Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Long one sorry, feeling miserable.

For the first time in my 66 years I haven’t enjoyed Christmas.

At home I have no hot water or heating, due to an error code F 37 on my new-ish combi boiler. I will try to fix it tomorrow or call someone out.

I had Christmas lunch at my sister & her DH’s as usual. Her younger son and partner (both 36) have a 4 month baby and asked me for a specific gift for him. When they opened it on Xmas Day, they were silent, then she checked Amazon. Nothing more said. I was too embarrassed to ask what I’d done wrong.

Today I texted to say if they’d changed their mind I could return it until end of Jan.

“Oh no !” The reply. “ we love it, just what we wanted”.

Other nephew (39) ignored the present I handed him. It was still unopened when I left in the evening. I popped back yesterday with his daughters’ presents (parents estranged) and he didn’t mention my gift. I’ve now texted him.

My sister isn’t pleased that I’ve reprimanded both her “kids”. I despise bad manners and won’t be treated like this. Tolerated because I’m generous but not appreciated.
I have lots of words for your nephews, the partner and their attitudes but I’ll stick to the child-friendly ones that won’t get me banned from the forum (although if braver forum members want to use a few, they’ll get a ‘like’ from me). They are rude, unkind, thoughtless, insensitive, tactless, ill-mannered ingrates.

Apologies but I’m not very impressed with your sister there either, disagreeing with you checking everyone’s happy with what you had gone to the trouble to get for them because they hadn’t said. Maybe she should have brought her offspring up with more respect. No offence, Eric’s Mum, I know it’s your relatives but don’t worry, we can all see you have the family considerate gene they missed out on.

I just hope they treated you to some nice gifts … or is it all about them?? Also hope you have a good week and can forget them. Do something entirely for you over the New Year weekend.

Next year, I’d get them a present for someone who has everything …… namely a big gift of nothing.

Sis has now told me by text that she felt really ill on Christmas Eve and feels no better today, but she didn’t want to cancel lunches on Sat & Sun and disappoint everyone.🤬

My brother’s son & fiancée have had 2 negative lft tests -days 6 & 7 of their isolation and declared themselves ‘legally’ fit to mingle (this is their 2nd bout despite double jabs - they are police officers in the Met and everyone they arrest thinks it’s hilarious to spit in their faces. Face masks don’t offer much protection against projectile spittle. 🤬🤬🤬). Brother has now postponed Christmas at his house tomorrow because he’s not confident. There would be 11 of us in his small semi so I agree with him.

This is just not our family’s finest Christmas !

Eric’s Mum that is disgusting behaviour and very upsetting for you made worse by your Sister’s reaction. I think no presents in future spend on yourself! I have heard of people this Christmas not respecting others wish not to mix because of the Covid risks and some of those with very vulnerable situations.Then their ‘friends / relations’ have taken offence.What is wrong with people? Just total stupidity and selfishness.If I was treated like that then distance would be my mantra from now on & that has nothing to do with infections.

Anyone see the final final portrait artist of the year with Nicola Benedetti? Pure genius both artist and sitter. I’ve got to admit Andre Rieu isn’t my cup of tea too middle of the road lift musak .
I did it was absolutely fabulous he captured her in a magical way it brought her to tears ,beautiful 😊

Latest posts

Back