Favourite TV programmes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PhaedrusR

Check out your baskets
Posted this elsewhere (ShoponTV thread) off-topic, whilst discussing shopping TV versus other normal tv.

Any fans of these:

off-topic: my fave TV programmes of 'recent' times:

LOST (was on the lost forums for that for a while at the time, a meta-physical, sci-fi, classical tale, masquerading as a simple plane crash on island story trope)

and currently, Severance (AppleTV, now eagerly awaiting Series2 now being pre-trailed as coming soon after the actors/writers strikes delays) theorising the repercussions if you could mentally split your home life from your work life with a brain implant, allowing you to forget the other.

As a fan of Dilbert, Office Space (comedy film based on typical tech office business shenanigans) and psychology, this hits the spot on so many levels. Also, great production design and attention to detail. Described by some as the new Lost.
Recommended for those with a psychology interest too.

I watch far too much television these days especially in the winter months. Oh is literally glued. He loves all the sport, all the murder/mystery/hard hitting police dramas, plus afternoon quiz shows. Very occasionally I'll be pulled in by a trailer for a psychological drama and I usually enjoy them. I particularly enjoy watching dramatisations of real events such as the Post Office scandal/Dennis Nielssen/John Stonehouse and one will usually find that there's a documentary available afterwards featuring the actual people. I find this sort of thing quite thrilling. The only soap I watch is Corrie but that's getting far too "dark" for my liking and I'm always on the verge of giving up on it when I see yet another "baddie" hiding in the shadows! I love shows where people's talents are put to the test - Bake off, sewing bee, and pottery throw down etc. I can't stand fantasy/fiction whatsoever, so the likes of Game of Thrones is an absolute no no for me. Sitcoms aren't what they used to be of the modern ones I like "not going out". I'll watch the Simpsons if nothing else is on - it's hilarious. As for all these reality shows Big Brother, Love island, TOWIE and all the dreadful spin offs - :sick: . I love a silly game show eg Blankety blank, Family Fortunes. So yes,that's me! Well almost ...how did I nearly forget to add the amount of shopping channels I watch?!!!!

Last edited:
I watch lots of K dramas on Netflix, some amazing crime dramas and fantasy ones.

Also love history documentaries. Hate most reality, only like Strictly, Masked Singer and Traitors.

I do not do soaps, stopped years back watching as I just got bored.

Rarely watch ITV, has to be something excellent to make me watch.

Love Doctor Who watched since a child, so great having all the seasons on BBC IPlayer.

Oh, I do watch paranormal shows but cannot stand Ghost Adventures.

I watch the real life Forensic shows,Bloodline Detectives is very good showing how crimes, sometimes decades old, are now being solved using familial DNA.
Hubby watches Police Interceptors etc
We both enjoy 8 out of 10 Cats do Countdown and QI.

I watch far too much television these days especially in the winter months. Oh is literally glued. He loves all the sport, all the murder/mystery/hard hitting police dramas, plus afternoon quiz shows. Very occasionally I'll be pulled in by a trailer for a psychological drama and I usually enjoy them. I particularly enjoy watching dramatisations of real events such as the Post Office scandal/Dennis Nielssen/John Stonehouse and one will usually find that there's a documentary available afterwards featuring the actual people. I find this sort of thing quite thrilling. The only soap I watch is Corrie but that's getting far too "dark" for my liking and I'm always on the verge of giving up on it when I see yet another "baddie" hiding in the shadows! I love shows where people's talents are put to the test - Bake off, sewing bee, and pottery throw down etc. I can't stand fantasy/fiction whatsoever, so the likes of Game of Thrones is an absolute no no for me. Sitcoms aren't what they used to be of the modern ones I like "not going out". I'll watch the Simpsons if nothing else is on - it's hilarious. As for all these reality shows Big Brother, Love island, TOWIE and all the dreadful spin offs - :sick: . I love a silly game show eg Blankety blank, Family Fortunes. So yes,that's me! Well almost ...how did I nearly forget to add the amount of shopping channels I watch?!!!!
Basically, you love TV. Just like me! Similar interests too... Not into fantasy, goblins, elves, GoT, (but love sc-fi) and can watch 'mindless' fun entertainment/quiz shows or decent doco/programmes, etc. I stopped watching soaps EastEnders/Corrie in the 90s.

Do you remember Dream On, a USA TV comedy where the protagonist recalls old TV clips pertinent to events happening in his life... That's a bit like me!

Dream on TV series

I watch lots of K dramas on Netflix, some amazing crime dramas and fantasy ones.

Also love history documentaries. Hate most reality, only like Strictly, Masked Singer and Traitors.

Love Doctor Who watched since a child, so great having all the seasons on BBC IPlayer.

Assume K dramas are Korean... Yes, they make some great dramas/TV and films and are underrated and less well-known. Did you see Parasite (movie) and Squid Game, plus other less well-known. They have a good mix of drama, human emotion and interaction and good plot lines.

Started enjoying series 1 of Whitstable Pearl now on Drama channel Thurs 9pm & UKTV Play on-demand online.
The main characters always have lovely houses on the beachfront looking over the coastline, surely affordable on a restaurant owner's salary as a former police trainee!

The guy playing the sullen depressed detective seems too young to be a Detective Chief Inspector (same rank as Morse) is a bit too wooden, but the Kent atmosphere and plotlines are good. Oysters all round!

Also enjoyed the fluff Sunday night Death in Paradise finale, Inspector Neville Parker ridiculously got his dream send off and the replacement Beyond Paradise filmed around Looe and Devon/Cornwall with former DiP actor Kris Marshall hamming it up as the clumsy slightly eccentric detective with Martha living on an implausible houseboat outside his mother in-law's coast-side house, let's suspend believability for the fun of it!

For paranormal stuff, I'm a big fan of the Blaze TV channel.

Their UFO and paranormal/ghost programmes are excellent. Also the pawn shop, opal/gold hunters and Curse of series.

Alien Hunters, Ancient Aliens, Paranormal, The Truth is Out There, Curse of Skinwalker Ranch, Curse of Oak Island, UFO files, etc.

The truth is out there.
I want to Believe.
😁

For paranormal stuff, I'm a big fan of the Blaze TV channel.

Their UFO and paranormal/ghost programmes are excellent. Also the pawn shop, opal/gold hunters and Curse of series.

Alien Hunters, Ancient Aliens, Paranormal, The Truth is Out There, Curse of Skinwalker Ranch, Curse of Oak Island, UFO files, etc.

The truth is out there.
I want to Believe.
😁
Paranormal stuff is on par with fantasy fiction as far as I'm concerned, when I'm flicking channels I tend to stop on music documentaries, or true murder cases. When I'm planning an evening of televisual entertainment if there's nothing that appeals to me on the main 5 channels then I consider there to be "nothing on telly". I then take a look at BBC 3 and 4 followed by Sky mix and Sky arts and if there's nothing there I'll start flicking channels in the hope of finding something. I rarely watch a film on telly as I've got the attention span of a gnat, but occasionally I'll spot something that I never got to see at the cinema and will watch that, but it's rare. I also like watching disaster documentaries which I know isn't great, but when you're all tucked up snugly in your bed and the rain is lashing against the window and some poor buggers are trying to get off a sinking ship, it's a nice cosy feeling and probably very wrong of me!

I'm not big on watching telly but I do like all the sports, footy, cricket, darts, a bit of snooker, big golf tournaments. I cannot abide quiz shows, strictly or soaps.

CC

Latest posts

Back