Ice scraper & snow brush

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OH was initially interested until I read the reviews which said it was so roughly made it would damage the paintwork.

Needless to say the reviews mentioned during the sales spiel were limited to the fact that the telescopic aspect was good for shorties with jeep type vehicles.

Thousands have been sold over the weekend - wonder how many will be returned?

Actually even looking at the Halfords reviews a large % haven't actually used it yet so their 5 stars are not really accurate but at least there you can see it in the flesh and at the lower price you could use it for something less vulnerable than expensive paintwork. Be like Craig and get all excited about taking the snow off your wheelie bin!!

OH was initially interested until I read the reviews which said it was so roughly made it would damage the paintwork.

Needless to say the reviews mentioned during the sales spiel were limited to the fact that the telescopic aspect was good for shorties with jeep type vehicles.

Thousands have been sold over the weekend - wonder how many will be returned?

Actually even looking at the Halfords reviews a large % haven't actually used it yet so their 5 stars are not really accurate but at least there you can see it in the flesh and at the lower price you could use it for something less vulnerable than expensive paintwork. Be like Craig and get all excited about taking the snow off your wheelie bin!!

Ha ha!! I saw that too. That man seriously needs to get out more!! I am going past Halfords tomorrow so if I remember I'll pop in for a look. I'm only small and my car is quite high, so it may be handy for me. It will save me from getting snow covered chesticles whilst trying to clear the motor in the morning ;-) That's got to be worth a tenner of anyone's money, ha ha!

I feel rather sick now, I paid over £16 for the one I got from QVC ....too much trouble to send it back. (will I ever learn ...check the net before ordering):mysmilie_503:

I feel rather sick now, I paid over £16 for the one I got from QVC ....too much trouble to send it back. (will I ever learn ...check the net before ordering):mysmilie_503:

Oh no :-(

Well, my new philosophy is "always check elsewhere"! I can't see me being able to not watch Q, so instead if I really, really, really need something on there, I will check elsewhere first.

I can confirm the Halfords version is great, got one a few years ago and it's served me well in the North West's predictably snowy winters (don't get me started on Londoners who explode when there's 5 millimetres of snowfall! :wink:)

Re: concerns about paintwork damage, any broom on your car could damage the paintwork, but as long as you don't go hacking away at your car's roof as if you're sweeping the floor I can't really see how it could scratch it, all you're doing is pushing the snow away and then jumping into the car as quickly as possible to warm up :mysmilie_462:

Last edited:

I bought mine from QVC when it first aired and it was a little cheaper than it was when it was on at the weekend. It is pretty good btw. :wink:

My mum took delivery of the QVC ones today and they are going straight back!! She phoned up and told them the presentation was very misleading as they insisted the brush was soft. The brush is very hard, capable of scratching paintwork or even the glass! And the scraper end is very rough and sharp too!!!

My mum took delivery of the QVC ones today and they are going straight back!! She phoned up and told them the presentation was very misleading as they insisted the brush was soft. The brush is very hard, capable of scratching paintwork or even the glass! And the scraper end is very rough and sharp too!!!

Really? How disappointing. I forgot to go to Halfords today but it will be interesting to see how it compares.

I got one from the high street last year, the ice scrapper isn't much use for reaching areas you find difficult because you can't get pressure behind the long handle , the brush is ok for brushing the snow off the car roof.

I got caught out last year, came out of work to thick snow on my car and didn't have a the long brush/ scraper in my car.
I had a laminated A4 sheet of thin card in my work bag, it made a great snow remover�� I was ready to drive away before those with diddly ice scrapers

I bought mine from QVC when it first aired and it was a little cheaper than it was when it was on at the weekend. It is pretty good btw. :wink:

I ordered another one from Amazon for about £12/13 and I must admit the QVC one look the best of the two, they are both stocking fillers, so hope they will be ok.

Latest posts

Back