Julien McDonald

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We have a large Waitrose store and a small local all very close to me. In my area its gone rapidly downhill. Where the Sainsburys stores have maintained thier high standards our Waitrose stores have declined. I buy thier own brand toilet tissue and they do great specials on the best cleaning brands.

We do not have Waitrose in N.I.

But, Sainsbury's own brand toilet cleaner is excellent and well the last one I bought 99p. I also use their own brand breakfast cereal, again 99p compared to £2 for the branded.

Woops! I shop at Waitrose. They often have promotions on everyday items making them cheaper than Tesco's for things I buy.
Me too! I love it, but since they stopped their instore delivery service using their branch van and wonderful driver Eddie and I couldn’t get an online delivery for love or money through the pandemic, I now use Ocado for my weekly shop. Our Sainsburys is terrible, truly terrible (I get the white vinegar for cleaning the kettle and sink there as it’s cheap) and we only have a mini Tesco. There is a Lidl but I haven’t walked the extra yards to try it out.

We do not have Waitrose in N.I.

But, Sainsbury's own brand toilet cleaner is excellent and well the last one I bought 99p. I also use their own brand breakfast cereal, again 99p compared to £2 for the branded.
I buy generic products for many things, but still use Harpic White and Shine for the porcelain bowl 🚽, but only buy when on offer. I will check out Saint’s own brand toilet cleaner.
Me too! I love it, but since they stopped their instore delivery service using their branch van and wonderful driver Eddie and I couldn’t get an online delivery for love or money through the pandemic, I now use Ocado for my weekly shop. Our Sainsburys is terrible, truly terrible (I get the white vinegar for cleaning the kettle and sink there as it’s cheap) and we only have a mini Tesco. There is a Lidl but I haven’t walked the extra yards to try it out.
I had the opposite problem in lockdown. I could only get on Ocado’s waitlist to become a subscribed member, and could get both deliveries or click and collect from Waitrose. Where I am the local Morrisons is best avoided. I once had to get the manager as they had what was clearly pork wrapped and labelled as lamb… in a store with a heavily Muslim clientele!!

Latest posts

Back