Large Halogen oven

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got an ancient Prima tabletop oven, looks just like the one with the unhinged lid, but is just a fan oven, not halogen. I've had it about 12 years and use it all the time. I wouldn't be without it. And now I can get a stand for the lid! I might even have a drive out to Bishops Stortford tomorrow to buy one from Coopers.

It would probably be worth me getting one (lid that is) but then would have to justify postage so wuld probably end up buying something else:27:

Ooops just read the review which said it was a bit expensive for a bit of bent wire, so maybe I will stick to my chopping board, no danger of me getting burned with that.........

Last edited:
I've been delivering a few of these, and one of my customers raved about them and said it was so wonderful she was getting them for other family members too.

Haven't used one myself though, but it looked a compact size (she took me to look at it) and fitted up the corner of her worktop nicely. It also looked as if it would be easy to clean too (better than a usual oven or combi micro-oven like I use). :)

I have one but what I dont like is the total lack of cooking instructions.It states it cooks faster than a normal oven ....how much faster?
Chicken for example..... cooking time 30 -40 mins. ...no mention of weights or anything so just too vague
I had tried it before but wasnt impressed but now I see Paul is turning over the food quite a lot so I decided to try it again.
I put in a roast joint ,browned it like he did ,and then turned the heat down as he suggested. I cooked it for 15 mins less than the normal oven time and the joint was still red raw in the middle....and "crispy" :54:eek:n the outside.

Any suggestion from the happy folk would be appreciated!

I noticed in the show that Paul cooked the beef joint for 90 mins.

My recipe book says "For a 2kg beef joint, cook @ 180c for 60 mins then turn down to 170c for 30 mins for rare, 45 mins for medium or 60 mins for well done."

I noticed in the show that Paul cooked the beef joint for 90 mins.

My recipe book says "For a 2kg beef joint, cook @ 180c for 60 mins then turn down to 170c for 30 mins for rare, 45 mins for medium or 60 mins for well done."

Thermroc,did your recipe book come with your oven or did you get it elsewhere?

I've got the Elitech cheapo version from BidTV (£23 incl). It's got stainless steel bowl instead of glass, good for me cos I'm accident prone. It's very good but needs a level headed user who can remember what the best temps and times are - no recipe book comes with this one, just a half-arsed leaflet.

I think my halogen bulb has gone but the oven's still working.

It is not terribly noisy, so I think Anna has a faulty one :(

My brother left the tongs inside whilst roasting - the price of the accessories from Coopers is, um, kinda steep :2:

clemenzina

It is not terribly noisy, so I think Anna has a faulty one :(clemenzina

Blue has the noisy one, Clemenzina:1:

I've only just started experimenting with mine - monday night I made Nigella's coconut cake, it was beautiful, instead of dividing it between two sandwich tins, I used one large cake tin, baked it at half the temp it said in the book and for 10 mins less, the cake was lovely, moist and well risen. I cut it in half when it was cold and filled it with coconut butter cream....A success!

Last night - Salmon, baby roast potatoes, sweet potatoes and asparagus.....I put the baby potatoes in for 20 mins, then added the sweet potatoes, 10 mins later I added the salmon and asparagus spears wrapped in foil with a teaspoon of water, lemon slices and a knob of butter, cooked for another 10 mins, it was delicious......another success!

I've got a rack of lamb marinating for tonight, I can't wait.

Latest posts

Back