Lessons in Beauty TSV 30/6/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

well it freaked me out a bit when i saw the pics

I might push you out of the "plastic bubble" so i can hide in there... it looks like an alien probe they'd use in a movie lol

And I wonder how much they're going to expect people to pay for that contraption, seeing that a pack of cotton buds are £32!

This is available at boots and John Lewis for just under £350. It's supposedly a non-surgical facelift. The serum buds are just under £35 so qvc's price for those will be about the same with the p&p. I suppose the 30 day refund will be useful but even so I'm not convinced it'll be worth the effort. Rio's 60 second facelift gadget is around £90 and gets quite good reviews and no expensive buds required, just some conductive gel. As with all these things you have to use it diligently to see any small improvement.

Thinking of investing in CACI electrical facial?

If its seems too good to be true, it usually is!

What they dont tell you is that there is no way saggy wrinkled facial skin can be corrected by muscle stimulation!!
Think of it like this. You can buy toning machines for the tum, which offer electrical impulses to the abdominal area, BUT, if the torso has wrinkled slack skin, the skin will remain wrinkled and slack, the only way is to scalpel the excess off. Same applies to the face

Sure, the skin on the face is the only skin attached to the muscle, so, toning the facial muscle Might give the illusion of lifting by compression (try this - put your fingers above your eyebrows pull up for 3 minutes then let go - yep, you will get rejuvenated eyes - same principle

To sum up... order if you wish, but ZZzz its another fad. There have been no scientific studies that demonstrate any long term improvement in facial tone or appearance from using electrical stimulation machines

sorry for bursting your bubble!

Last edited:
One day women will realise that there is no magic bullet - nothing you can do to stop the ageing process. Looking after your skin and keeping it in good condition is the best thing you can do. How you age depends a lot on your genetics, and there's nothing you can do about those. You can't stop lines and wrinkles, but if you keep your skin well hydrated the lines and wrinkles you get will present better. And showing the signs of your years isn't some terrible disease - it's a sign that you've lived your life and have had experiences that only time can bring. I've earned every line and wrinkle, and if I didn't have them I'd have led a very bland and uneventful life. What's the point of a life that hasn't had anything in it?

These new fangled gizmos and gadgets are touted as being the greatest thing since sliced bread until the next gizmo and gadget arrives. My face will age just as the rest of me will age and I certainly don`t expect something with 2 cotton buds in it, to work miracles. Who on Earth swallows this hype ??
Eat well, sleep well, keep your skin clean and hydrated, smile instead of frown, don`t look upon fine lies or wrinkles as something to be afraid of and spend your time and money on making yourself and others happy. That`s my mission statement and I`m sticking to it.

And showing the signs of your years isn't some terrible disease - it's a sign that you've lived your life and have had experiences that only time can bring. I've earned every line and wrinkle, and if I didn't have them I'd have led a very bland and uneventful life. What's the point of a life that hasn't had anything in it?

In which case, Lulu 'yeah yeah yeah yeah yeahhhhhhh' must have lived a very sad hermit like existence lolol

Latest posts

Back