OPI Pink Nail Envy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ellaaa

Registered Shopper
I received a QVC OPI nail varnish and nail envy set for Christmas and it has pink nail envy in it. Can anyone tell me if you can apply it directly to bare nails, or do you need a base coat underneath? I'm assuming it can go onto bare nails but wanted to check as the last thing I want is it staining my nails pink.

I've watched the videos for sets selling coloured nail envy's on QVC's website, but as per most QVC presentations they're all talking about twitter or what they had for tea rather than giving you any actual information.....

I received a QVC OPI nail varnish and nail envy set for Christmas and it has pink nail envy in it. Can anyone tell me if you can apply it directly to bare nails, or do you need a base coat underneath? I'm assuming it can go onto bare nails but wanted to check as the last thing I want is it staining my nails pink.

I've watched the videos for sets selling coloured nail envy's on QVC's website, but as per most QVC presentations they're all talking about twitter or what they had for tea rather than giving you any actual information.....

The quality of QVC's presentations for virtually everything these days is an absolute disgrace. But I'll put my soapbox away for now and try to answer your question!

Nail Envy should be put directly on the nail. If you are uncomfortable with putting the pink nail envy on "neat", as it were... and you have clear nail envy as well as the pink, you could put a coat of that on first. But if you only have "normal" undercoat, just use the nail envy... and no top coat either - you are reapplying the nail envy during the week.

Basically follow the instructions they should give you in the presentations: two coats on first application. Then a single extra coat each day for a week. At the end of the week remove it all and start again.

That's a wonderful reply MML, thank you! I never thought of putting a coat of regular nail envy on first, and then following it with the pink nail envy.

Please feel free to moan away about QVC's dreadful presentations, I cannot understand the point of shopping telly if they don't tell you more about the products and demo them correctly, otherwise it's just like shopping online or in the shops.

That's a wonderful reply MML, thank you! I never thought of putting a coat of regular nail envy on first, and then following it with the pink nail envy.

Please feel free to moan away about QVC's dreadful presentations, I cannot understand the point of shopping telly if they don't tell you more about the products and demo them correctly, otherwise it's just like shopping online or in the shops.

My feelings exactly! The unique selling point of selly telly is that you get proper demonstrations. No more!

I would sit all the presenters (and guests) down and read them the riot act.

The hour is not for them to massage their over-inflated egos and gratify their vanity. They are there for the sole purpose of selling units which are stacked on QVC's warehouse shelves. If they fail to do that, they won't sell the product, which means the money to pay their wages won't be forthcoming.

I would have a secret (non-facebook affiliated) panel of mystery shoppers rating each hour, and they would get a performance related pay for the hours they do. They would be rated on the amount of time spent talking about the products, the promptness of providing relevant information about the product size (sizing, dimensions, fabric composition etc), information about usage (for skincare/beauty - where in a beauty regime you use it - before what, and after what... for food items - does it need cooking; for utensils - where can it be used : hob, oven, microwave; how can it be cleaned... for clothing - cleaning instructions, ideas of how to wear it and what to wear it with)... I would give them bonuses for upsell (linking to other QVC products it would go with). I would also expect to see social media used correctly - answer relevant customer questions about the products being presented.

Anyone touting their own wares or businesses on air would be paupers, as I would deduct from their pay the value of the free advertising they have just had.

Anyone angling for freebies or compliments would also be paupers, as I would deduct from their pay the value of any products the brand gives them, or the air time they have just wasted for the sake of their vanity.

To be fair to them, I would not deduct for annoyingness, as this will vary so subjectively from person to person.

I'm stopping now... :mysmilie_11:

My feelings exactly! The unique selling point of selly telly is that you get proper demonstrations. No more!

I would sit all the presenters (and guests) down and read them the riot act.

The hour is not for them to massage their over-inflated egos and gratify their vanity. They are there for the sole purpose of selling units which are stacked on QVC's warehouse shelves. If they fail to do that, they won't sell the product, which means the money to pay their wages won't be forthcoming.

I would have a secret (non-facebook affiliated) panel of mystery shoppers rating each hour, and they would get a performance related pay for the hours they do. They would be rated on the amount of time spent talking about the products, the promptness of providing relevant information about the product size (sizing, dimensions, fabric composition etc), information about usage (for skincare/beauty - where in a beauty regime you use it - before what, and after what... for food items - does it need cooking; for utensils - where can it be used : hob, oven, microwave; how can it be cleaned... for clothing - cleaning instructions, ideas of how to wear it and what to wear it with)... I would give them bonuses for upsell (linking to other QVC products it would go with). I would also expect to see social media used correctly - answer relevant customer questions about the products being presented.

Anyone touting their own wares or businesses on air would be paupers, as I would deduct from their pay the value of the free advertising they have just had.

Anyone angling for freebies or compliments would also be paupers, as I would deduct from their pay the value of any products the brand gives them, or the air time they have just wasted for the sake of their vanity.

To be fair to them, I would not deduct for annoyingness, as this will vary so subjectively from person to person.

I'm stopping now... :mysmilie_11:

What great viewing that would be if you were in charge- I wish! There's nothing worse than tuning n to watch a presentation & switching off because the presenter is full of self indulgence, ME,ME,ME!!

Latest posts

Back