Today I got rid of.......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Funnily enough though I've got another Paisley Kim & Co dress and it's black with shades of golds and browns,cream etc..It's a midi with a flounce and the sleeves also have a flounce..I realise I'm making this dress sound terrible, but it really isn't, and I always get compliments when I wear it, but it's a bit too special for every day wear. It was on the back of this that I went for the other one hoping for something I could just slip on in the daytime and look effortlessly chic lol! ...but this particular dress whilst based on burgundy has a lot more colours in the pattern and it doesn't look so nice and it just hangs there. I wouldn't call it unflattering as it doesn't emphasise lumps and bumps, the colour doesn't suit me at all and it just makes me look "covered up" not the look I was trying to achieve, especially since last year I had a major cull of my wardrobe and literally got rid of everything that fell into that category. Anyhow.....Good riddance to the dress and hello to one dress less I'm down to 15 now!

Wish I was down to 15 ! despite continual culling, I refuse to ditch the evening stuff which will surface again once cruising starts up again. Other than that, I still have a rail full of frocks which I'll never part with, as they are 'me' at this stage in my life, midi/ankle length, inseam pockets, elbow length or 3/4 sleeves.

Well I've ordered a replacement jumper, I had a look at a few places I'm registered with including Q which will come as no surprise had the worst offerings of the lot unless you're prepared to part with silly money which I'm not. Eventually plumped for one from my catalogue in a forest green which will go with most things in my wardrobe £22 no postage and packaging, and I ordered in a size too big because despite the description being "relaxed fit" it looked pretty fitted in the pic, and relaxed fit is what I want..at least I know if I don't like it or need the smaller size I can return it free of charge and re order. Hopefully it doesn't make me look saggy and scruffy though! But as I said before, definitely not going to replace the dress!

In a magazine last week I saw a advert for a tunic from cotton traders reduced from £40 to £20 but on their site it was still full price so felt I was being fleeced.

I am running out of room for superseded gadgets, but they are much to expensive to dump.

For example, I replaced £100 DAB radio with £220 radio, then with a £400 radio/CD/Ipod dock, then replaced with a £650 version, then a £2500 version. And that is not counting all the other expensive hi-fi stuff I have. I do rotate some of the cheaper versions to make sure they still work, including Bose Wave radio, Bose Sounddock and various Bose Bluetooth speakers, as well as my Bose PC speakers.

So not the sort of items people would buy for a worthwhile amount (for me) and certainly not dump or charity shop items.

I find it quite stressful, but I have ALWAYS been a hi-fi buff, ever since I discovered my pop records had bass on them when I used a friend's record player.

But I buy hardly any clothing, only when something wears out into holes.
Not hifi, but I came across my old MicroWriter Agenda in a storage box the other day. Do you remember those? It's possibly too rare to give to charity. I have various iPhones, DAB radios, large floorstanding speakers etc. The money I have spent on tech over the years must be staggering. I have way too many vinyl albums too. I no longer have the space for this stuff really, so should at least try to sell them.

I’ve probably only used them once or twice, but with the way things are at the moment will anyone accept them.☹
Best to ask. Unfortunately in these times domestic abuse has risen sharply, so the refuges are likely to be very busy.
These charities normally have a p.o. box for deliveries so that abusers cannot try and track the whereabouts of their "loved ones".

Best to ask. Unfortunately in these times domestic abuse has risen sharply, so the refuges are likely to be very busy.
These charities normally have a p.o. box for deliveries so that abusers cannot try and track the whereabouts of their "loved ones".
Oh yes of course,I know it’s very sad 😞 I will make enquiries.

But how do you find where to send for the refuges with them being very secret?
I have lots of stuff, used once or not used at all having come in sets where I just used bits of them.
If you do a search for the charity, and look for donations, there should be details there. As I say, it is likely sent to a p.o. box, as you wouldn't want to create a dangerous situation for those handling donations with loving spouses turning up to ask for information about the whereabouts of a partner who has fled for safety.

But how do you find where to send for the refuges with them being very secret?
I have lots of stuff, used once or not used at all having come in sets where I just used bits of them.
In Birmingham they have a Woman's aid Centre, which is basically an office where they accept donations, a couple of years ago a few of us at work took a lot of donations in after Christmas, smellies we had too many of and children's clothes and toys, thay were very well received and distributed to various hostels/ safe houses in and around the city area,

Not into cars myself, but my OH had a Porsche Taycan 4S parked outside, very incongruous for the area, so I looked it up.

It turns out that it is ELECTRIC and 165mph, 0 to 60mph in 4 seconds, so that would make me travel sick!

The very basic price is about £65,000 but by the time you've chosen your wheels, upholstery, radio etc, it could be well over £150,000. It's been coming and going for a few days, but we don't know where the owner lives yet.

I meant to say £85,000

Chucked out a load of things last week. Even a Dennis Basso Mac went into the charity bag. It's not that they don't fit or they're worn out but since I moved to the sticks I just don't go anywhere to wear nice clothes. This year we didn't even go on holiday so all my summer stuff has gone back into the loft until next year. I tried selling some of it on Ebay but no takers, maybe it's because no one wants small sizes?

More has to go and I will get on to it.

CC

If anybody has new and unused toiletries and makeup you wish to donate then google to see if there`s a beauty bank in your area. Some Superdrug stores have collection boxes and there may well be someone collecting for them in your area.

If anybody has new and unused toiletries and makeup you wish to donate then google to see if there`s a beauty bank in your area. Some Superdrug stores have collection boxes and there may well be someone collecting for them in your area.
I did read about the Beauty Banks,but I thought it was just toiletries and feminine products .😊

Not into cars myself, but my OH had a Porsche Taycan 4S parked outside, very incongruous for the area, so I looked it up.

It turns out that it is ELECTRIC and 165mph, 0 to 60mph in 4 seconds, so that would make me travel sick!

The very basic price is about £65,000 but by the time you've chosen your wheels, upholstery, radio etc, it could be well over £150,000. It's been coming and going for a few days, but we don't know where the owner lives yet.

Not even my snooty mate could compete with that -I'd love to tell her we've traded in the micra for one of those...somehow I don't think she'd believe me lol

Basically it’s down to how much debt you have the balls to carry. It would be rare for someone with this price of car to have paid outright (if law abiding) and once they get used to this level it’s easy to be in denial and just add more and more.

so M you are better off with your Micra and sleep at night.

Not even my snooty mate could compete with that -I'd love to tell her we've traded in the micra for one of those...somehow I don't think she'd believe me lol

Yes, I made a typo with the price, it doesn't start from £65K but from about £84K, but that's before you start looking at which wheels to choose ! You can do it all online, it was great fun, my OH and I got well over £150,000 with, for example, a coloured Porsche logo on the wheels (about £500) and another one on the steering wheel (about £300).

In fact, if you want a bit of fun, you can choose your own accessories from this link. It tells you the cost of each option, then if you select it, it adds it to the price. Don't forget the personalised floor mats ;)

BTW I don't usually like sports cars, but this looked superb, I was amazed by how large it was, especially its width.

Use this link then click on BUILD YOUR OWN

I am impressed with posters decluttering their wardrobes and being honest with themselves. Over many years I have built up an enormous number of clothes and shoes. If I died suddenly I would be ashamed of the volume of clothes my relatives would have to sort through. Recently my mother died and she had items in her wardrobe that still had tags on that she had saved for best. It was quite sobering. It has taken my sisters and I months to clear through her gear.

This has spurred me on to tackle my clothes. It is like pulling teeth though. I always find some reason to keep items. I did manage quite well earlier this year and I always find stuff for the Breast Cancer charity bags that come through the door.

I tried to sell some on Ebay and did quite well but was put off by one buyer who complained that the shoes I sold her were damaged, with buckles coming off and stitching coming undone. I refunded her in full immediately but was struck with her lies and barefaced cheek. The shoes were purchased in Selfridges and never worn!!! In truth selling clothes on eBay is hard work for not much reward and if you get an awkward buyer, it can be unpleasant.

It's best to decide that you do not want the clothes cluttering up your life, choose the ones you enjoy wearing now and let the others go.

Latest posts

Back