessor channel used to do and you have decided to do the opposite. Don’t price compare a £50 handbag with one costing hundreds of pounds more that might look a bit similar. Compare the £50 handbag with handbags of similar quality being sold elsewhere and document the link you make accessibly. This gives your viewers an informed choice to buy, which should be an absolute prerequisite of your mandate to sell. Checkable facts: that’s what people should be entitled to from a shopping channel making price and quality of goods claims.

2) Don’t allow your presenters to make outrageous and unchecked claims on ‘Should Be’ prices of goods you sell. Last night it was a watch being sold for just under £78 that apparently should be a £650 watch. That’s fine. But show us where the £650 version of this watch is being sold currently or was sold. Or when you say an air fryer was £320 when you are selling it for under £60, then show us when that air fryer was actually being sold for £320, where and when.

3) Learn from the shopping channels that actually do do the job of selling in the correct manner. The previous version of your channel, for example with price comparisons. Or if you want to look at a current shopping channel selling their goods fairly and open does - send your gallery staff on a day’s work experience to QVC..Most of the time (not all, but most) they get it right. Most of your time, from what I have seen, you appear to get it wrong.

Tbh, I don't care about a new studio.
Would just like them to sell some decent stuff and do it honestly, equitably and with good grace.

Would love some decent tech. Maybe their target demographic doesn't have the cash, but some decent TVs (for the Euros?), tablets, TV sticks, phones.

Not kitchen gizmos and mobility and weather and garden or appliance paraphernalia?! Those solar bumble bee flowers for £20+ on a stick were shocking!

I nearly fell for a QVC HP Chromebook TSV, which was actually a cheapest web price at the time, so some tablets, laptops, tv tech would be great. If they could get a decent price...rather than adding a £10 mark-up to everything.
Mark my words, you will never get IW selling even half decent tech e.g. laptops, phones, tv's etc. Tbh I think the only UK selly telly channel that will continue to bring that stuff is QVC.

I think what they should first focus on better transparency in their selling tactics. A new studio should be the reward:-

1) If you are going to do relentless price comparisons, then compare with accessible websites from your rival traders, where the viewer can actually check what you have supposedly found. This is what your predecessor channel used to do and you have decided to do the opposite. Don’t price compare a £50 handbag with one costing hundreds of pounds more that might look a bit similar. Compare the £50 handbag with handbags of similar quality being sold elsewhere and document the link you make accessibly. This gives your viewers an informed choice to buy, which should be an absolute prerequisite of your mandate to sell. Checkable facts: that’s what people should be entitled to from a shopping channel making price and quality of goods claims.

2) Don’t allow your presenters to make outrageous and unchecked claims on ‘Should Be’ prices of goods you sell. Last night it was a watch being sold for just under £78 that apparently should be a £650 watch. That’s fine. But show us where the £650 version of this watch is being sold currently or was sold. Or when you say an air fryer was £320 when you are selling it for under £60, then show us when that air fryer was actually being sold for £320, where and when.

3) Learn from the shopping channels that actually do do the job of selling in the correct manner. The previous version of your channel, for example with price comparisons. Or if you want to look at a current shopping channel selling their goods fairly and open does - send your gallery staff on a day’s work experience to QVC..Most of the time (not all, but most) they get it right. Most of your time, from what I have seen, you appear to get it wrong.
Yes, I don't mind cheap stuff as long as its sold accurately. It's the handbags that get me annoyed. All the 'this should sell at over £1,000'. For that price you'd expect a Mulberry bag, a full price medium Michael Kors bag is around £350. Both are very recognisable brands. Neither of them is a no name bag from a shopping channel.

I must confess to being a bit of a bag snob but I don't have either of the brands I name checked. However I'm more than happy to buy a cheap and cheerful bag but not when it's being promoted as so exclusive that the Kardashians are desperate to buy it (OK I exaggerated a bit but you get the picture). Don't compare it to a luxury brand but then say "I'm not making a direct comparison".

It's not rocket science.

Yes, I don't mind cheap stuff as long as its sold accurately. It's the handbags that get me annoyed. All the 'this should sell at over £1,000'. For that price you'd expect a Mulberry bag, a full price medium Michael Kors bag is around £350. Both are very recognisable brands. Neither of them is a no name bag from a shopping channel.

I must confess to being a bit of a bag snob but I don't have either of the brands I name checked. However I'm more than happy to buy a cheap and cheerful bag but not when it's being promoted as so exclusive that the Kardashians are desperate to buy it (OK I exaggerated a bit but you get the picture). Don't compare it to a luxury brand but then say "I'm not making a direct comparison".

It's not rocket science.
This is where (and it can be argued it must be working for them?) some of these channels have a market stall approach to much of their selling. I'm not saying that to poke fun or whatever, it's simply a very evident fact. Part of said technique and strategy is to compare products with much more expensive and known brands. As we keep on saying, they know their target market. If you compare IW's target market with QVCs, it can be asserted they're worlds apart.

If any of you used to watch Keeping Up Appearances, IW target Onslow and Daisy, QVC target Hyacinth and Richard. That puts it very succinctly ;)

Latest posts

Back