Compare QVC with other Shopping Channels

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Guy Andrews

Registered Shopper
It does feel that their business model is very outdated - I guess they survive on volumes, loyalty ,easy pays and purchasing ‘power’ - refunds still take a long time (though caveat my last refund was refunded incredibly quickly !) Long waits for call centre, no customer service email function and then there are the postage costs … TJC though certainly not faultless and don’t have the same volume of sales refund quickly, acknowledge returns and usually respond to emails quickly, I’ll not mention Ideal World 😊(wonder how long they can survive ) I recently purchased a ‘as new’ juicer from High St TV -despatched within 3 days - broken juice jug emailed Saturday replacement on its way via Evri today - impressed !

It's a shame that so many of the shopping channels have bitten the dust and it's even more of a shame that the few that are left standing are selling stuff I have no interest in ie crafting/jewellery, have turned into a "watch (sorry timepiece) channel" - yep that's you IW. Despite my agreeing with everything you say, Q is still entertaining to watch and is ok to shop from as there is still occasionally a good deal to be had if you look carefully. I think blind loyalty and ez pays is what's keeping them afloat. Although High street tv undoubtedly is in the 21st century with regards to speed on deliveries, refunds and how they sort out queries and problems, they're not a shopping channel, they show infomercials before 9am on the telly, so they get far less viewings. As long as the loyal shoppers are sucking up all these unfair and outdated policies they'll see no reason to change anything!

My biggest gripe with QVC is the P&P costs ( Yes, sorry to say it AGAIN!) it can be useful to try something like skincare and makeup & be able to return but when you add up the cost of doing that? They had a far greater product offer in the early days when I began watching, often with items selling out before you had jumped to the phones.Now I have a quick look on the web site but can’t remember the last time I sat through a presentation just to see the same items over and over again.

Agree, adding P&P to every item is ridiculous as the postage can add up to more than the items. I don't buy nearly as much as I used to. I used to watch quite a lot of IW but their presenters are mostly terrible with hard to listen to voices.

QVC's prices have gone up massively, especially clothes and there's not much in my price range anymore (for anything) unless it's on easy pays. I only really watch the gardening these days and sometimes Ruth Langsford.

CC

Agree, adding P&P to every item is ridiculous as the postage can add up to more than the items. I don't buy nearly as much as I used to. I used to watch quite a lot of IW but their presenters are mostly terrible with hard to listen to voices.

QVC's prices have gone up massively, especially clothes and there's not much in my price range anymore (for anything) unless it's on easy pays. I only really watch the gardening these days and sometimes Ruth Langsford.

CC
Agree.

I took advantage of the recent free postage on beauty items offer, and bought more than I had for months.

I don't buy anywhere near what I used to do. Too many beauty shows for me, which I am not interested in. I used to like the gem hours and gem day. I bought 2 diamonique rings recently, and they are keepers. To be fair though, my refunds have come through quickly, which is more than I can say for Gemporia, who hang onto your money for as long as possible.

Postage is such a bug bear of mine though, paying for every item is ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back