sizing inconsistencies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Today Nina Leonard showed a blouse where the XL was a size 43" bust the 4XL was just 52", during the same programme another item - a jumper, the 4XL was a 58" !!!! The joke is, that with Nina Leonard the 4XL sizing is only a recent addition to their stock, yet in many instances its just the old 3XL !

Centigrade later on the 4XL was 56" for a coat.

Its like throwing a dart at a sizing dartboard and seeing where it lands.

I saw a Ruth L quilted jacket on e-Bay and I bought it at at a very reduced price, new with tags. The jacket measurements were shown, so I thought all was good. But no! I can't do it up, and I won't wear it open in the front like some of the QVC models. Although it's too small in the front, the back humps out and the sleeve length is way above my wrists. Another one gone to charity.

It’s a problem with massed produced clothes. Not produced in UK and I suppose any quality control is outsourced to wherever they are made.
Q like to give the impression the clothes are exclusive and designer. The opposite is true. JR was talking about their massive turnover.
I bought a cozee home dressing gown . I looked at the reviews and sizing was flagged.
I opted for a size up but the sleeves are short and irritating.I guess you get what you pay for.

I saw a Ruth L quilted jacket on e-Bay and I bought it at at a very reduced price, new with tags. The jacket measurements were shown, so I thought all was good. But no! I can't do it up, and I won't wear it open in the front like some of the QVC models. Although it's too small in the front, the back humps out and the sleeve length is way above my wrists. Another one gone to charity.
Most of Langsford's clothing seem to be made on the small side. Her 'biker' jackets in faux everything are never done up on the models and the arms appear to fit like a second skin. Her jumpers look roomy around the bust but then narrow in to be a very snug fit on the hips. She's got around the sleeves being too long on her 'tailored' jackets by turning back the cuffs - yes, very 80's. Only the stretch-every-which-way blouses are guaranteed to fit.

I'm finished with buying clothes that I can't try on before I buy. I bought a quilted gilet from M&S on line. It fit, but it was cut like a box, taking 'boxy' to a whole new level. Straight seams from under the armholes (which extended almost to my waist) to the hem. No shaping from darts at all. I know I could send shopping failures back, but I don't.

The only things I can buy without trying on and I know they are going to fit is a size 10 jeans in Asda. They have a big waist and slimmer hips and they are perfect for me. Buying from QVC I have things in an XS and I also have things in a L depending on how fitted or non stretch the fabric is. I often look at Q's measurements and buy a medium going by bust size and then when it arrives myself and Mr CC could both fit in it. Then I think, oh I'll go for the small or XS and it wouldn't fit Tiny Tears. Pain in the neck and I end up giving them to charity. Lots of wasted money.

CC

If I am in any doubt about a clothing item in any way I return.Never buy clothes from QVC because of the cost of getting it here then returning and waiting for a refund or maybe I never see anything I would take a chance on has something to do with it?I have an account at JL can order, have it delivered to a local supermarket, usually ready for collection next day & return as easily, all free.Then it will be taken off my account before ant payment is due.Much the same with M&S although refunds can take a bit longer unless you return to a clothing store rather than food outlet.

The only things I can buy without trying on and I know they are going to fit is a size 10 jeans in Asda. They have a big waist and slimmer hips and they are perfect for me. Buying from QVC I have things in an XS and I also have things in a L depending on how fitted or non stretch the fabric is. I often look at Q's measurements and buy a medium going by bust size and then when it arrives myself and Mr CC could both fit in it. Then I think, oh I'll go for the small or XS and it wouldn't fit Tiny Tears. Pain in the neck and I end up giving them to charity. Lots of wasted money.

CC
I'm sure I put on another thread here that I needed a swimming costume for my holiday in November. I hadn't looked properly in the shops so went online a month before I went. Found what looked like a nice one on the website however when I got it realised it wasn't for me. The material was weird, it's hard to explain. I bought a size 16 but it was very baggy on the bottom half and I had visions it hanging by my knees when I got out of the pool🤣. Had I seen it in the shop I wouldn't have chosen it because of the fabric. I ended up buying one online in John Lewis, it was £15 dearer but fits very well, and had a powerful stomach panel which really held me in! I definitely prefer to try things on these days as I've made too many mistakes.

Latest posts

Back