Gemporia selling Russian diamonds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pepperpot

Registered Shopper
Oh dear. Despite their endless claims to be beacons of integrity and compassion I note that Steve Bennett and his team have bought Russian diamonds to flog on, even as Ukrainians continue to live under a barage of missiles. Must have been offered them under a bridge in Peckham by a Del-boy type middle man. Utterly shameless and grasping again, anything for a buck eh Steve?

Oh dear. Despite their endless claims to be beacons of integrity and compassion I note that Steve Bennett and his team have bought Russian diamonds to flog on, even as Ukrainians continue to live under a barage of missiles. Must have been offered them under a bridge in Peckham by a Del-boy type middle man. Utterly shameless and grasping again, anything for a buck eh Steve?
It's not a good look, is it?

It's not a good look, is it?
The diamonds appear to have gone from the catalogue now, but there is still Russian Amazonite, Russian Emerald and something called Russian Rhodusite (which I wouldn't use to gravel the drive let alone wear as jewellery). Gemporia's endlessly vaunted "moral compass" is totally broken. I could cope with adding to the Bennett clan's coffers over the years, but I damn well won't bankroll Putin too.

The diamonds appear to have gone from the catalogue now, but there is still Russian Amazonite, Russian Emerald and something called Russian Rhodusite (which I wouldn't use to gravel the drive let alone wear as jewellery). Gemporia's endlessly vaunted "moral compass" is totally broken. I could cope with adding to the Bennett clan's coffers over the years, but I damn well won't bankroll Putin too.
Correction: The conflict diamonds are still lurking
Screenshot_20221019-075413_Chrome.jpg

Actually, although I moan about Tatporia. I have no objection to them selling Russian stones IF, and only IF, they bought them outright before any sniff of the invasion of Ukraine. That money would already have been spent then and they would be powerless to do anything about that. If they have bought any since then it is morally bankrupt and reprehensible.

I take your point for sure but still feel there is no place in the market for these stones, particularly from a company so hell bent on setting itself high up on a morality pedestal, the hypocrisy is breathtaking and insulting.

So, Kate is now on flogging Burmese ruby pieces. She's making a huge deal about how they are certified Burmese, and how Jake and Dave pulled off a huge deal buying them in Magok.

She hasn't mentioned when they were bought, which is strange considering companies are supposed to have stopped exporting from Myanmar due to their poor record of human rights infringements.

So, Kate is now on flogging Burmese ruby pieces. She's making a huge deal about how they are certified Burmese, and how Jake and Dave pulled off a huge deal buying them in Magok.

She hasn't mentioned when they were bought, which is strange considering companies are supposed to have stopped exporting from Myanmar due to their poor record of human rights infringements.
Eurggh, moral compass my a*se. Zero integrity, whatever they claim.

It doesn't seem that long ago that the presenters were banging on about not being able to offer Burmese material anymore because of their ethical stance with buying from Burma.
How things have changed now that we're in a COL crisis. They'll do anything to bring in the money.

Latest posts

Back