T&M TSV 3.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 34
  • T&M TSV 4.jpg
    T&M TSV 4.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 29
  • T&M TSV 5.jpg
    T&M TSV 5.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 38
Saved! I'm absolutely rubbish at growing dahlias so much as I love them I will not be buying these.

CC

Thompson & Morgan 6 Dinner Plate Dahlias with 100g Incredibloom
Item Number: 736157
QVC Price £30.00
Todays Special Value Price £19.99
P&P £2.95

Theres no better way of creating an unforgettable summer display in your garden than with this Dahlia Dinner Plate collection from Thompson & Morgan. The stunning selection includes six different dahlia tuber varieties boasting magnificent giant blooms that can grow up to 30cm wide! Complete with Incredibloom Fertiliser to help keep them strong and beautiful, these gorgeous plants will be the envy of all your neighbours and make irresistible cut flowers to brighten up your home.

*A great saving: If you were to buy these items individually, directly from Thompson & Morgan you’d pay £36.98 plus P&P. So, for our Today’s Special Value price of just £19.99 plus P&P, you’re saving £22.03.

Delivered directly from Thompson & Morgan - these are available on Advanced Order. Place your order now and your plants will be delivered in March or April.

A riot of colour! - these large, striking dahlias are truly a feast for the eyes. Each bloom grows up to 30cm across, held upright on sturdy stems. They’re ideal for exotic planting schemes and will make a dramatic focal point at the back of your borders or look beautiful as cut flowers indoors with their bold, vibrant hues.

• Half-hardy perennial
  • Flowering period: July - October
  • Plant position: full sun
  • Soil type: moist, well-drained soil

Contains:

• 1 x Dahlia Cafe Au Lait - exquisite blooms in soft apricot-pink colours which slowly fade to warm blush-cream. Mature size (h x w): 120cm x 60cm (48" x 24")
  • 1 x Dahlia England's Glory - a semi-cactus variety with curled bright pink petals each tipped in dazzling white. Mature size (h x w): 100cm x 50cm (39" x 20")
  • 1 x Dahlia Spartacus - very striking black-crimson decorative variety. Mature size (h x w): 100cm x 50cm (39" x 20")
  • 1 x Dahlia Sun Explosion - fiery decorative variety with flaming yellow and red blooms. Mature size (h x w): 100cm x 50cm (39" x 20")
  • 1 x Dahlia Wanda's Capella - large buttery yellow blooms that measure up to 30cm (12") in diameter. Mature size (h x w): 120cm x 60cm (48" x 24")
  • 1 x Dahlia White Perfection - with huge pristine white flowers. Mature size (h x w): 120cm x 60cm (48" x 24")
  • 1 x Incredibloom Fertiliser (100g)

Cultural instructions:

• Open packaging immediately on receipt and stand upright where appropriate
  • When growing in containers, don’t fill to the brim with compost. Leave up to 2.5cm (1") of pot on show to allow for watering - halve this for small pots and cell trays
  • If growing on the windowsill, turn plants regularly to prevent them stretching towards the light
  • Pots should always have drainage holes, but place on saucers/trays to prevent surface staining. It also helps retain extra water during summer heat
  • Always water prior to planting or potting on
  • Prepare soils ahead of planting. For the best establishment, work Incredicompost and Incredibloom Fertiliser into the growing area. These will also give you the best results in container displays too. Alternatively opt for regular liquid feeds through the season, starting at six weeks after planting
  • Avoid planting when soils are too wet or frozen
  • Plant dahlia tubers outdoors in May after all risk of frost has passed
  • Choose a sunny position in moist well-drained soil
  • Prepare the soil by digging in plenty of well-rotted manure or compost
  • Plant tubers at a depth of 15cm (6") and water well
  • Alternatively, start tubers into growth in pots of compost in a frost-free greenhouse
  • Transplant them into their final positions outdoors in May once risk of frost has passed
  • Feed and water dahlias regularly throughout the growing season
  • While dahlia plants are still young, pinch out the growing tip of each stem to encourage bushier growth and masses of flowers
  • Deadhead faded dahlia flowers to encourage more blooms to be produced
  • Dahlia tubers can be lifted in autumn and stored over winter in trays of peat, sand or wood shavings in a cool but frost-free position if required. They can be potted up the following spring

All measurements are approximate

I don't know why they don't mix up their shows a bit more.

Today is ALL DAY on gardening, so anyone without a garden or not interested in gardening will not even bother to turn on.

Same as fashion or beauty days, I don't even bother to look at the items.

On the other hand, a whole day of non-stop gadgets would be good :)

In days past Mr CC would watch DIY and he does sometimes watch the gardening shows so he can sit and moan all the way through them and spoil it for me. I bought him a convertible workbench that becomes a trolley and a decorating station and he loves it and it's well used so QVC isn't all bad!

CC

Latest posts

Back