Diamond Clarity

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Guy Andrews

Registered Shopper
Doing a bit of research on my diamond purchases over the years that I thought were good potentially investments purchase - disappointed to find several are 13 clarity which makes them virtually impossible to resell - there are few diamond products on the website that state clarity - noticed Vicki last night had a valuation card on air with ‘suggested’ price of ring clearly visible (not permitted from OFCOM) and suggestions of gold as investments - though I’m generally impressed with my silver purchases there are now better options elsewhere IMHO

Doing a bit of research on my diamond purchases over the years that I thought were good potentially investments purchase - disappointed to find several are 13 clarity which makes them virtually impossible to resell - there are few diamond products on the website that state clarity - noticed Vicki last night had a valuation card on air with ‘suggested’ price of ring clearly visible (not permitted from OFCOM) and suggestions of gold as investments - though I’m generally impressed with my silver purchases there are now better options elsewhere IM
The good thing about TJC is that they're quite honest about clarity usually and it will be shown in the description.Vicki does this ridiculous thing where she covers the 'suggested' amount with her fingers on screen. Retail cost for diamonds is usually way way more than intrinsic value.This can lead to people believing that they have valuable items but as you've discovered, it's all down to the quality of the gems.I bought a diamond bracelet about 8 years ago from TJC ,a slider with baguette diamonds set as nine flowers which I still wear.They are l2/l3 but I knew when buying and it only cost £89 and it still looks lovely.I wouldn't normally touch that grade but sometimes an item is appealing even with lower grade diamonds.I would NEVER buy included round brilliants though as there's no escaping the visible flaws.The most important thing is to enjoy your diamonds.

Agree the diamonds of late are mainly I3 so I don’t even think about buying. I only buy ILIANA or rhapsody which is not often. I did sell an ILIANA piece a brought 10 years ago for a tidy profit at the end of last year. They only show the graphs for gradings when selling the best pieces. I wonder why?

Agree the diamonds of late are mainly I3 so I don’t even think about buying. I only buy ILIANA or rhapsody which is not often. I did sell an ILIANA piece a brought 10 years ago for a tidy profit at the end of last year. They only show the graphs for gradings when selling the best pieces. I wonder why?
I would think that the lower grade ones aren’t worth showing as they’d rather draw attention to their higher end products maybe.I did buy a pair of their Rhapsody diamond earrings about six years back and asked a pawnbroker friend of mine how much he would give me if I tried to sell them to him.He weighed them and said £68.00. I mentioned the half carat of E to F grade stones but he wasn’t interested because of their small size. Luckily I didn’t want to sell and will keep wearing them. You were fortunate that you found someone who appreciated the gem you had and that you’re in profit.

The good thing about TJC is that they're quite honest about clarity usually and it will be shown in the description.Vicki does this ridiculous thing where she covers the 'suggested' amount with her fingers on screen. Retail cost for diamonds is usually way way more than intrinsic value.This can lead to people believing that they have valuable items but as you've discovered, it's all down to the quality of the gems.I bought a diamond bracelet about 8 years ago from TJC ,a slider with baguette diamonds set as nine flowers which I still wear.They are l2/l3 but I knew when buying and it only cost £89 and it still looks lovely.I wouldn't normally touch that grade but sometimes an item is appealing even with lower grade diamonds.I would NEVER buy included round brilliants though as there's no escaping the visible flaws.The most important thing is to enjoy your diamonds.
Yes, its all about enjoying your jewellery. If you like an item, go for it, as long as you know the clarity, etc. of your purchases & are happy with it.

I was looking at their £1 auctions and spotted a nice pair of drop diamond earrings which I considered bidding on. It stated they were 9k gold with 0.25ct of I3 diamonds. When I looked at them in more detail the butterfly back was clearly stamped as being 925 but the certificate stated that they were 9k gold. Needless to say I didn't bid

Latest posts

Back