Shades of Tsavorite delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemcherub

Registered Shopper
Fistly Wembley arch as i know its loved on here :giggle:
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UST5301&menuselection=3&colourScheme=9
I actually quite like it and it doesn't seem to flip but as its so convexed on the chest you seem to loose the paler shades at the bottom which is a shame as the shading is very well done, so i'm still pondering this one!
Next the other Tsavorite pendant
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=URP4653&menuselection=3&colourScheme=9
The shading is not great on this one if i'm honest (mine seems to have to much pale) so i was going to ask for a replacement but to be honest for the money it just doesn't sing to me!
This on sneaked onto my order - Alexandrite ring
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UOV0157
As soon as i opened the box i loved the colour a beautiful greeny tealy blue
But i need advice again (sorry)
Good points
Lovely colour, eye clean, good colour change, 18k gold
Bad points (and my dilema)
Ants wotsits diamonds (but i knew that when i ordered it and i didn't buy it for the diamonds),.
But my dilemma is the cut - it looks really well cut on first look but if you hold it to the light and look through the table or turn it over and look from the back you can see that it slightly native cut (if thats the term i need?) the line (sorry don't know the term) that runs from the center down to the tip of the pear is slightly off to one side which gives a slight window but is not visible on the finger!
Now this would usualy be a huge no no for me but the ring is just saying to me i've been cut like that to show my beauty look at me i'm lovely :giggle:
So what would your advice be stay or go? (alex pics on next post, ran out of space lol)

Attachments

• alex and tsav 028.jpg
    alex and tsav 028.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 200
  • alex and tsav 029.jpg
    alex and tsav 029.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 207
  • alex and tsav 030.jpg
    alex and tsav 030.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 195
  • alex and tsav 034.jpg
    alex and tsav 034.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 203
  • alex and tsav 035.jpg
    alex and tsav 035.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 190
Alexandrite pics

Attachments

• alex and tsav 003.jpg
    alex and tsav 003.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 216
  • alex and tsav 008.jpg
    alex and tsav 008.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 213
  • alex and tsav 015.jpg
    alex and tsav 015.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 216
  • alex and tsav 025.jpg
    alex and tsav 025.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 222
  • alex and tsav 026.jpg
    alex and tsav 026.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 215
Now this would usualy be a huge no no for me but the ring is just saying to me i've been cut like that to show my beauty look at me i'm lovely :giggle:
So what would your advice be stay or go?

There's your answer right there - you don't need us! You very rarely find a well cut Alex because they are so "rare" (sorry to use that word) that they are cut to maximise weight. I've got a PT with a horrible twisted culet but I loved its colour and have never regretted keeping it.

Sorry to hear about the Wembley arch but I did wonder about losing the gradient under the pendant. I also think once the tag is removed, it will flip so be careful with this decision hun.

The triangle Tsav is gorgeous but I agree, it looks a bit too light. I still haven't checked mine out and I think it's going to disappear from my basket but I just can't justify the cost for it so I'm with you on that one.

The Alex ring is beautiful Gemcherub and you already love it - make sure you are never parted!

I like Wembley Arch better than the other pendant, though personally speaking I wonder if it would have looked better without the diamond overlay. The Alex ring is lovely. What a super colour change.

If your Alexandrite ring is talking to you, then you must keep it. Ahem ...however I must advise that you stop the medication now! :giggle: I can't talk, I was asking my cat a question this morning. I'd have been really shocked if he had replied!

I think your Alex is lovely. I personally wouldn't worry about a slight window. You say it has a good colour change and for me that would define a truly great gemstone. I say, keep it.

It's a shame about the Tsavorites. They looked stunning on the T.V. I was expecting a very sharp contrast of colours between the gemstones.

Last edited:
If your Alexandrite ring is talking to you, then you must keep it. Ahem ...however I must advise that you stop the medication now! :giggle: I can't talk, I was asking my cat a question this morning. I'd have been really shocked if he had replied!

:giggle: medication? i have no idea what you mean!:giggle:
MY mom talks to her cat all the time my dads face is a picture! she says things like "tell daddy what you did today!" my dad shakes his head and says he'll bl**dy talk back on day then you'll have a shock lol

Lovely Alex ring and nice colour change...the window is more like a peep hole. I know in my eyes it would be a keeper :)

Oh lovely Gemcherub. I didn't see the show so when I read all the things about Wembley Bridge I didn't have a clue what you were all talking about! I love Tsavorite, such a beautiful sparkly shade. I actually need a pendant to go with a ring I got ages ago from TJC. I've never worn it because I'm a "matching" girl and don't have a match for it!

By the way, there's nothing wrong with having conversations with the cat. I've been having in depth debates with my cat and two dogs for the last 11 or 12 weeks when I was signed off work and going stir crazy. My cocker spaniel actually answers and has a conversation but try as I might I haven't quite mastered doggy language yet so don't have a clue what he's saying!

OK time for my medication now!

Alex............Yes! Yes! Yes!

I'm not sure about the Tsavorite pieces Cherub, the colour grading seems a bit limited, though the designs are very pretty. But for me, its the Alex ring that stands out, loving the clean simple style of this ring, even the prongs look superior.

But that colour change......wow......superb. Since that's just what Alexandrite is meant to do, its repaying your purchase cost 110%. Just being nosey here if you don't mind, had you seen it in a live auction / website auction or did it come from the shop? (You can always pm me if you prefer). ;)

I only wear yellow gold but I could give that Alex a very happy home. Please don't send it back .... it's gorgeous!!

I'm not sure about the Tsavorite pieces Cherub, the colour grading seems a bit limited, though the designs are very pretty. But for me, its the Alex ring that stands out, loving the clean simple style of this ring, even the prongs look superior.

But that colour change......wow......superb. Since that's just what Alexandrite is meant to do, its repaying your purchase cost 110%. Just being nosey here if you don't mind, had you seen it in a live auction / website auction or did it come from the shop? (You can always pm me if you prefer). ;)

I saw it on the web but it had a video and i liked the look of it so i put it in my basket them emailed asking if it was a one of a kind (so i new if i would recieve the one in the video) and i had a reply in around an hour:clapping: saying it was a one of a kind so i went ahead and ordered it.
Here is the video.
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UOV0157

:clapping: Hi Gemscherub
We haven't met yet..but just couldn't resist replying to a thread where not only there are pics of your beautiful Alexandrite but talk of cats!
I think the ring is stunning and the colours are strong. Lucky you!
I was outside brushing the cat this morning and having my usual one way conversation..you know the kind of thing..did you have enough breakfast mummy's angel? On looking up, next door were both standing there with an estate agent, staring at me and i'm sure I heard the words care and community as they went back inside!

Oh lovely Gemcherub. I didn't see the show so when I read all the things about Wembley Bridge I didn't have a clue what you were all talking about! I love Tsavorite, such a beautiful sparkly shade. I actually need a pendant to go with a ring I got ages ago from TJC. I've never worn it because I'm a "matching" girl and don't have a match for it!

By the way, there's nothing wrong with having conversations with the cat. I've been having in depth debates with my cat and two dogs for the last 11 or 12 weeks when I was signed off work and going stir crazy. My cocker spaniel actually answers and has a conversation but try as I might I haven't quite mastered doggy language yet so don't have a clue what he's saying!

OK time for my medication now!

Klos hun, it's the Wembley Arch - you can tell you're from Scotland! :giggle:

I too have in depth conversations with my two cats and dog. The dog is fairly puzzled, but one of my cats always answers back and our conversations can go on for ages. She tells me all about it, unfortunately I haven't a clue what 'it' is!

Gemcherub..... if I had ever managed to get an alex that showed such lovely colour change I'd be it's owner right now! I have had umpteen here, in high hopes,some large stones and some very expensive,but I have never been impressed with the change and they have all gone back. i think yours is very nice and you already love it! Enjoy!!

As to the chatting with pets.... well, I thought every good pet owner does that? I can't imagine that the owners of those poor creatures in puppy farms or found straved and diseased on the street did much speaking to those animals..... it's a blooming good sign to be a pet conversationalist, in my book!

i love the alex ring...

how does the colour change actually happen? does it have to be exposed to daylight and then some element in it wears of or reacts to darker light?

With apologies for going off topic Cherub....but still lovin your ring

Gemcherub..... if I had ever managed to get an alex that showed such lovely colour change I'd be it's owner right now! I have had umpteen here, in high hopes,some large stones and some very expensive,but I have never been impressed with the change and they have all gone back. i think yours is very nice and you already love it! Enjoy!!

As to the chatting with pets.... well, I thought every good pet owner does that? I can't imagine that the owners of those poor creatures in puppy farms or found straved and diseased on the street did much speaking to those animals..... it's a blooming good sign to be a pet conversationalist, in my book!

Well said Mathilda, couldn't agree more. With our past menagerie of animals from a huge Rough Collie to tiny hamsters and all sizes, breeds and colours in between, I think I've had some of my 'best' conversations with my pets. At least they all listened intently...........more than can be said for the humans in the family!! mysmilie_1436

:mysmilie_314.gif:
cat.gif
BUNNY.gif
grinnikhamster.gif
GUINEA112.gif

i love the alex ring...

how does the colour change actually happen? does it have to be exposed to daylight and then some element in it wears of or reacts to darker light?

Suzy, maybe this will help. As I understand it, it's influenced by the different colour of light sources; daylight contains blue light while incadescent light has a red tone.

What causes the colour change?

Alexandrite is a trichroic gemstone which may absorb and reflect light differently in each of its three optical directions. However, it is not the trichroism that is responsible for the remarkable change. The colour change phenomena is a result of the presence of chromium +3 ions and the way they are absorbed and reflected. In rubies the chromium absorption band is around 550 nanometers and in emeralds, the band is around 600nm. In alexandrite, where the band is at 580nm and right between ruby red and green emerald, the stone is balanced between them. When the light is balanced (daylight), the stone will be green but when the light source is reddish (incandescent), the stone appears red.

P.S. I'm glad I'm not alone in having conversations with my cats. They are great for the self confidence, aren't they? They always tell me I don't look a day over 25, my bum doesn't look big in anything and it's good and healthy to eat chocolate every day. :giggle:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back