Large Halogen oven

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anna_Key

Registered Shopper
This is tonights piggy.:36:
Did anyone buy this last time it was on, by the time I'd made my mind up it had sold out :rolleyes:

I know there are lots of them on the market and after doing alot of online research I've come to the conclusion that size to price ratio the IW one comes out on top, but it's no use buying it if it's crap or inferior to the smaller ones......so if anyone who actually owns this particular one could leave feedback, good or bad, especially bad! I'd be very grateful :)

134661_STANDARD___20080826.jpg

Yeah, but my chippies not open 24hrs a day :17:

And what if I felt like wining, dining and 69ing the vicar. There's only so much fish supper one man can eat :5:

This is tonights piggy.:36:
Did anyone buy this last time it was on, by the time I'd made my mind up it had sold out :rolleyes:

I know there are lots of them on the market and after doing alot of online research I've come to the conclusion that size to price ratio the IW one comes out on top, but it's no use buying it if it's crap or inferior to the smaller ones......so if anyone who actually owns this particular one could leave feedback, good or bad, especially bad! I'd be very grateful :)

134661_STANDARD___20080826.jpg

I bought one of these from JD Williams direct as they had the best price at the time. It was completely useless. I tried to cook a whole chicken in it and after 2 hours, the top was burnt and bottom wasn't just raw, it was still cold!! I'm not sure whether the item was faulty as it looked and sounded exactly as they do when demonstrated. It went straight back.

Am I correct in thinking that the oven IW sells does not have infrared cooking? I have kept wanting to buy the IW one because of the price and the fact that the lid does not have to be lifted off but if it doesn't have infrared it will be a lot slower than QVC or Thane's version. I thought I had talked myself out of it last time it was on but since noticing that it is going to be on tonight I am back to be completely undecided again. I also don't really want to ever buy anything from IW again - too much trouble in the past and reading on this forum about the hassle so many of you have had. If anyone can confirm that it doesn't have infrared I will forget all about it.

Found this on the website.......doesn't sound like it's infrared.

Sorry about the state of the C&P it's the only way it would let me do it.

Attachments

• halogen.jpg
    halogen.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 258
I'm on my third, 2 from QVC latest from TJ Hughes. 49.99

Most used appliance in my house we rarely use the oven or hob if it comes to it.

Mine haven't had a lift up lid though.

Can honestly say when this one keels over I'll be getting another

I have this and it is really very good and cooks well. Not had any problems with it and use it pretty often, especially for smaller things when it's a waste to put the oven on.

All halogen ovens give off infared as it's emitted from the halogen bulb.

Alan

I'm on my third, 2 from QVC latest from TJ Hughes. 49.99

Most used appliance in my house we rarely use the oven or hob if it comes to it.

Mine haven't had a lift up lid though.

Can honestly say when this one keels over I'll be getting another

I also have one with the detachable lid, this is the only negative feature with this superb item.
I wish mine had this hinge lid feature as it is a problem as to where to put the hot lid down.

I use mine about 3 time a week and would miss it, if it broke down.

I also have one with the detachable lid, this is the only negative feature with this superb item.
I wish mine had this hinge lid feature as it is a problem as to where to put the hot lid down.

I use mine about 3 time a week and would miss it, if it broke down.

Would agree that with the separate lid it does get tricky wondering where to put the hot lid! I usually use my 'spare' thick wooden chopping board.......

I have this and it is really very good and cooks well. Not had any problems with it and use it pretty often, especially for smaller things when it's a waste to put the oven on.

All halogen ovens give off infared as it's emitted from the halogen bulb.

Alan

I am having one of these will I, won't I days. I am wondering about the toasted cheese that they did as this is something I would use it for. If you have ever made it, does the underside get toasted or is it still just bread? Also, have you ever done things like Yorkshire puddings?

Yorkshire puddings turn out well in mine. I wasn't impressed with the cheese on toast, the underside doesn't get done enough for my liking :23:

I have a thing with mine that is a lid holder and my lid is not hinged, it just fits on like a saucepan lid.

I love these little cookers, have had two and wouldn't be without one now.

I am having one of these will I, won't I days. I am wondering about the toasted cheese that they did as this is something I would use it for. If you have ever made it, does the underside get toasted or is it still just bread? Also, have you ever done things like Yorkshire puddings?

Hi Kirkiegirl - I've never done toasted cheese but have used mine for part-baked bread which was beautifully browned all the way round, without any turning. Yorkshires and cheesy toast should be a doddle.

Argey x

I ordered one last night, I couldn't resist, the demos were wonderful :1:

Regarding cheese on toast - you could toast the underside first, it wouldn't take that long.

Chef Paul doesn't reckon much to infared, he thinks it's only useful if you want to see in the dark :18:

Him and Shaun were obsessed with smoking fags round the back of pubs last night - I'm not sure if it's a pastime of theirs :54:

I watched it last night as I thought the price was good (thought I might get it incase my one breaks) but it seemed to burn quite easily. I have the Nu Wave and I think it is better as I can do bread & cakes in that so although more expensive it's probably a better investment.

I think Chef Paul sets them all too high and then forgets to turn the down :25:

He was having a mare yesterday, first he burnt his pork joint and then tilted one of the cookers up so we could see the timer/temperature controls, the glass bowl, complete with some sort of meat, slid across the counter straight onto the floor, he went the colour of a beetroot :D

Noisy oven and fan

Hi all got one of these today, but must say at moment not to impressed, it cooks ok but the downside it's very noisy ? anyone else got this kind of problem, if not mine could be a faulty one.
thanks

Latest posts

Back